Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalA  few questions about building wooden parks Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few questions about building wooden parks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General BP
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
General BP

A  few questions about building wooden parks Empty
PostSubject: A few questions about building wooden parks   A  few questions about building wooden parks EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:35 am

I'm going to build a wooden park and have a few questions before I get started. Please answer what you can as all input is welcome.

1. What kind of saw do you use to make the cuts? I only have hand saws and wonder if I need to invest in a jigsaw or something of the sort

2. What kind of wood is used on the base, walls, and deck of the park?  I see the standard is birch but I'm not sure on thicknesses

3. How do people bend the wood for the quarter pipes and also how do they obtain that angled wood look such as on BRR quarter pipes?

4. What kind of glue and fasteners are used?

5. Once the park is sanded, do you cover it with lacquer and if so, what kind?

5. Is there a standard height or rule of thumb for the scale of the ramps? I wouldn't want to make them too small or too big
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about building wooden parks   A  few questions about building wooden parks EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm

1. Tablesaw for straights/angles and jigsaw (presition cut tooth) for roundings)..

2. Birch 7mm plywood..

3. Its called wigglewood. Bends with ease. The better woodshops will have access to this..

4. Liquid nails glue for fast cure time..

5. A ledge would be 2 inches high, a bench would be 2,5 inches high, i miniramp style quarterpipe (without vert section) would be 6 inches. A low quarterpipe would be 3 inches..

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
steezy_fingerz132
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
steezy_fingerz132

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about building wooden parks   A  few questions about building wooden parks EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 am

Try to get access to a scroll saw. It will help a lot, and you can get the weird angles too(and curves).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about building wooden parks   A  few questions about building wooden parks Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions about building wooden parks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1