Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalp-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:18 pm

45 bucks.........dang, thats steep! shocked
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Yeah dude. that wasn't the price when I bought it but that's what I seen on there site
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Couch982 wrote:
its fingerboards... any one can make this stuff.

anyone can try to make a fingerboard. and even sell it, because some IG kids buy every piece of crap. But that doesn't mean anyone can make a fingerboard. u know what i mean?
I own 'a few' decks now and there are huge differences.
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:06 pm

kThumb wrote:

anyone can try to make a fingerboard. and even sell it, because some IG kids buy every piece of crap. But that doesn't mean anyone can make a fingerboard. u know what i mean?
I own 'a few' decks now and there are huge differences.

Yeah I know hwat your sayin. your right.. there are lots of knowledge need to make it right.

I guess what I mean when I say anyone is... if you sit down and figure it out....well. its not like you have to land it on mars. ya know.
Back to top Go down
marygoround333
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Roswell deck, roswell trucks, witchcraft bushings, homewood shop wheels.

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 9:14 pm

Oh okay! I understand now. It never occurred to me that p-rep was mass produced! I thought they were made just the same as everyone else's, but I guess I should have seen that coming. I mean...how else would they be providing them so cheap with a stock that never seems to sell out? Anyway...thank you for the help everyone! I think I'll give it a few weeks and then upgrade the board and then go from there. I wish I could just go all out all at the same time, but I just can't afford it yet unfortunately. I think I'm going to hold out for a beastpants board still, but I don't know. That flatface G14 some of you have mentioned looks pretty nice too. Maybe I'll get both just to try them out.
ONE LAST QUESTION!
The indy trucks that come on the tech deck long boards...I've heard it's not on every long board. Does anyone know exactly which one I need to buy to get those trucks? I don't live near a toys r us so I'm going to have to order online.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 9:37 pm

This is one of them. Click image for large version..

p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 91YrZnjsIsL._SL1500_

You can tell the the difference on the baseplates that are completly square and will have white pivotcups as well as white bushings. Can be found on ebay from time to time or amazon or with a little luck second hand. Might be getting hard to find these in local toystores or what have you these days..

Link to a couple different ones on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Deck-Longboard-Screaming-Fingerboard/dp/B008CXUE5S
http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Deck-Longboard-Santa-Fingerboard/dp/B00AOXWCVS
http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Deck-Longboard-BLACK-Fingerboard/dp/B008CPBJNM
http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Deck-Longboard-SKELETON-Fingerboard/dp/B008CXUZXO
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 pm

i would go with a berlinwood.. can't go wrong
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 am

yeah notice the black grip tape behind the board in bakko's pic... thats how i know if its the right one or not when loooking on ebay. last time i was on ebay before Christmas i bought all the one on there. surly more have gone up by now.

meekin wrote:
i would go with a berlinwood.. can't go wrong

i with in the last month bought a yellowood and love it. i really want to try BW deck really soon
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:14 am

yellows are great too! BW has always been my fav simply because every single one i have had, performs amazing
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 8:13 am

Yeah, berlinwood would be a good choice if you think there is a chance you might loose interest. There is a good chance to get hold of one second hand at a fair price If you want to save some cash. Then if you find yourself loosing that interest, or want to upgrade, you can simply resell the bw and get rid of it pretty fast.

But if what you really desire is a Beastpants and can get hold of a "feral" mold version Im pretty sure youd love that too!
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:36 pm

marygoround333 wrote:
Oh okay! I understand now.  It never occurred to me that p-rep was mass produced! I thought they were made just the same as everyone else's, but I guess I should have seen that coming.  I mean...how else would they be providing them so cheap with a stock that never seems to sell out?  Anyway...thank you for the help everyone! I think I'll give it a few weeks and then upgrade the board and then go from there.  I wish I could just go all out all at the same time, but I just can't afford it yet unfortunately.  I think I'm going to hold out for a beastpants board still, but I don't know.  That flatface G14 some of you have mentioned looks pretty nice too.  Maybe I'll get both just to try them out.  
ONE LAST QUESTION!
The indy trucks that come on the tech deck long boards...I've heard it's not on every long board.   Does anyone know exactly which one I need to buy to get those trucks?  I don't live near a toys r us so I'm going to have to order online.  

The problem is, a new Beastpants stock sells out in seconds and you need luck to get one. So i wouldn't focus on that, do avoid disappointment. But if you can get one, grab it and don't give it away again wink

Regarding TDLBs: They're great if you get them for cheap. The items Bakko posted are $20-25, that's way too expensive imho. Then i'd spend only $5 more and get professional trucks (Ytrucks X4 raws).
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:40 pm

kThumb wrote:

Regarding TDLBs: They're great if you get them for cheap. The items Bakko posted are $20-25, that's way too expensive imho. Then i'd spend only $5 more and get professional trucks (Ytrucks X4 raws).

I bought two TDLB before Christmas for 14 each.
the X4 raws are nice but with shipping it cost me more like 45 50ish.
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm

I got 4 pairs of TDLBs before Chrismas for 41$ shipped... but not the Indy's
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:57 pm

KapitalJ wrote:
I got 4 pairs of TDLBs before Chrismas for 41$ shipped... but not the Indy's

I got 3 sets of indys and 1 set not. I learned that they had a set of normal king pins that were not indys on my second set ordered haha oops
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:01 pm

yea... crappy part about mine was the kingpins stuck out the bottom not flush.... so i swap out the baseplate with old tech deck plates...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.   p-rep pros and cons?  Help a newbie out. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

p-rep pros and cons? Help a newbie out.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2