Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalConcrete Parking Block Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Concrete Parking Block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

Concrete Parking Block Empty
PostSubject: Concrete Parking Block   Concrete Parking Block EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Basically I'd like to make something like this. I've literally no idea how to make a mold. I have no experience in making concrete spots at all. :/ Any suggestions? happy

Concrete Parking Block 10543613_652346228206815_4533732870895142972_n
Concrete Parking Block 14927256026_ac5569d939_o
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

Concrete Parking Block Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concrete Parking Block   Concrete Parking Block EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 pm

As this is small scale there are basicly three ways I would recommend depending on what your resources are..

First prototype a shape with all the right dimentions. I like shaping them by hand out of MDF or styrofoam/fiberglass then sanding and filler primer. If needed I would use a bit of body filler to smooth out potential mistakes between sanding and filler primer build up. But this is only if the shape is giving you a hard time. Now go to step 1 or 2..

1. Then you need to make a silicone mold by boxing in the premade prototyped shape and pouring two part silicone. Wait for it to fully set. Then pour crete in the mold, add a strip of steel mesh and wait for it to cure.

2. Lexan can be used as a mold by heating the lexan and using a vaccum box to shape the lexan to the premade prototyped shape. Then pour crete in the mold, add a strip of steel mesh and wait for it to cure.

Third option is skipping the prototyped shape all together and just make a simple wooden box mold so that the inside dimensions of the mold will result in the desired shape with the right angles and what not. Then pour crete in the mold, add a strip of steel mesh and wait for it to cure.

Good luck and have fun! pirat
Back to top Go down

Concrete Parking Block

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1