Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDiamond Trucks 3.0 Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

Companies : work in progress
Setup : cowply c2
brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review Empty
PostSubject: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Diamond Fingerboard trucks are re shaped trucks and perform very well. So I have been riding these trucks for what feels like forever, and I have been loving them. I haven't really seen much about these trucks so I decided to do a review.

First Impression: When I first got these, the shipping took a couple weeks, but to my knowledge I think they're from  a good distance from me.But out of the package they looked amazing nonetheless. They came with pivot cups and bushings and some stickers, which was really cool. They were about $20 with shipping, which made them pretty affordable for a professional look. 10/10

The Truck Itself: Well the trucks definitely look amazing imo. They are nice and rounded and slim, they are also about 30-31 mm  hangars which is also pretty nice. The only downfall with these trucks that I have noticed is that axles are allen key tuned, which they end up coming loose (but some glue will easily fix that). The kingpin is flush to the baseplate so you wont have to worry about that sticking out. The kingpin is also just a normal, standard screw on, no allen key required. 9/10

Performance: For the performance, I would have to say that they work amazing. The grind is really smooth, and that has been told to me by people who even ride black-river, and y-trucks. They are nice and light, which is what I like in a setup, so I'm a fan of that. Black-river wheels compatibility is something i'm unsure of. I just ride some homewood wheels, and they fit on the axle fine. Like I said, the axle is similar to the allen key trucks, so I would maybe test to see if the wheels can fit on those. 9/10

Overall: Overall, I'd have to say that these trucks are an affordable alternative to more expensive trucks, and perform beautifully. They provide a nice, smooth and solid grind and are very durable. I would recommend these to anyone looking for a nice and clean truck, but not so expensive. So for the price, and the performance, I would give Diamond 3.0 Trucks a 9.5/10

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review <a href=Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review Img_0319" />

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review <a href=Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review Img_0321" />
These are the axles I was talking about, they screw in, but they occasionally slip out. Glue fixed that for me.

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review <a href=Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review Fullsi16" />

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review <a href=Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review Img_0323" />

Sorry for the bad pictures, they image upload kept re arranging my photos hmm

But hope this little review helped some people, if you have any further questions, just ask!
And go check out Diamond here !

[Edit] I should mention that the deck is 33mm, and there is some space due to the trucks not being long enough.
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:45 pm

As far as tuned td wides go, these don't look too bad.

Enjoy your purchase happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:51 pm

SiCar wrote:
tuned td wides

These look like reshaped chinas?? no?
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 4:57 pm

KapitalJ wrote:
SiCar wrote:
tuned td wides

yea I think theyre just reshaped and modified chinas
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm

They look pretty good none the less...
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Yea I like the look. Im trying to get some brts but this is just one stop along the way
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 pm

KapitalJ wrote:
SiCar wrote:
tuned td wides

Yeh, it's what I meant tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:35 pm

k happy
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 6:38 pm

nowt wrong with reshaped tdlbs! I wish I had more happy

$20 is a very steep for modded chinas (sorry dude), there are much better deals around.

Plus, imho, Allen key mods do not work. All the ones I've tried have come loose sooner or later (usually sooner).
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Concept wrote:
nowt wrong with reshaped tdlbs! I wish I had more happy

$20 is a very steep for modded chinas (sorry dude), there are much better deals around.

Plus, imho, Allen key mods do not work. All the ones I've tried have come loose sooner or later (usually sooner).

The trucks are 15 but 20 with shipping, so yea I see what you mean with the prices. But I was looking at chemistry when I was getting these and they were more expensive for about the same thing.

About the allen key mods though, the axle kept slipping out so all I did was put a small drop of super glue on the hanger hole for it, and just screwed it back on. I left some space so the wheels and washers wouldnt get stuck and it worked perfectly. (and that was a month or so back)

These trucks are good for me right now at least, but I'm definitely trying to get some brt wides and overall a more professional set up happy
Back to top Go down
DarkSideDanger
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DarkSideDanger

Companies : Brutal Fingerboards, Overbird
Setup : Berlinwood wide low Star Wars
Brt wide black trucks
New Foamy greatness tape
Witchcraft tuning w/ risers
Flow wheels
All quality

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:45 am

Any links to other companies that offer wide trucks? Other than ytrucks or br trucks. Any company offer handboard trucks?
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:34 pm

DarkSideDanger wrote:
Any links to other companies that offer wide trucks? Other than ytrucks or br trucks. Any company offer handboard trucks?

If you're looking for a company that sells 32 mm hangers that are shaped and painted Roswell isn't that bad of an option really. As for handboard trucks I think Redemption is still working on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review   Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Diamond Trucks 3.0 Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1