Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDeep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

Companies : I make decks for my self occasionally.
Setup : Pli Deck Custom
BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Purple BRR Edition Wheels
Witchcraft Bushings<3

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Empty
PostSubject: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Hey guys, so if you haven't seen my last website and or decks. They looked like poop sad. I have been working on new decks and have found new shaping techniques, better ways to press them for a better consistency. Also, I have been working on drilling holes and making them a lot cleaner. I have some decks made but not enough to release a stock yet. I am trying to do graphics (custom only), but I can't do good paper graphics at all. And when I do woodprint, since the bottom ply's grain has to be horizontal, whenever I cut the deck out on my band saw it rips the bottom ply apart. So if anyone could give me tips on graphics, that would be great happy. I will be redoing the entire website. So expect a huge improvement in Deep Forest Decks! I will have pictures up once the stock is ready. Also, prices will be lowered to 5 dollars because I just want to get decks out to people to show them that they are good happy. And I have been working a lot, so within a couple of weeks or so, I will be getting an NFB mold. But for now, I am staying with the medium kicks shape.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Dscn0911Before Final Sanding, Lacquering.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Dscn0913After Final Sand, Lacquering

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Dscn0915 This is a prototype deck, PM me if you want to prototype it.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Dscn0916 Medium Shape

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Image11 I just made this one of a kind cruiser today. I used no template what so ever, I just eyeballed the shape. Offer up on it. I will be selling these also once the stock is complete. But that won't be for a while. And sorry for the bad picture, I had to use my iPod.

Last edited by ianbryce199 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:43 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 pm

pics or your lieing
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:38 pm

http://www.deepforestdecks.com/ Here's the sight so far, give me feedback on what you think so far. And I said I'm going to put pictures up at a later time when I have more than 2 decks made to show their consistency.
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:45 pm

good start, but i want to see the shape and how they are so pics asap
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Alright, well I can have pics up tomorrow because I'm cutting two decks tomorrow. happy
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 9:42 pm

I can't wait for pics. I want to see how these decks come out.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Post your decks now dude. Consistency is great, but not if they are consistently bad.

I don't really see a lot of use for this thread if you have nothing to show?
As i read the thread this is what you are saying:

- You have made shitty decks
- You are going to stop making shitty decks
- You can do graphics, but you have no idea how to
- You are gonna charge $5 for your decks cause "you want to get them out there" or maybe because you don't feel they are worth more. (if a deck isn't worth more than $5 it's not worth using either).

Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Sorry for the holes looking bad in the picture, I didn't finish sanding them yet, I just wanted to post one so it didn't get locked.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Look now Mikkel. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Looks a little messy still, but you are definitely close.

Compare your decks to quality brands like Pure, Temple, Zink, Blosom.. When you feel like youre there then you are ready.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 11:55 pm

You have to make your decks special . Why should we buy your decks not another brand?? Think about that
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:13 am

Well once I perfect my graphics, I'm doing custom graphics. Also, I am going to be selling concrete features. I have a concrete bench mold, I just need to get more concrete.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 am

Well your not doing that.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:18 am

I clearly just stated that I am going to be... Haha and also something different about my decks is the shape. Instead of being a low shape like all the other companies (not hating on anyones decks) I have a medium shape mold. Anything else I should do??
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:22 am

more show less talk.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:27 am

What do mean by that? Do you want more pictures?
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 am

decks look god Ian!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:32 am

Ian I'd suggest changing a few of your methods. In chat you think people are hating on you but all they're doing is trying to help you improve. Right now you're talking about all the things that you're going to do and how cool it will be when you have nothing to back it up with. I get that you are excited and just trying to share with us. I've been there before too and I think it's safe to say we all have at least once. I would suggest you start uploading pictures with all these updates you make. It can be a real turn off for people when they see a post you've made talking about how cool something is or how stoked you are for it to be released and then there's no pictures. I really think this would help you in the long run happy
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:36 am

Thanks for the constructive advice Ryan happy. And I get what you mean, tomorrow, I'm going to the hardware store. So I will have concrete in the makes tomorrow. happy
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:39 am

Concrete is not gonna improve your decks though wink

Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 1:56 am

Good point, but its something that stands out wink.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:04 am

ianbryce199 wrote:
Concrete deck now that would be cool. we all started some where. your lucky back in the day people wouldnt tell anyone anything. so take what you can get. if you can get a good method that works for you . things will work out for you.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:19 am

keelan W wrote:
ianbryce199 wrote:
back in the day people wouldnt tell anyone anything

I feel like the only reason for this is because nobody at that point knew.

It's like skateboarding.

Nobody knew how or what a treflip was until someone tried it, learned it, and passed it on.

Passing things on isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's a good thing. You get to be the hipster of the idea, and basically everyone will revert back to you for tips and help. I would share everything I knew to help someone succeed as much as I did if I was good at something.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah sharing the basics isn't even a question for me. I'll tell people where to get veneer and what not without hesitation. Obviously if you've been working really hard on something it's different but for basic materials it's not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 2:33 am

Ian everybody has to start somewhere. Dont take what people are saying as hate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next