Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMicaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

Companies : Micaso
Setup : Blue 32mm Micaso "31"
TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  Empty
PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 5:29 am

Hello fellow fingerboarders  happy  I am here today to introduce you to my new fingerboard company: Micaso.
I offer inexpensive 3D printed decks that are completely customizable upon request.
Yes, I said completely customizable.  (In standard/possibly old school shapes only, within reason.)
I have spent countless hours mastering 3D CAD programs, and have had nearly 50 failed prototypes, so I have a good amount of experience with this.
All I need for dimensions is:
Wheelbase, Nose and Tail length, Width, Nose and Tail angles in degrees, and what kind of concave you would like.  
I can even engrave simple graphics/words into the decks if you want.
I can also make square decks for DIY bondo molds (suggested by a smart user).
I will send pictures of the model before I start making it so you know exactly what you are getting.
Currently I can only make decks in the following colors: Blue, Semi-transparent Yellow, and Semi-transparent purple. What color would you guys like to see?
I am not set on prices yet, I need some feedback on what would be fair.  
(And feedback in general)

Here is some samples of what I have done so far

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  100_1127_zpsb6511ad9

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  100_1131_zps4bfc0ca8

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  100_1129_zps4f2583c5

Thanks for looking  very happy
I will be posting new things on a regular basis, so please return  wink
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:47 am

Pretty cool stuff man. Im curious to see how they pop/feel for grinds and slides/ in general. Its cool how you can customize length, width, etc. Have you tested out putting grip on the decks. Screwing in trucks. Etc?
Back to top Go down
.eoJ
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
.eoJ

Setup : Bw wide low
Brts
ff turks brt
Witchcraft
Tape stuff

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:54 am

Looking forward to some new stuff! An idea to go with the square decks could be a normal shaped template to go with it. Like the same concave and kiks but actually the size of the deck you want to produce. Could be cool.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:02 am

this is cool, if the price is low then id be tempted to grab one, its cool having been able to totally customise the size and shape, i think id pay about £7 for one at the most  wink 

solid white decks could be fun! i could do some amazing sharpie art lol
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 1:02 pm

.eoJ wrote:
Looking forward to some new stuff! An idea to go with the square decks could be a normal shaped template to go with it. Like the same concave and kiks but actually the size of the deck you want to produce. Could be cool.

Yeah, that's what I'm working on with him. He's making me a square deck, and a normal one. Gonna use the normal one as a template, and maybe even set it up too haha. So nice because you can make an inexpensive mold to the exact dimensions you want! Props to Micaso for making this company!
Back to top Go down
»queen™«
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
»queen™«

Companies : Queen's
Setup : Queen's multiply - Brt's wide - Oak RV Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Keep going man! You're doing a good job! happy
Back to top Go down
http://queensdecks.jimdo.com/
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

Setup : cozy with cool guy wheels and trucks

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 7:56 pm

i was waiting for someone to come up with an idea like this. i feel like it definitely has a lot of promise
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 8:22 pm

sounds very interesting.
dumb question, are those plastic decks when u create them in a 3d printer?
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Yeah I have a few set up right now with foam tape and the pop is pretty great, although I haven't had much experience with wooden decks to compare pop.  Honestly when putting on the trucks it is a bit of a stretch, so I would recommend using longer screws.  As long as you screw them in a little at a time while alternating screws the trucks hold on fine.  I've accidentally dropped mine down a wooden flight of stairs a few times and it held up lol.  They slide good too, since the bottom is sort of glassy.  I tested the "slideability" on my metal rails.

And yes, these are plastic decks.  There is ways to print in other materials like stone, metal, wood, and I think clay.  I think the only other material that is compatable with my printer would be wood based material, but it is expensive and i'm not sure if i am going to it out.

Thanks for the feedback everyone happy

Last edited by Micaso on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 am

This is what a yellow semi-transparent one looks like set up.  The black grip tape sorta makes it look weird on the bottom but I like it.  I was thinking maybe I could put a white sticker on the top before putting on grip to have a better color.

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  100_1132_zps5d4cf252
Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  100_1133_zps52378ee1
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am

oh man I need one of these as a template for my holes when I'm drilling my decks. I'm definitely gonna buy a few of these. very happy
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:31 am

i may pick up a cruiser for fun once some people start buying
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 2:57 pm

milk wrote:
oh man I need one of these as a template for my holes when I'm drilling my decks. I'm definitely gonna buy a few of these. very happy
I don't think they'd hold up well? Just a guess though as I've never worked with this material. Definitely interesting that's for sure. Excited to see more!
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 3:11 pm

This plastic is pretty strong, a lot stronger than the average tech deck. But I'm sure it will hold up. Would you be drilling thrrough the actual deck or just using it to mark the holes?

On a different note- Does anyone have any ideas for a wacky board design? I've been thinking of making a unique shaped old school board like maybe a hand or something.
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Schmitt Stix Ripsaw is a pretty unique shape man, old school deck.

http://socalskateshop.com/images/products/thumb_4456_Schmitt_Stix_Rip_Saw_Natural_BottomTN.jpg
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Micaso wrote:
This plastic is pretty strong, a lot stronger than the average tech deck.  But I'm sure it will hold up.  Would you be drilling thrrough the actual deck or just using it to mark the holes?

On a different note-  Does anyone have any ideas for a wacky board design?  I've been thinking of making a unique shaped old school board like maybe a hand or something.  

I'll just be using it to mark holes
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:49 pm

These looks really interesting, I've worked with 3D printers at college and the strength of stuff has been pretty good from what I've worked with.

Can't wait to see things develop happy
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 3:30 am

Ryan wrote:
milk wrote:
I don't think they'd hold up well? Just a guess though as I've never worked with this material. Definitely interesting that's for sure. Excited to see more!
I used tech decks way back when to drill my holes. It made accurate holes for about 20-30 decks before it wore out.
Back to top Go down
K-A12
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
K-A12

Companies : 1-UP Fingerboards
Setup : 1-UP 33.5mm
Brts wide silver
Flatface clear blem z wheels with one brr edition gold
Wc bushings teal

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 am

So sick!! New something like this would come up one day
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I was on vacation.  Here is a unique shaped old school prototype! It is a hand of Hamsa.  What do you guys think? I can add concave and a nose to it, I just need some feedback to see if I should keep working at it.

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  100_1142_zps82bfa00d

I didn't sand/coat it because i didn't feel like spending that time before I got feedback
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 pm

looks sick man, that's definetely ... different  very happy 
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Ha thank you, that was my goal. To explore different and cool new shapes of decks. If anyone has ideas for future designs feel free to post happy
Back to top Go down
»queen™«
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
»queen™«

Companies : Queen's
Setup : Queen's multiply - Brt's wide - Oak RV Rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Damn man! They get better day by day! happy
Back to top Go down
http://queensdecks.jimdo.com/
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:30 am

You know the Santa Cruz footboards? It'll be awesome if you made 30-34 mm ones since the TD ones are a bit small.
Back to top Go down
Micaso
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Micaso

TDLB w/ black baseplates
Black CNC Lathe
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 4:39 pm

I will definitely try and make one of those santa cruz footboards!
So 30mm near the tail and 34mm near the toes or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks    Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks  Empty

Back to top Go down

Micaso 3D Printed Custom Decks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next