Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalIXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IXO® Carbon fiber decks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:07 pm

good product
bad price
doesnt seem like you know alot about the community, or fingerboarding itself
as keelan said, i could get a carbon fiber board for over half the price
might wanna rethink a bit

but keep it up happy
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Send one over to Kerry Williams so he can review it.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Jayden H. wrote:
Send one over to Kerry Williams so he can review it.
124434r2x agree
Back to top Go down
IXO
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : IXO®
Setup : IXO®️ SK-01 32 MICRO Fingerdeck
Black River trucks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi all:

We just introduced our company here as somebody talked about us few days ago, which direct some visitors to our site. As we "follow" all the statistics of visitors, we found the thread talking about us, so we decided to introduce ourselves to all of you, as a kind of courtesy to readers.
We absolutly doesn't want to mean that all wooden decks are fragile, for sure not. But we know some kids that are breaking theirs (don't ask me how), while ours are very much durable, and that's easy to understand, I hope.
Also, we know perfectly that this isn't also our target for our fingerboards. Collectors, are, by example. Also, we sell pieces to those persons that want to make a nice present to their sons/grandsons, friends, etc. As most of our production of items it's destinated to became presents, we care a lot about packaging, so our customers have solved the nice presentation. Of course we understand that probably for the end user of the deck, the package doesn't matter, but it matters for whom paid the bill.

WE NEVER said that "all others are shit", please don't refer such words to us, because it's not true.

But it's totally true that we aren't fingerboarders.

And Mikkel, believe me that we know a little bit more than "one thing or two about carbon fiber".
Being able to produce CF parts for Airbus Military, by example (our biggest customer) need some more knowledge of just a couple of details.

But exactly as we're able to manufacture pieces for an aircraft, don't means that we're aeronautical enginneers or pilots, or being able to produce for a german manufacturer (Otto Bock®) CF feet don't means we're doctors or prostethics, being able to produce decks don't mean that we are riders. In fact, our longboards are considered the Lamborghini of the decks worldwide, and we never put one single foot over one of them.

We are NOT interested in sell hundreds of decks, or "gain" customers here, as we told in our last long post. So, we're not any interested in to produce nothing cheap, even in spite of that's not possible to mix CF+perfect finish to obtain a cheap product.

Tastes about industrial design are different as persons are different: our products would likes to some persons, but we understand the fact that to some others not, and we accept it of course, it's life !

The other well know company (name here) producing CF decks do it with not so perfect quality as ours, obviously, also don't use the same material (no prepreg, just dry CF fabric with liquid resin). But we aren't their competitors in any way, and nor them are our competitors.

By the way: many companies produce glassfiber pieces, covered with one last layer of CF, it's cheaper, and looks like CF pieces, but aren't truly CF 100%. Also, when you see a "white CF" deck it's a joke: CF it's ALWAYS black. What you see in the pictures of "white CF" it's simply glass fiber also.

Chevrolet isn't competitor of Ferrari or Porsche, but this don't means that such brands "should" produce cheap cars to compete with Chevrolet. And all of you could be sure that this brands are NOT any interested in producing cheap cars just to sell by millions. We not, also.
Probably it was a mistake to go in this forums, as the public, members and readers here aren't the market profile of our products (told this with the maximum respect and consideration to all), but we considered fear to give more information and data about IXO®, instead to say nothing.

Kindest regards to all of you, and goodbye !

IXO® Team
Back to top Go down
http://www.ixocarbon.com
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Sorry if we scared you off haha.
We just wanted to give you our opinions on your products, as average fingerboarders. Maybe give you some ideas on how to cater to the general consensus.
I hope you don't leave, because you are a very amazing company. But it's just that this "luxury" idea isn't for everyone happy
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 12:01 am

Heyyy I like you guys , stick around! happy

Hope to see more stuff from you  cheers 
Back to top Go down
HybridPaul
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HybridPaul

Companies : Palien Music
Setup : Flatface G14, Riptape, G6 wheels, Dump Trucks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 am

i received way more "shit" from fellow fingerboarders when i first started my company that you ever will. do not give up on this venture, although i think your skateboards would be way more profitable as i could see allot more people wanting one granted you're talking about a virtually unbreakable skateboard? (im even interested now) don't let a few words exchanged scare you away, the fingerboard community is just super protective of their craft. thats just something you'll have to accept. also, why not take a poll as to what sizes and shapes fingerboarders would like to see you produce? you need to realize that just because a shape and certain size may look appealing doesnt mean it will perform well given to a professional fingerboarder per say. and that alone will be the potential deal breaker on a sale. dont give up. just please, listen to what the public has to say.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/palienmusic
woob
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
woob

Companies : woob
Setup : woob

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 am

dat shit DEEP paul
~
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zmwoob
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 am

Some really good points there Paul...

More generally, while there's always going to be certain products with limited audience appeal, it was only through this forum I heard of IXO and I ordered mine yesterday, so there's at least one person here who is your target audience...
Back to top Go down
IXO
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : IXO®
Setup : IXO®️ SK-01 32 MICRO Fingerdeck
Black River trucks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:20 pm

Dear Frostie:

We will wait till we send your deck. Then, with your review and check about our product, we'll see what next steps to take. We don't want to disturb anybody, or create any discussion. We would love to hear your opinions and FOR SURE we'll appreciate your comments. New shapes are in mind for future models, so we'll see what follows...
Kindest regards to all of you

IXO® Team
Back to top Go down
http://www.ixocarbon.com
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:50 pm

That's great to hear... I'm sure the deck will be an amazing bit of craftsmanship, having watched some of your production videos, and I'm super excited to see it up close...
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 3:06 pm

I'd just like to say that i don't think anyone in this thread is giving IXO any shit. Or well, maybe in the beginning before the proper presentation.

