Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNew Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
filmdatish
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
filmdatish

New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding Empty
PostSubject: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 pm

I have been Fingerboarding for about 4 years now and a couple months back i decided to start working on a new company and team.  Tv Tape Fingerboarding.

Tv Tape is a tape company but it isnt just plain old tape. (see pictures)
I would like to get fellow fingerboarder feedback and if you would like to buy some you can at:
tvtapefingerboarding.bigcartel.com
for more info on the company you can watch the youtube video below:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLiFXvIM3kI
New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding Image13
sorry about the sideways image
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SDfingerboarding
Steeze
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Steeze

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 pm

I like the vx you put on the grip. I'm assuming this is just China tape with your logo on it?
Back to top Go down
filmdatish
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
filmdatish

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Steeze wrote:
I like the vx you put on the grip. I'm assuming this is just China tape with your logo on it?
I didnt buy the tape from china but it might be close to the same material
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/SDfingerboarding
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 pm

The VX tape is very cool!
Loving the stencil spray idea, it looks rad.
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 12:21 am

its the exact opposite of what i made lol i did grip with a white vx
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:12 am

thatfingaboardguy119 wrote:
its the exact opposite of what i made lol i did grip with a white vx
Yeah. And David Simpson did vx grip too.
And 4Corner even did that "deco" tape.
This isn't that original  awkward Maybe coming up with some other stencils would be cool happy
Back to top Go down
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:29 am

It's a stencil, i agree it's kinda bad timing after jim made some within the last week, but then again, did you get mad at people who used skate grip and board rails on their cowply after john started doing it? This is what I hate now in the fb world. People complaining over stupid shit. Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
Roxas
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Roxas

Setup : Prete 6009 31mm
Brr trucks regs with brt black bushings
Flatface Brr edition Green and black wheels
Foamy greatness

Awwwww yeah~

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 am

JACKSON. wrote:
It's a stencil, i agree it's kinda bad timing after jim made some within the last week, but then again, did you get mad at people who used skate grip and board rails on their cowply after john started doing it? This is what I hate now in the fb world. People complaining over stupid shit. Just my two cents
My thoughts exactly. Just fingerboard, and enjoy the ride. It will be over before you know it. :')
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 am

JACKSON. wrote:
I think you took this a little too far.
For one, lots of people DO get mad at people for using skate grip and board rails on their cow plies after John started doing it. In fact, many people don't like when people do that because it shows no individuality, and a bunch of kids trying to be like John C. Also, none of those kids are trying to make money off of it. This guy is.
Second. We aren't complaining, we are just saying that it's very repetitive and we've seen it done before. Would you rather me patronize him and say "Oh I've never seen this before! This is revolutionary!"
EDIT: Sorry if I sound like a dick, I just reread what I wrote, and I sounded mad haha
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:36 am

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:
For one, lots of people DO get mad at people for using skate grip and board rails on their cow plies after John started doing it. In fact, many people don't like when people do that because it shows no individuality, and a bunch of kids trying to be like John C. Also, none of those kids are trying to make money off of it. This guy is.
Second. We aren't complaining, we are just saying that it's very repetitive and we've seen it done before. Would you rather me patronize him and say "Oh I've never seen this before! This is revolutionary!"
EDIT: Sorry if I sound like a dick, I just reread what I wrote, and I sounded mad haha

yes
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 am

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

I say do whatever the fuck you want.. Skate grip on cowply's or any deck for that matter is super fun and more of a challenge to use. People do certain things because they like the way it looks, its like anything. You could complain someone using brts isn't original because so many people use them and it'd be the same thing. Let people do what they want. If they like how skategrip looks let them use skategrip. People saying "oh, you're following that trend" and "be original" only make them feel down on themselves. Just let people be.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 am

Eric_Best wrote:
WantSomeSlaw wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

I say do whatever the fuck you want.. Skate grip on cowply's or any deck for that matter is super fun and more of a challenge to use. People do certain things because they like the way it looks, its like anything. You could complain someone using brts isn't original because so many people use them and it'd be the same thing. Let people do what they want. If they like how skategrip looks let them use skategrip. People saying "oh, you're following that trend" and "be original" only make them feel down on themselves. Just let people be.
I'm not hating on those people, I'm just acknowledging that there are people who hate on people who do that cowply grip thing.
Back to top Go down
BunavaSitch
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BunavaSitch

Setup : bagel
mustard
cheese
slothpenis

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:42 am

Trent Witcher wrote:
WantSomeSlaw wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

yes

yes
Back to top Go down
Gabe fingerboarding
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Gabe fingerboarding

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:43 am

why was cowply grip trend even brought up lol doesnt have to do anything with this
Back to top Go down
Hector_riv1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Hector_riv1

Setup : dank dek
brt
ff x wink weels

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:51 am

Gabe fingerboarding wrote:
why was cowply grip trend even brought up lol doesnt have to do anything with this
I think it goes along with the vx grip trend and people extended it to a whole different trend XD
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 am

Okay, I don't wanna hijack this thread anymore.
So filmdatish, here's my advice. Come up with an idea that people haven't seen before. Why should I buy your tape instead of anybody else's? Develop an idea that will make you stand out.
For example, I would think it's cool to see graffiti on grip tape. Or maybe some really cool designs.
That's my advice dude, good luck happy
Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:48 am

I like the idea. I like the vibe of the stenciled grip, and I think with a few more designs this could be pretty cool. Most importantly however, is how the tape feels. Especially if the spraypaint, or whatever you use affects the feel too. Otherwise you've got my full support!
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:39 am

i wasnt mad at him or anything i was just saying
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding   New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding Empty

Back to top Go down

New Company: Tv Tape Fingerboarding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1