Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortaldo flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
williamslater
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
williamslater

Setup : scott b g7.1as td wides

do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? Empty
PostSubject: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:30 am

Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

Companies : Bluefly Board Co.
Setup : BWNM/BRR trucks/Winkler D-rex blues/FBSes
FFG12/BRR trucks/Substance Quartz BRR's/ FBSes
FFG12/Y trucks United/FF G6E/FBSes

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:42 am

Yeah they work...the only difference between BRR edition wheels and regular bearing wheels is the hole on the back of the wheel is bigger to allow the bearing to sit all the way against the hanger. Just be sure to use some wheel washers with them on td trucks tho...
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueflyboardco.com/
williamslater
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
williamslater

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:51 am

crap im out of washers
Back to top Go down
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:53 am

I sent one set of washers, because thats all I had.
Back to top Go down
williamslater
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
williamslater

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:55 am

oh ok thanls
Back to top Go down
мιℓєѕƒ
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
мιℓєѕƒ

Companies : Creekwood Fingerboard Store~www.creekwoodfbs.com

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:49 am

They work, but tend to cost some more cash money...
Back to top Go down
http://www.creekwoodfbs.com
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:33 am

TMG wrote:
Yeah they work...the only difference between BRR edition wheels and regular bearing wheels is the hole on the back of the wheel is bigger to allow the bearing to sit all the way against the hanger. Just be sure to use some wheel washers with them on td trucks tho...

im afraid i dont agree with this tmg........all my non brr ed wheels the bearings lock up on brts and the nuts cant be tightened all the way....well they can, but the wheels wont spin......also the nuts need to be glued..........ok.....you can use them without glue...but if you sesh them, the wheels will lock up, wont spin etc, etc..........this is the case with my ff g4s and g6s....i dont know about dual bearing wheels..i know my substance dual golds wont though...

brr ed wheels, im not too sure, but i think the bearing core is a little longer, so the nuts can be tightened all the way and still allowing the bearing to spin......imo the only wheels to use without problems on brts, is brr ed wheels........

and yes ff brr ed will work on tech/wide trucks.....i would use washers though...happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:54 am

^truth, as far as I know as well happy

Use washers and they should work. BUT, if I was gonna get brr wheels, substance are the same price and imo have nicer materials.. quartz or neo or thc. Unless you want just plain white, which I also really like.. but, yea, check out substance as well, They'll work just the same AND they come with washers happy
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:03 pm

blosom wrote:

im afraid i dont agree with this tmg........all my non brr ed wheels the bearings lock up on brts and the nuts cant be tightened all the way....well they can, but the wheels wont spin......also the nuts need to be glued..........ok.....you can use them without glue...but if you sesh them, the wheels will lock up, wont spin etc, etc..........this is the case with my ff g4s and g6s....i dont know about dual bearing wheels..i know my substance dual golds wont though...

brr ed wheels, im not too sure, but i think the bearing core is a little longer, so the nuts can be tightened all the way and still allowing the bearing to spin......imo the only wheels to use without problems on brts, is brr ed wheels.....

The core of the bearing is the same size, just the milled hole on the back of the wheel is smaller on non brr editions...see my how to HERE,where i take a set of FF g6'd Branden Roberts and make the m brr wheels...these are on my main setup still today. Dual bearing wheels have to be glued on brr's, no questions asked. On a single bearing wheel, the bearing is 2mm solid steel, hence if the hole is milled larger on regular non brr single bearing wheels, you can tighten them down all the way. If you are trying to use a single bearing without making the hole bigger, they wont work and will have to be glued. On dual bearing wheels, each bearing is 1mm wide with a milled "lip" in between the bearings = 3mm. When you tighten them down all the way, it pinches the bearing, not allowing them to rotate so they def need to be glued. Maybe this explains a little better?
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:10 pm

i get what your saying...........but, in my experience the only wheels that work properly on brts are brr ed wheels........normal single bearing wheels like g4s,g6s, if you bore the hole out at the back they will fit on the truck, but when you tighten the nuts the wheels lock and wont spin...not due to the hole at the back, due to the bearing being different....this doesnt happen on brr ed wheels....dont ask me why..i guess its to do with the bearing?

ok, you can put g6s on say...and they might spin ok, but with a hardcore sesh the wheels will lock up....and the nuts will need to be glued.. but when you do this the axel moves about and the wheels lock anyway...... happy

maybe all your brts the axel doesnt move on them? happy
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Ahhhhhh I get what your saying now very happy yeah they do have a tendency to slide back and lock on the hanger, nothin a little tug on the wheel can't fix wink the only true brr wheels I have are winklers and an older set of quartz, and the winks will still slide back and lock too...oh well it just teaches you to be steezy very happy my brr quarts were made into duals cause the axle would move like you were saying...
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:29 pm

ahhh, you see now very happy ....yeah, ive tried my g4s and g6s and they will work on brts with your tutorial, but i would say only on new brts where the axel doesnt move about....when the axel moves about, (as it should, but on some brts its quite stiff) the wheels keep locking...if you dont mind them locking up cool.....but i couldnt ride them cos they lock up after like every trick.....i guess i must be quite heavy handed? very happy

brr ed wheels you wont get none of this locking up...just super smooth wheels perfectly tightened to the truck happy
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:47 pm

The only time mine really lock up is when I land primo or somethin...out of the 5 sets of brt that I have, I only have one set that the axle doesn't move too easily, but the haven't been "broke in" yet...

But yes William, like we have said brr wheels will work fine, as long as you use washers wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks???   do flatface brr trucks edition wheels work on tech deck trucks??? Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1