Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
andreduarte
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
andreduarte

Setup : Tonic29
Ytrucks
Big Dz

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

I am looking for a brand with 32mm high kicks decks, does anybody know one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/andreduartefb
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:27 pm

I just ordered more BRT's and a DK, thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:44 pm

andreduarte wrote:
I am looking for a brand with 32mm high kicks decks, does anybody know one?
OG
Yellowood maybe? or is that more of a medium
Flatface decks are kind of on the high side too
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Smooth and Evolve have the highest kicks of any 32mm deck we've used. Can post some side shots if useful alongside BW or whatever as reference?
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:57 am

Why cant I login to servimg.com??????????

made a new password.. still says incorrect email or password..  scratch 
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
kingsalami
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kingsalami

Companies : sloth boardrails (rip)
Setup : woob
brutal
wc

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:01 am

kingsalami wrote:
What sealer/clearcoat do I use for a crete park? Any tips on making a crete park?  happy 

bump  alien 
Back to top Go down
http://slothboardrails.bigcartel.com/
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:58 am

Guys, I know this has probably been asked loads before, and I've already ordered a new set of BRT's but I'm just curious whether it'd be worth getting a set of Ys as well?

I want 3 nice completes, but I really wanted to know if there would be a big difference using Y Trucks or just using my Indy wides and get some Witchcraft bushings for them instead of spending another £30 odd on more gear?

Anyone have Indy wides and Y's who can give me a good comparison?

I'm sorted for wheels, getting some FF BRR edition wheels and I'm ordering another pair shortly too, I'm just wanting to know more about Y Trucks, they look nice and I always thought they look better than BRT's but since getting a set of those, I can use any of my other setups well at all, I dunno why but I struggle to do the tricks with those setups which I used to manage no problem, but since I got the YW deck I find it amazing to use, but my other setups are hopeless now, I really have to put loads of effort into pulling trucks off on them, but the YW makes grinds and even flips a whole lot easier.

I just don't know if it's worth order Y Trucks when I'll have 2 sets of BRT's and Indy Wides, so if someone could explain if they have any benefits that my current trucks don't have (except the kingpins that's obvious) that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Quick Questions J9VuKBZ

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:40 pm

They take dual bearing wheels which BRTs doesnt. They dont look like shit. They feel more well made to me than BRTs.
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:43 pm

I had 3 sets of y's and traded them all for brt's. The paint on them wears away very quickly, they are also extremely light.. which I actually dislike. This causes a lighter setup therefore giving you less control because your board will fly around a lot more rather then going where you want it to go. Also they work best with Dual Bearing wheels which cost a fortune over the long run. Also the kingpin nut system is just annoying to deal with.. annoying to change bushings with and take a while to remove the kingpin. Brts are the better way to go in my opinion because they are more reliable, spare parts are readily available, last longer, perform better and cheaper in the long run. But once again its all down to preference happy
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:16 pm

I have Y's now. I had a pair of 29mm BRTs way back. Didnt really like them, but I plan on trying out 32mm BRTs.
Honestly, If you have the money, getting a pair of Ys cant hurt you in any way. If you like BRTs more, sell the Ys.
I can really compare, but of course, its all preference.
Back to top Go down
JesseWormald
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JesseWormald

Setup : Woob rlx~
BRR
FFFBS

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:26 pm

I have a pair of BRT 32s and X4s, and I personally think ytrucks are waay better
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/goombamuffins
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:48 pm

A very subjective thing, truck selection, and I think you'll find polarised opinion is split pretty evenly between BRTs vs. Ytrucks. So while Ytrucks aren't my thing personally, the weight and out of the box bushing softness are undoubtedly part of the reason why a lot of folk prefer 'em to BRTs.

What I think you will find more consensus on is that both Ytrucks and BRTs offer a great experience, and as you already have Blackrivers, I'd suggest going with Ys is no bad thing... As I say, many people prefer em, and you won't know unless you try!
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks guys, Mikkel I never said Ys look shit mate, total opposite I was considering them long before I got my BRT's because I preferred how they looked, but found my current trucks going for £25 which I just couldn't turn down so grabbed them, and I stuck them on my Ambition which is pretty dead as far as pop goes and instantly noticed an improvement, then I got my YW and stuck them on there and was blown away.

I was quite used to trucks being fairly tight, but I got some FF Team bushings and tried them out and I'm really loving how loose they are, but they don't look like they'll be very durable, can't wait to get my package from Trent to try his bad boys out though, and because I ordered 2 sets and managed to get some spare cash I thought I'd just order another set of Super Silver BRT's to stick the bushings onto.

The main reason I was asking about Y Trucks is because of the way the baseplates slightly stick o it toward the nose and the tails, I thought maybe a set of Y Trucks on a YW would stop this.

Not that it affects the performance any, it works brilliantly, just little things like that annoy me, also how some of the screws are barely even threaded into the baseplates yet on some holes they've screwed right through, must be down to bad countersinks, but overall I'm impressed with it.

Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Quick Questions J9VuKBZ

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:52 pm

I was just comparing them to other trucks. In my opinion Y's are the only ones that look right. I can't stand the look of BRTs.
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySat May 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you.

I've never tried them but they were going to be the first set of decent trucks I bought until I found these BRT's cheap, I couldn't not buy them at that price, and I really love how they feel.

I'll maybe pickup a set next month just to try them.
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptySun May 18, 2014 5:36 pm

What's the size of veneer, which is being used to make decks? In milimeters. I'd like to make a few custom designs for a deck (for fun) in Photoshop/Illustrator.
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:35 am

TNP down?

^ scratch that they're back up again, was panicking as I want something off there today to finish my new deck off.

Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Guys/girls, I've been looking on FBS today and saw these bushings called O-Ringz Revolution, does anyone here use them, and how are they?

I have other bushings ordered anyway, but I was wondering about these ones.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:44 pm

yeah, i have o-ringz on some china-trucks. They are okay, can't say anything negative about it.
They don't fit on every truck, like bollies for example, because the kingpin is too short. Then u need a longer kingpin, like the FBS xKingPinz.
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:11 pm

Thanks man, I might just order some to try them out, they only have a drawn image of them so I haven't seen what they actually look like, but the image looked decent, gotta be better than using washers and ordinary o rings on China wides, or my TDLB Indy trucks.

The other bushings I've got ordered are for my BRTs, dunno how long they'll take to arrive here in the UK though, hopefully not too long.

Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:40 pm

Revolutions break really quickly and easily sad
Even the 'hard' ones are mad soft, not worth the money :/

If you want some loose bushings go for witchcrafts happy
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 9:58 pm

I've got 2 sets of WCs coming, I had to order directly from them as TNP had none left, I'm in the UK, so I'm hoping they don't take long.

I'm using FF team bushings and I like the real loose feeling but they are already starting to wear out, pretty much just the same way the o rings that came with the China wides I have tbh, the washers end up flattening them out.

The Teflon ones are holding up though but trucks are well tight, even with just the one washer.

I want my Witchcrafts. happy
Back to top Go down
Yisus Pablo
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Yisus Pablo

Companies : Lambda fingerboards

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:38 pm

How to clean Oak wheels? anyone knows? mine are dirty as shit
Quick Questions 10368240_10201263026778262_8095282554490734065_n
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:39 pm

I use alcohol pads, or those Clorox bleach free wipes.
But I can't be certain that blue will come off... Good luck doe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next