HomePortalRules + New Members FAQRegisterLog in

Share | .
 

 Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3358
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 22
Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:48 am

@BlackFingers wrote:
@Filip Bronola wrote:
Sorry man but i haven't realized anything bad yet with the shape (I spend up to an hour shaping some decks to make sure I get all of the flaws out after the rough shape with 180 grit and 320 grit sandpaper) neither has Q4Quack and we will have to see what Tom thinks. Also yea I realize what you mean with some of the plies but everything cannot always be perfect in the start also considering that i do not have lots of money for really expensive dyes such as trans tint. Last but not least I've had graphics prepared for a while that are NOT paper graphics so I'm not starting to be exact with them. But hey, thanks for the feedback, I'm not trying to come back in a negative way but that's all I wanted to say to clear things up a bit. Also, sometimes the picture will make the decks look shaped uneven especially the decks on the sides.

Don't worry  mate about what Mikkel says, he tries to put down every new fingerboard company out there. He doesn't put in any positive feedback, it always has to be negative when it comes to him. Then again, he bans people for just speaking the truth and their honest opinion about him, because he obviously cannot face the truth wink

~ On topic, these decks look ace. I'd say let them sit in the dye a bit more, so they get more color and they would look more vibrant. You could mix some colors as well, to do a "Tie dye" effect, which is rad. And I love the shape of these as well!
I don't know you seem to be pretty negative yourself...like to the point you need to edit your posts cause you overreact way to much. What mikkel said in this thread is called feedback not being negative. Being negative would be saying his decks suck or somethin else rude like that.

Edit: dude you pretty much suggested what mikkel did? You clearly just wanted to take a dig at him. You're the negative one imo.

_________________


Last edited by Ryan on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:55 am

Hold on this is confusing me im really not trying to be negative Ryan or were you not pointing that out to me. Really if anything negativity is what usually causes drastic improvements in companies so really i dont mind and i dont take mikkel's reply as a negative thing, really! wink Thanks for the suggestions guys, im not like mad at anyone or anything, what Ryan has told me has given me ideas for improvement, and yet again, like i said i just started selling decks, making them..... well ive made plenty decks in the past.

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Ryan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3358
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 22
Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 am

@Filip Bronola wrote:
Hold on this is confusing me im really not trying to be negative Ryan or were you not pointing that out to me. Really if anything negativity is what usually causes drastic improvements in companies so really i dont mind and i dont take mikkel's reply as a negative thing, really! wink Thanks for the suggestions guys, im not like mad at anyone or anything, what Ryan has told me has given me ideas for improvement, and yet again, like i said i just started selling decks, making them..... well ive made plenty decks in the past.
No! Sorry man I was talking to Blackfingers. Don't mean to spam your thread. I would have to agree that you should look into working on dying your veneer slightly better. I would suggest looking at food dyes as that's always done the trick for me. Just add a little bit of water to the food dye and you'll be good to go after a couple days of letting the veneer soak.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:04 am

Hehehe Ryan thats what im doing, i guess where you live the dye is more toxic and artificial than it is here LOL very happy because i have a fairly strong dye mix going on but il try other brands, dont worry about the dye though i will improve that eventually. hahahaha

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Ryan
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3358
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 22
Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:10 am

@Filip Bronola wrote:
Hehehe Ryan thats what im doing, i guess where you live the dye is more toxic and artificial than it is here LOL very happy because i have a fairly strong dye mix going on but il try other brands, dont worry about the dye though i will improve that eventually. hahahaha

Lol. Not every brand will work or have the same method for using it but it will work well once you find the right one. your dye is a lot better then when I started that's for sure. You could see the grain of the maple when I first started so at least you don't have that problem!

_________________
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:13 am

Alright thanks, now that the dye's cleared up lets not worry about that anymore haha

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Q4Quack
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2014-06-28
Age : 21
Location : California
Setup : Zink "Aircraft" Custom.
BRT Wides.
Witch Craft Light blues.
FF BBR Turquoise.
FBS.



PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:37 am

Just to chime in a little bit.
As an owner of a Spot Deck, id say i'm very happy with my board.
I came in looking for a deck with a shape that i don't have / is different.
As far as the dye, i think its perfect. Its light yet shows a nice deep reflection, is spot on for the described color.
I understand some folks don't like to see the wood grain? Yet i find that it adds another layer of awesomeness with color and pattern.
But to each there own. very happy
Be sure the check out the review for those who want a little more pictures.
Cant wait for those real wears!! cyclops
Great stuff Filip.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3747
Join date : 2011-09-20
Age : 27
Location : Denmark
Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 am

@BlackFingers wrote:
@Filip Bronola wrote:
Sorry man but i haven't realized anything bad yet with the shape (I spend up to an hour shaping some decks to make sure I get all of the flaws out after the rough shape with 180 grit and 320 grit sandpaper) neither has Q4Quack and we will have to see what Tom thinks. Also yea I realize what you mean with some of the plies but everything cannot always be perfect in the start also considering that i do not have lots of money for really expensive dyes such as trans tint. Last but not least I've had graphics prepared for a while that are NOT paper graphics so I'm not starting to be exact with them. But hey, thanks for the feedback, I'm not trying to come back in a negative way but that's all I wanted to say to clear things up a bit. Also, sometimes the picture will make the decks look shaped uneven especially the decks on the sides.

Don't worry  mate about what Mikkel says, he tries to put down every new fingerboard company out there. He doesn't put in any positive feedback, it always has to be negative when it comes to him. Then again, he bans people for just speaking the truth and their honest opinion about him, because he obviously cannot face the truth wink

~ On topic, these decks look ace. I'd say let them sit in the dye a bit more, so they get more color and they would look more vibrant. You could mix some colors as well, to do a "Tie dye" effect, which is rad. And I love the shape of these as well!

LOL.. What the fuck are you talking about?

I have never banned anyone for speaking the truth, and i don't ban anyone without clearing with other staff. And i have never banned anyone for saying there opinion about me, as i don't really care about your opinion. If you don't like how the forum works, then you can leave happy

As Ryan pointed out, i didn't say anything negative about the decks. The kid is wondering why he has only sold one deck, so i tell him what i would work at to make the decks more attractive. What exactly is your problem with that?

_________________

@Xi wrote:
maybe i just ride much tighter than other people and its just deformed

All the haters wanna be me
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:23 am

Lol ive sold two

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 17
Location : Under your bed.
Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:27 am

@Filip Bronola wrote:
Lol ive sold two
Man, I'm really not trying you put your company down. Nobody is! But it is undeniable that you do have some stuff to work on happy
Please take our advice, and you will only improve your products. Please don't misunderstand our suggestions as hate. We all want to see this company succeed, so we are giving you our honest opinions.
The decks don't look bad, but of course there are some things you can change. happy

_________________
Shit could be worse
http://www.youtube.com/user/WantSomeSlaw
Instagram: wantsomeslawfb
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 am

Hahahaha i dont know if this will get through or not but i think ive said 100 times that i understand, change will not come in one or two days considering that i am in double advanced classes in school which require lots of homework and studying! Lets just get that out of the way. happy

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2574
Join date : 2013-05-14
Age : 17
Location : Under your bed.
Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:34 am

@Filip Bronola wrote:
Hahahaha i dont know if this will get through or not but i think ive said 100 times that i understand, change will not come in one or two days considering that i am in double advanced classes in school which require lots of homework and studying! Lets just get that out of the way. happy
Well, awesome then. It's good you're taking our advice.
I think we need to see some more pictures, because I've only seen one, and I would really like to see some more.

_________________
Shit could be worse
http://www.youtube.com/user/WantSomeSlaw
Instagram: wantsomeslawfb
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:35 am

Of course happy

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:19 am

Hello guys after Spot Decks looking like a company that died after a few weeks, I have finally come up with something, and it is quite great in my opinion! A completely new shape and some simple split plies that look and feel fantastic! If you follow me on instagram (instagram.com/filip_bronola) I have one of these new shape decks setup with y's and flatfacexwinkler collabs, and it is simply awesome! very happy So with my approval i have put the decks up for sale for everyone to see. You can find pictures and more information on my website; however, here is a quick overview of the new shape: the kicks and concave are steeper and deeper, the kicks are wider, nose and tail are more distinguishable, much much better quality deck rounding, stronger lacquer and dye, and more equalized dips. Over all this shape is much more fun than the old flat type shape and has much more pop! To find out more on this EPIC new shape, and some pictures, check out the site @ spotdecks.bigcartel.com      THANK YOU! very happy

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Alright guys, would be nice if you could help me out by purchasing a deck, if you want more pictures, first look on the website and the about page,but if that's not enough just PM me happy , also if you want more interesting decks and split plies or graphics, buying one would help me buy more wood and materials. Thanks for looking, would be awesome if you could help me out and pick one up, or spread the word on Instagram by giving me a shoutout @filip_bronola !

spotdecks.bigcartel.com << that's the website.