There is a lot of good hints in this thread on how to market these decks, so i recommend taking in as much as possible. This forum is probably the fastest way to learn about the fingerboard community.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 am

IXO, I like that you're addressing all of our concerns. However, I do believe that Mikkel is correct in saying that the community will be skeptical buying your products because of your lack of fingerboarding experience. Your carbon fiber skills seem to be state-of-the-art, but I think it would really help you as a company to get closely involved with long-time established members of the community. This will cost you money, and it is an investment, but I would highly recommend sending boards to people like kerryDETH, blosom, Thom McInally, Xi, and many others. I know that this is a step that (if taken) will validate your company in this marketplace. I wish you guys nothing but success, but I'd like to see you more involved; at least through a well-known spokesperson.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Just been catching up over PM with the guy from IXO...

They're now going to make a review copy of one of their decks for Kerry and they've already decided to do new packaging based on some of the feedback so far... From the conversations, it's also clear that they're really keen to develop their product and looking at what they've done in the longboard market, they're obviously really passionate about their work.

Personally think it's very cool that they want to make fingerboards, and have been really impressed with the way they've been dealing with concerns... And can't wait to see my deck of course!
Back to top Go down
HybridPaul
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HybridPaul

Companies : Palien Music
Setup : Flatface G14, Riptape, G6 wheels, Dump Trucks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 am

+1 for the professional approach and calm consideration of new ideas.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/palienmusic
inQntrol
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
inQntrol

Setup : prete, oaks, brt

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:28 pm

i understand how we, the fingerboard- community is very critical with new producers, even more if theres not enough points to please them (if theyre not known or if they just put up a link and thats it... u get the point) and ive seen this even worse in other forums but i really see the point in IXO's comments and i really like, how u guys keep calm and explain everything.
good work, keep it up guys.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:54 am

Dear IXO

I would like to tell you my thoughts on your company.

The craftsmanship of your fingerboard decks is impeccable. The fingerboard decks look outstanding, but there is more to fingerboarding than just looks, its performance that matters above all else.

Most if not all of the companies you see here are own and run by fingerboarders. These are people who not only make fingerboarding products, but fingerboard themselves.

Fingerboarding is a special business and hobby because it's all about the scene. What is the scene? Well it's complicated. The scene is composed of the tight nit network composed of individuals who fingerboard and make fingerboarding products. The goal of the scene to in general is to support the scene and to support fingerboarding.

For example. If I wanted to get some rails made I could go my local metal shop and hire a wielder to wield some rails together for me. The rails could probably be made cheaper than me buying them from a fingerboard company, but by doing it this way I am not supporting the scene. So to support the scene I might have to pay a higher price for my rails, but I know that the money is going to a good cause because it keeps the scene going. It's how fingerboarding stays alive.

Even though fingerboarding has grown over the years the community is still quite small. This is why the scene is so important. When outside companies come in and try and sell products to the scene disturbances can arise. Sometimes this can be seen as a threat such as cheap $1.00 a piece China decks. Mass produced cheap products such as these can actually ruin the scene, because they can put self run fingerboarding companies out of business.

While China decks are easy to obtain due to the low price, your decks IXO, are on the complete opposite of the spectrum that fall into the category of luxury due to the high price. Because of the high cost of your product your company is not a threat to the fingerboarding community since only some select few will be willing to pay and others will simply be uninterested.

An order to break into the fingerboarding scene however, you must become one with the scene so to speak. If your deck was a Mike Schneider (a well known fingerboarder) signature deck then you would probably increase your sales and widen your target audience. So my advice is that if you want to be part of the scene then you have to be involved in the scene somehow.

Let me ask as question. What fingerboarders do you have on your team? Yes, your team. If you don't have a fingerboarding team then you should inquire about forming one. When you get a team your riders will use and promote your product as well as give invaluable feedback which in turn makes the product better. You should also think about sponsoring events as well. For example giving away a promotional deck at the next Flat Face Rendezvous (a well known fingerboarding event).

One important consideration to keep in mind about the scene though is that you can't force your way into it, but rather the scene has you accept YOU.

I've also read that you stated that this place isn't your target audience, but I do have to ask. If fingerboarders are not your audience than who else is? If someone is not using your product to fingerboard then they are owning it merely for looks and who is that, but the select few.

I would suggest that fingerboarders should be your target audience. I would also suggest that if you can still make a similar product that is around $50.00 USA then that should widen your audience even more. Maybe you could make this possible by using a less expensive type of carbon fiber or make a less expensive case that it comes in.

Now I would like to conclude on whether I would purchase one or not. My fingerboarding size is 26mm by 96mm so I personally cannot use a 29mm or wider deck. So if I purchased your product I would never be able to use it. On the other hand I am also a collector who buys decks and frames them on my walls to look at. So I would want to purchase a deck of yours one day so I could do that. Maybe I'll pick up one when I have an extra $100 then. happy

In short.

- Get a fingerboarding team

- Try and reduce the cost

- Become part of the scene

Takecare
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IXO® Carbon fiber decks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2