Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhy do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why do people think only certain companies are worthy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard

why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 12:38 am

Yea, no one notices my decks, and I personally think this new deck batch I made is quite awesome, ahh yes it is nice to see companys bloom within a matter of days because of some Instagram posts and one hundred berlinwood, black river, yellowood, fingerboard, etc hashtags, but honestly I hate being ignored. Once you realize how hard deck making really is considering that for me it takes usually half of a day for a deck each, and then I sell them for low prices to attract some finger boarders, but no they just ignore it all because its not mainstream, it's not catfish bbq, it's not cowply, it's not weca, it's not bawse, it's simply a deck you make with love and care and time, one you get so frustrated over the slightest imperfection, one where you'll do anything to make it perfect, yet who cares right? No one but 2-3 people yourself and your family which says, good job, you really put way too much time in that, but you will say no, I don't think it was enough because I need to make the lacquer shinier, or the edges rounder etc... Yet still for some it's not enough, because it's not mainstream...... It took me a couple of weeks just to get the mold right, let alone the new shape. But, yea that's my minispeach, so maybe learn something from it about the small companies, that well, could just use a little help. happy
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
oldschoolfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : emanant select
oldschool wheels
dump trucks
FBS

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:52 am

i think its primarily because of the graphics there all trendy and it imitates companies in skateboarding like palace poler or bianca chandon i could make the worlds greatest fingerboard but if it had just natural wood sales would be ok, but if i put a crudely drawn middle finger or knockoff designer print my sales would drastically increase in the end its all marketing
Back to top Go down
jamescolleran
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:49 pm

I thought Cowply is currently popular because the decks have always boasted performance of a top-notch caliber. However, it is only recently that they are 'popular'. The company has been in the scene for years, has spent a considerable amount of time perfecting it's product, and it's reaping the success of hard labors. It's no accident that a senior fingerboard company is popular.
Back to top Go down
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:32 pm

what james said, and most bigger companies have bigger names in their teams and/or make something totally different in the current consumer market so that'll attract alot of attention to most.
basicly now it's alot of companies doing 34mm decks and welcome shaped decks, but maybe it'll go back to using 27mm old berlinwoods in over a year or maybe even a techdeck craze will happen again.
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

Companies : Unique Decks

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:35 pm

kiwi95 wrote:
while i agree with a few of everyone remakes , Alot of these companies are just treads and in a year from now everyone will say "whos are they" . Also note alot of people loose interest . or go off to college and then the company dies out. i cant personally vouch for most of these decks but a few of the "trending" decks are lacking a few things that i wont say because im not going to help them on obvious things.

Suspect -_____________-
Back to top Go down
http://uniquedecks.co
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:33 pm

kiwi95 wrote:
while i agree with a few of everyone remakes , Alot of these companies are just treads and in a year from now everyone will say "whos are they" . Also note alot of people loose interest . or go off to college and then the company dies out. i cant personally vouch for most of these decks but a few of the "trending" decks are lacking a few things that i wont say because im not going to help them on obvious things.

Lol as if your decks are perfect. Honestly I have not heard many good things about RedWolf besides Kerry and the people you sponsor. Your entire paragraph pretty much contradicts itself.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:12 am

why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 Popcorn5
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 am

Bakko wrote:

why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 Popcorn5
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
Praibis
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Praibis

Setup : Tech deck

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:29 pm

I have owned like 20 different decks, and I gotta say that Primitive and G14 are the best decks ever cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/praibis
Denied
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Denied

Setup : Woob cozy
Brt's
FF G4's
Chubz bushings

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:07 pm

This thread.. smh
Back to top Go down
mauro cantuni
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:02 am

you cant fingerboard if you dont have bw brt ff what are u talking about?
Back to top Go down
Dioginho
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dioginho

Companies : Tecate
Setup : Berlinwood classic
TD wides
Winkler Wheels

Yellowood Z2 Spanish Flag
TD wides
Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:59 am

mauro cantuni wrote:
you cant fingerboard if you dont have bw brt ff what are u talking about?

I actually love bw sad
Back to top Go down
kingsalami
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kingsalami

Companies : sloth boardrails (rip)
Setup : woob
brutal
wc

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 am

Jared wrote:
kiwi95 wrote:

Lol as if your decks are perfect. Honestly I have not heard many good things about RedWolf besides Kerry and the people you sponsor. Your entire paragraph pretty much contradicts itself.
Back to top Go down
http://slothboardrails.bigcartel.com/
chris trang
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 am

wow i never even heard of these companies. shows how old i am lmao. back when i fingerboarded (which wasnt even that long ago)

it was all berlin wood, homewood, prete, absolute, flatface, yellowood.

wtf kind of names are bawse and woob lol
Back to top Go down
Dioginho
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dioginho

Companies : Tecate
Setup : Berlinwood classic
TD wides
Winkler Wheels

Yellowood Z2 Spanish Flag
TD wides
Winkler Wheels

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:22 am

if you aint talking berlinwood i dont wanna talk (cool
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 am

chris trang wrote:
wow i never even heard of these companies. shows how old i am lmao. back when i fingerboarded (which wasnt even that long ago)

I'm still getting used to it. I've been back for around 5 months and saw how dead FFI was and then i came here. So many new companies and everything is on instagram now too. i miss the old ff. days.
-Jack M
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:17 pm

I will be getting a cnc mold, but because of all this hipster shit I wont even think about making a company.
No hate to companies like Catfish tho, he has epic graphics, but people only want certain brands because they have a "name".
I understand it because aye why should you try a new unknown deck, but yeah its hard for me to explain
Back to top Go down
chris trang
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:27 am

meekin wrote:
chris trang wrote:

I'm still getting used to it. I've been back for around 5 months and saw how dead FFI was and then i came here. So many new companies and everything is on instagram now too. i miss the old ff. days.
-Jack M

seriously why is FFI dead. i remember how fucking cool i thought i was when i fucking got into FFI.

that shit was like my life when i was a little boy
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:30 am

chris trang wrote:
meekin wrote:
chris trang wrote:

-Jack M

seriously why is FFI dead. i remember how fucking cool i thought i was when i fucking got into FFI.

that shit was like my life when i was a little boy

im just guessing.. but I think if FFI had a chatbox it would be more popular

but I have no fucking idea.. its like when everyone switched from myspace to facebook.. lots of factors I guess.. and now its dead.. closing registration was a bad idea lol.. among other factors

if you feel me drunken
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:05 am

Romanticizing the past is fun. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why do people think only certain companies are worthy?   why do people think only certain companies are worthy? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

why do people think only certain companies are worthy?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2