Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCompanies that actually make their trucks? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Companies that actually make their trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goztra
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies that actually make their trucks? Empty
PostSubject: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:49 pm

is brr and yellowood the only people that actually make their trucks from scratch? it seems like other companies just buy china wides and resell them or get tdlb trucks reshape them,and then sell them.Or they get china wides and put longer axles on them and call them 32mm lol.Are there any other companies that make their trucks?im pretty sure woody wood fvcker trucks were made from scratch also and they looked nice as hell,but i think they are done making them though.Someone correct me that last statement.
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:06 pm

I think yes. ^^ Making trucks is a lot more difficult than making decks or wheels. U r right about Woodywood. Maybe Planktoon RB-Z are made from scratch as well, but I'm not 100% sure. Planktoon Rebirth One Trucks are reshaped though.
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Goztra
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:16 pm

jacobdonut wrote:
I think yes. ^^ Making trucks is a lot more difficult than making decks or wheels. U r right about Woodywood. Maybe Planktoon RB-Z are made from scratch as well, but I'm not 100% sure. Planktoon Rebirth One Trucks are reshaped though.

I am surprised Nfbmold hasn't jumped onto the truck game yet.They seem to have the right equipment to make them and all their molds and their Aluminium deck are extremely high quality.i personally dont see it being a bad idea
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:25 pm

And then - "trucks boom". Everyone would try to make the same thing. happy Jk - it's not so easy I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Planktoon RB-Z aren't made from scratch. Apparently the Woodywood trucks weren't either.
Back to top Go down
Mallory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Mallory

Companies : Unique Decks

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:50 am

woodywood fvcker is still around but with a different owner
Back to top Go down
http://uniquedecks.co
Goztra
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 6:09 am

Mallory wrote:
woodywood fvcker is still around but with a different owner

where can i find them?
Back to top Go down
TehBlazer
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TehBlazer

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Does anyone remember JKR&DCC? I don't know if those trucks are still around but they had some mad designs!
Companies that actually make their trucks? P07061019070001
Companies that actually make their trucks? Wd32
Companies that actually make their trucks? Lastalb
Companies that actually make their trucks? Fyb

Most of them are obviously shaped china trucks but some of them it is hard to tell

edit: http://jkr-dcc.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Ytrucks X5? lmao   Suspect   affraid  bahaha
Companies that actually make their trucks? Fyb
Back to top Go down
mauro cantuni
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 pm

those are shaped wides tho, but Jkite (owner of jkr&dcc) had a really good bushing system and everything
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 pm

He also made a replica set of Venture trucks complete with the right paint job.
Back to top Go down
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

Setup : cozy with cool guy wheels and trucks

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 4:42 am

those trucks look fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
razpotnik
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
razpotnik

Setup : fuzion
china trucks
china wheels

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:21 pm

that trucks thoo
Back to top Go down
Salty Fingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Salty Fingers

Setup : Evangelion Rei deck (bawsewood)
Rip Tape
BRT's
FlatFace G4 wheels

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 11:58 pm

where can you buy woodywoodfvckers
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:07 am

Havent seen any updates since like November 2014, but here you have a link to the facebook page..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/UNDEADFingerboard
Back to top Go down
charliebuzzard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Homewood Smokestack 32mm New mold Mid, ytrucks x4's, Homewood Shop Wheels, Teak 2.0 Tuning.

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 am

Those are the best shaped trucks I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Salty Fingers wrote:
where can you buy woodywoodfvckers

They are now called Undead Fvcker Trucks and I do not believe they sell them online. I have seen a few Instagram/Facebook posts that indicate they are sold from a local shop in Indonesia. I know a few people got them through trades.
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

Companies : Homewood Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood New Mold
New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm pretty sure no one has the capacity to make their own trucks in house. It's a tremendous cost and expense and you would need a massively large warehouse/foundry specifically for trucks alone because of the process it takes to make them.  I don't know 100% who makes their own trucks, but I'm fairly certain no one has the ability to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.homewoodfb.com
Salty Fingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Salty Fingers

Setup : Evangelion Rei deck (bawsewood)
Rip Tape
BRT's
FlatFace G4 wheels

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:03 pm

On the undead fvcker page they show pics of them making their own trucks, they have all that fancy gear, im pretty sure yellow wood makes their y trucks a simular way, same with black river
Back to top Go down
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

Companies : Homewood Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood New Mold
New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 2:58 am

