Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalCan anyone help me with making a new mold  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can anyone help me with making a new mold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard

Can anyone help me with making a new mold  Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:16 pm

I've seen all the topics on how to, I've tried everything and nothing works. I can't forkout two hundred bucks for cnc metal one.... I can't make any even molds, and have wasted too much time
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
woob
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
woob

Companies : woob
Setup : woob

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:19 pm

bummer
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zmwoob
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 7:13 pm

practice makes perfect is what they say
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Why not just save up for a quality mold?
Back to top Go down
Dave Romo
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dave Romo

Setup : Q Deck 33mm (Pearled)
fbs Tape
BRT wides
Witchcraft bushings
Oak RV2's

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:54 pm

^^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thrashersk8r
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Because my parents won't buy me one, I can't save up either because what am I gonna save up from hahaha, yea... Nope
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:03 pm

check out B/S/T, Mauro Cantuni is selling a NFB mold
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:58 pm

Won't settle for someone's shape.... I make my own haha yea....

Edit: do any of you know of other materials than bondo for a mold confused
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:07 am

wood if you are a master wood cutter or resin but i dont know how
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:11 am

U werelucky wita your bondo mold axel, minę broke.... .
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:40 am

Contact someon on here who 3D prints as it may be cheaper. Once you have a custom shape 3D printed you can just bondo that. Resin is stronger than bondo but also more expensive I believe.
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:42 am

True ^^^ but I think something amazing just happened, I found a mold half from the one I was working on, and I think I can shape this and use my left over bondo for the other half, wish me luck pls!!
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:18 am

Good luck dude happy

And if that doesn't work out, I had someone 3D print a square deck which I used as a template to make a bondo mold. Worked great!
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:15 pm

I'm done with fucking bondo, going to force my parents to buy me a metal mold asap, or maybe eighth grade graduation gift hehehe.... cool
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Filip Bronola wrote:
I'm done with fucking bondo, going to force my parents to buy me a metal mold asap, or maybe eighth grade graduation gift hehehe.... cool
No one needs any lawns cut or any other odd jobs done in your area?
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Probably not
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:51 pm

find a way to make some money man.. the sooner you start, the better off you'll be. Use your mind and do what you gotta do.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:08 pm

Filip Bronola wrote:
Probably not
I find that very hard to believe especially with summer around the corner but I won't high jack your thread lol.
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:56 pm

No srsly though @ryan
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:21 pm

If you are just going to have your parents fork out the cash for you then I wouldn't buy a deck from you for that very reason. Unless you plan on paying them back.
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:42 pm

Haha, I was kidding about fork out the cash :p lol, if they want to get me something or I might ask them and if they buy it for me grEat, if not, so be it and I'll keep trying other methods. No, I wouldn't fork out the cash from my parents, but somethings that are reasonable for their price they would buy me, plus, I don't buy thousds of dollars of junk that some kids do from their parents, and I always make sure to save money rather than waste it. It comes to points in time, when my parents say that they rarely buy me stuff etc... So they might as well buy me whatever it is, see what I'm saying. So yea, I'm not FORKING out cash from anyone, I keep grades high and tight, so hopefully you understand.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:02 am

Just save up enough cash to buy and NFB?
Maybe ask your parents to give you an allowance for a while instead of buying you one thing?
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:27 am

Filip Bronola wrote:
Haha, I was kidding about fork out the cash :p lol, if they want to get me something or I might ask them and if they buy it for me grEat, if not, so be it and I'll keep trying other methods. No, I wouldn't fork out the cash from my parents, but somethings that are reasonable for their price they would buy me, plus, I don't buy thousds of dollars of junk that some kids do from their parents, and I always make sure to save money rather than waste it. It comes to points in time, when my parents say that they rarely buy me stuff etc... So they might as well buy me whatever it is, see what I'm saying. So yea, I'm not FORKING out cash from anyone, I keep grades high and tight, so hopefully you understand.

Ahh I get it then. When you are younger and don't have parents that give you an allowance and you are like just a little too young to get a job the struggle is real. Good luck on trying to get a mold or making a new mold
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:33 am

Honestly, the money that you spend on constantly buying bondo will sooner or later equal out to how much an nfb mold costs. Bondo will break on you depending on how much you use it.
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:53 am

End of that, made an amazing mold, medium-medium low kicks, mellow concave. Very even shape, and just looks superb!I'll be now making 32-33mm decks!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help me with making a new mold    Can anyone help me with making a new mold  Empty

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help me with making a new mold

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1