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Dioginho
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 22
Location : Monterrey Mexico
Companies : Tecate
Setup : Berlinwood classic
TD wides
Winkler Wheels

Yellowood Z2 Spanish Flag
TD wides (fuck yea)
Winkler Wheels



PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:53 am

@Filip Bronola wrote:
Alright guys, would be nice if you could help me out by purchasing a deck, if you want more pictures, first look on the website and the about page,but if that's not enough just PM me happy , also if you want more interesting decks and split plies or graphics, buying one would help me buy more wood and materials. Thanks for looking, would be awesome if you could help me out and pick one up, or spread the word on Instagram by giving me a shoutout @filip_bronola !

spotdecks.bigcartel.com << that's the website.


could you please show more images of diferent angles? and in HQ confused tongue Btw where are the decks from?? and you ship worldwide?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 319
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 31
Location : Ohio
Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.




PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:45 pm

@Dioginho wrote:

could you please show more images of diferent angles? and in HQ confused tongue Btw where are the decks from?? and you ship worldwide?
What he said. I don't want to go find info on the decks just post it here for us to see. if I like what I see and the price is right ill give spot a shot.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 10427
Join date : 2009-07-13
Age : 21
Location : Leeds
Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:43 pm

The decks look pretty nice, but something I noticed on the stock description-

"Due to different prices of shipping, the higher quality of the decks, and the fact that I now make split plies, these decks are now going to cost more than the original $10."

Shipping is covered separately during checkout- surely it shouldn't contribute to the increase in price?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pornhub.com
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 339
Join date : 2014-07-21
Age : 16
Location : USA
Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard





PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Yep it does, shipping to different parts of the U.S. for example California is more expensive the New York because I live in South Carolina.

_________________


^CLICK ON THE BANNER ABOVE TO GO TO THE STORE ^ 

 Follow spotdecks on Instagram!

Quote :
i bet youre glad you didnt accidentally go all the way through for the counter sinks on this one! haha looks awesome Filip! -Joe Connelly
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 39
Location : ┌∩┐(¬_¬)┌∩┐
Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam


PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:29 pm

@Filip Bronola wrote:
Yep it does, shipping to different parts of the U.S. for example California is more expensive the New York because I live in South Carolina.

Not what Danny was saying....

Although we all realize that shipping costs vary depending on your location, this is added after the $17 deck purchase. Shipping will change the final cost of everything. However these shipping cost do not affect the production costs of the deck...

_________________


Life is full of "Give and take". Give thanks, and take nothing for granted.
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.... - Bob Marley


Instagram KapitalJay
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 319
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 31
Location : Ohio
Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.




PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:35 pm

@KapitalJ wrote:


Not what Danny was saying....

Although we all realize that shipping costs vary depending on your location, this is added after the $17 deck purchase. Shipping will change the final cost of everything. However these shipping cost do not affect the production costs of the deck...
exactly

it would make since if it was 17 shipped or 17+shipping. shipping should not effect the price of the deck before checkout/shipping is factored in.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1645
Join date : 2012-10-09
Age : 38
Location : Rehab
Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:31 pm


Being under 25 bucks with or without shipping these decks looks to be well worth anyones support to give them a try no matter what the item description on the website displays to be honest. Maybe rewrite some of it and make it short and sweet would be a good idea Filip..

_________________
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 39
Location : ┌∩┐(¬_¬)┌∩┐
Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam


PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm

@Bakko wrote:

Being under 25 bucks with or without shipping these decks looks to be well worth anyones support to give them a try no matter what the item description on the website displays to be honest. Maybe rewrite some of it and make it short and sweet would be a good idea Filip..

I agree.... the decks look super clean, and great price...

_________________


Life is full of "Give and take". Give thanks, and take nothing for granted.
Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.... - Bob Marley


Instagram KapitalJay
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 319
Join date : 2013-08-03
Age : 31
Location : Ohio
Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.




PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 pm

I am planning on buying one as long as he can post up with some more pics. the price is worth a shot and I never had a split ply.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2011-05-08
Age : 24
Location : jupiter
Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:29 pm

I think Danny meant that the shipping prices are determined by Big Cartel by the end of a purchase and aren't needed to be factored in to the product's cost.

Example:

The shipping on a $10 deck to NY would be the same for shipping on a $17 deck to NY.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

_________________

YouTube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!   

Back to top Go down
 

Spot Decks! New Shape, New Stock, Even More Decks Coming!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Companies / Company Updates-