Yeah I guess they could, I don't know for sure if that was them taking their own photo or if it was a photo from their manufacturer. But either way, it clearly looks like their own design and that's good enough for me! happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.homewoodfb.com
JoshToy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JoshToy

Setup : Cali Fingers Deck, foam tape, Blackriver Trucks, Joycult Wheels, Cali Cushions Bushings

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 pm

TehBlazer wrote:
Does anyone remember JKR&DCC? I don't know if those trucks are still around but they had some mad designs!
Most of them are obviously shaped china trucks but some of them it is hard to tell
MAAAAAAAD Dremel skills, hahaha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/joshtoy
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:43 pm

JRskatr wrote:
I'm pretty sure no one has the capacity to make their own trucks in house. It's a tremendous cost and expense and you would need a massively large warehouse/foundry specifically for trucks alone because of the process it takes to make them.  I don't know 100% who makes their own trucks, but I'm fairly certain no one has the ability to do that.
What's the process that would require a warehouse? I'm legitimately asking I have no knowledge of the process.
Back to top Go down
JoshToy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JoshToy

Setup : Cali Fingers Deck, foam tape, Blackriver Trucks, Joycult Wheels, Cali Cushions Bushings

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Ryan wrote:
JRskatr wrote:
What's the process that would require a warehouse? I'm legitimately asking I have no knowledge of the process.
Well, CNC trucks would be insanely expensive, so the only good option is diecasting. Which to my knowledge is still how BRR and Y Trucks are made. But the molds are not cheap, and depending on the manufacturer they may offer the trucks to other people to be rebranded. A lot like what happens with Tech Deck Trucks. The only way to truly make the trucks affordable is to manufacture in China. But quality can always be spotty, and getting samples becomes expensive as well. You also need to know every single minuet detail for the trucks. What metals to use, how deep you want threads onto the axles, how they're bonded to the hanger, the hole size for the kingpin, thicknesses on EVERYTHING. It's crazy what goes into manufacturing these tiny trucks. But really it goes with anything. You also have to kind of manage QC with China manufacturers. Because they can get lazy and offer your design in a cheaper/weaker material, rendering the whole batch useless. I know this mainly because of how some brands in scootering have had to go through it, and I help design products for some of my sponsors. Also, I was right there with Jesus when he started Public Trucks back in the day. I did his websites, so he hooked me up with product as payment. This was when he was the US Distributor for BRR also, before Mike took over at a higher capacity.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:55 pm

JoshToy wrote:
Ryan wrote:
JRskatr wrote:
Well, CNC trucks would be insanely expensive, so the only good option is diecasting. Which to my knowledge is still how BRR and Y Trucks are made. But the molds are not cheap, and depending on the manufacturer they may offer the trucks to other people to be rebranded. A lot like what happens with Tech Deck Trucks. The only way to truly make the trucks affordable is to manufacture in China. But quality can always be spotty, and getting samples becomes expensive as well. You also need to know every single minuet detail for the trucks. What metals to use, how deep you want threads onto the axles, how they're bonded to the hanger, the hole size for the kingpin, thicknesses on EVERYTHING. It's crazy what goes into manufacturing these tiny trucks. But really it goes with anything. You also have to kind of manage QC with China manufacturers. Because they can get lazy and offer your design in a cheaper/weaker material, rendering the whole batch useless. I know this mainly because of how some brands in scootering have had to go through it, and I help design products for some of my sponsors. Also, I was right there with Jesus when he started Public Trucks back in the day. I did his websites, so he hooked me up with product as payment. This was when he was the US Distributor for BRR also, before Mike took over at a higher capacity.
Yeah diecasting came to mind as well. I've been wanting to try give it a try but could only do the hangar most likely. Would be a fun project that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
JoshToy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JoshToy

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 12:03 am

If you design a hanger, I'm sure you can work with a China manufacturer to make some tweaks to baseplates to make it your own. I would just make an agreement with the manufacturer only giving you rights to the molds, so they don't offer to other people, or to sell for themselves. Jesus did this with Public, but truck designs were simplistic back then, basically just a cleaner Tech Deck Truck with a better material metal and single axle, they grinded a lot smoother. I had a handful of sets. Only had issues with the threads blowing out on the axles a couple times, had to JB Weld the nuts on, hahaha. But everything else worked great. He even added a bushing that was inserted into the baseplant and acted as a pivot cup. Even the bushings were pretty decent, they were a lot like o-ringz revolutions. Not just a standard rubber seal o-ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Companies that actually make their trucks?   Companies that actually make their trucks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Companies that actually make their trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1