Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDeep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:06 pm

How many mm is your concave? shocked
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:33 pm

yeh i have, drill press, disc sander, and thats it !
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:40 pm

I feel I should point out, at no point did I say these decks aren't worth $5. I simply pointed out that there is nothing else that would make me wanna buy one. Ambition, on the other hand, have a number of unique selling points, and they're the same price. My point is THINK about your marketing, and tell me why you decks are worth buying, regardless of price.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:06 pm

My workshop is is a 4 foot by 2 1/2 foot area in my garage. I don't have enough space I need to drill my decks in my own room. And all I have is a drill press, disk sander, vise, and a mold. Out of all those things my mold is the most expensive deck making tool. All that money I spent on it came out of my pocket. The $250 it cost of my hard earned cash that i could have spent on a new camera or a new guitar amp.. but i put it back into fingerboarding to upgrade. Why? because i knew my decks could be better and I wanted to move forward instead of staying in the same spot.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

Companies : I make decks for my self occasionally.
Setup : Pli Deck Custom
BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Purple BRR Edition Wheels
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:20 pm

@yeekevin, I have just been thinking about who I should send prototypes out to so that's why I didn't respond. But I'll probably sen one to you since you seem pretty legit about it. And keelan you said you had a cnc cutting machine right. Well that right there is 5000 dollars...... And I get everyone's point. I thought you guys had workshops. Sorry lol.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:43 pm

ianbryce199 wrote:
@yeekevin, I have just been thinking about who I should send prototypes out to so that's why I didn't respond. But I'll probably sen one to you since you seem pretty legit about it. And keelan you said you had a cnc cutting machine right. Well that right there is 5000 dollars...... And I get everyone's point. I thought you guys had workshops. Sorry lol.
nope not 5,000 , i should have clarified, its a DIY cnc machine maybe $500-$950.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Either way man, that's a LOT of money.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:04 pm

ianbryce199 wrote:
Either way man, that's a LOT of money.
Keep in mind he's got a job Ian and also that he didn't start out with it.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

here's some detailed pics of a cruiser that Ian made for me

it's niiiice

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0310

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0311

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0312

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0313
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:47 pm

shocked That's actually really sick Morrow.
Back to top Go down
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:43 pm

morrow, that cruiser is really sick! I'm excited to try out a deep forest deck for sure!
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:20 am

morrowsnow wrote:
here's some detailed pics of a cruiser that Ian made for me

it's niiiice

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0313

The deck looks really thick, any measurements?

The shape is kinda bad, and the split doesn't seem perfectly tight. Also the finish is generally bad.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but if a deck isn't worth $12 then it's not worth selling at all. That deck isn't worth $12 i'm afraid. Keep improving your skills Ian and you might be able to make something you that you can sell.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 am

it's a little thicker than a woob as pictured below (woob on right)

the shape is very consistent

the split is super tight, it feels like one piece of veneer throughout

the finish is amazing, comparable to my zink, sorry if my camera can't do it justice

I believe that if he pressed these decks a tad bit harder (or different veneer) and worked on the countersinks and rounding they could easily be sold for $15-$20 a piece.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0314

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0315

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0316

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0317

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0318

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0319

Last edited by morrowsnow on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 am

Sorry Morrow, you just went full retard.. If you honestly mean what you've just posted i can't really say anything else than you have no eye for craftmanship.
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:46 am

looks like a td expert sk8 to me
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:50 am

Mikkel S wrote:
Sorry Morrow, you just went full retard.. If you honestly mean what you've just posted i can't really say anything else than you have no eye for craftmanship.

what did I say that is incorrect..?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 12:50 am

This is the last post I'll make in this thread because I feel like I'm being really negative and I hate that. You claim these decks are amazing and even go as far as saying the lacquer is as good as a Zink and then post black and white pictures. that is a clear indicator that you're trying to cover up flaws on the deck. That's how I see it at least.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:04 am

I was filming my mini with B&W filter haaha

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Img_0320
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:05 am

Well morrow, the deck looks like it never touched a piece of sandpaper, and yet you compare the finish to Zink. It's nowhere near Zink, you know that. I'll see wait and see what Ian is gonna say, but I think I'm going to abandon thread aswell. I think we've given enough advice here and on chat.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:22 am

Those decks were made with a Gator mold. I know this due to the fact that the kicks are so high, and that because the flat spot in the middle of the concave. Nothing wrong with the mold or anything but I mean at least be frontal and say that they're not made with the best materials possible, and price it based on that. The craftsmanship looks alright but imo that veneer is 2 sizes too big. Not trying to be negative but there is still room for improvement, as with any good fingerboard deck.
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:58 am

Kyle, stfu, it does not look like a tech deck.

Last edited by ianbryce199 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:00 am

kyle ashley wrote:
looks like a td expert sk8 to me

I think that's the stupidest thing anyone had commented on this yet..
Back to top Go down
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:40 am

Guys, please stop with the negativity. This isn't needed here, we're all fingerboarders trying to have a good time doing something we enjoy, and he makes decks to please himself, not to please you guys. If people end up liking them and buying them, what does it matter to you guys? Honestly, pictures never do something justice until you see it in person. I'm not taking either side, i'm just saying that you guy don't need to judge something that you're not 100% sure of! So what if he made it in a gator mold? Gator mold aren't bad? I'm sure most deck companies don't have custom molds, therefore should we judge all deck companies for having non original shapes? No, of course not! Don't be negative, just give him a few tips and be on your way if you're going to say stuff like that. Maybe, once a few decks have been sold to people who want them, after some reviews, THEN you guys can criticize some more, but as of right now, i don't see why you're being so harsh on him.

Edit: Tl;dr

Give the kid a break, and if you have nothing good to say, get out. Constructive criticism is welcome, otherwise if you have nothing else, just quietly leave.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:41 am

Dude all we are trying to do is help you out. I can understand that you'd be a little offended and IU can completely understand where you're coming from. I was in your boat about a year and a half ago when I was just starting back up. You just gotta let go of the pride you have just a bit and take some advice. It will help you make better decks in the end, dude. Take it from someone who knows exactly hat this is like. If you wanna see what I mean, try digging around to find my Ultra Decks thread from a long time ago. you'll see that I had a bit of an attitude with people criticizing my decks, and it's because I honestly thought they were super good, but now that I look back on it, I can see the flaws and I can see how much I've improved. Good luck, though, dude! Nothing wrong with an opinion, jut don't take it too far man. Really none of us wanna see you sink. We're only here to help improve, and though most sometimes it's negative, it is a hint of advice, blunt or not. And yeah Kyle you gotta tone it down with the rudeness there man, you've been kind of an arse lately.
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 7:06 am

ianbryce199 wrote:
All you haters are just fans in denial in my eyes. You can think what you want, but I know my decks are good. You guys just don't have good taste in something a little different. So hate all you want, but I'm gonna keep doin what I'm doin and I'm gonna make some sales because i already have people who want them. And you can't tell they are "unperfect" until you hold it in your hands.

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 SyDWug1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)   Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Forest Decks New Coming Stock!! (Prototype Available) (And New Kroozers Available)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next