Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboard Store - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboard Store

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

Fingerboard Store - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:55 am

My man. My buddies and I built out an entire parkour park in a few weeks. You could make a giant indoor fb park......like next level. Btw, sorry for not getting back to the pm yet. Busy these days. If you want, send me some more info about how your getting the space. Like......paying your dad rent? He's letting you use it for free??
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 7:18 pm

if you were to build insanely nice fingerboard parks then i guarantee your events will be a hit. charge $10 entry that will include raffle tickets, food, and sodas and you'll profit from the event. have events once a month or once every couple of weeks. you can use so many methods of advertising. i know a lot of people on fbhq hate instagram, but that's where most people are nowadays. it could turn into a business for you. and eventually you may be able to distribute products. get companies to sponsor your event and you can raffle off those prizes
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 am

Update everybody! I went back to the space today to check it out (yes I took pics, I just need to figure out how to load them on to my computer)
So I've run into a few "issues." I don't want to call them problems because they aren't that bad.
1.) There's no ventilation in this space. So in the summer it can get bitching hot, so maybe i just won't hold events in the Summer. In the winter, it might end up being super cold, but just because of how the space is maybe one little space heater will do the trick. I'd have to experiment.
2.) There's no artificial light. There are 3 stained glass windows which take in a good amount of light, but when the sun starts to go down it can get rather dark. To fix that I could probably bring in a few lamps, but once again, I'd have to go back at night and see how dark it gets in there and how many lights I would need.
3.) Now my dad is saying that he is actually going to use some of that space for storage. He said he'll use about 3/8 of it give or take. One way to get around that is when me and my friends go in early to set up, we'll just go in earlier to move some of the stuff downstairs into a different area just for the day. But neither of us are sure how much space his product will take up downstairs so we'd have to wait and see. I'd also like to add that even if we only had 1/2 the space to work with, I honestly think it could still be a very good meetup, but some kids may feel uncomfortable for some reason haha

As you can all tell, nothing is happening fast. This may take a long time to fully organize, if it happens at all. Possibly into 2016. I'll keep you guys updated with what happens as it happens. PICS WILL BE ADDED SOON. Thanks y'all.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 4:02 am

good stuff, keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
GregFriedrich
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GregFriedrich

Setup : Berlinwood Wide Low/DK/Primitive
BRT wides
FF BRR Edition
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Sounds like it could be cool. I'd probably check it out when I'm not in Massachusetts for school and I'm home in New York. Events would be dope if you had the parks and whatnot. A store I'm not sure would be so successful, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:23 pm

If you're working with somewhat limited space it'd be cool to build a park that goes around the walls if that's makes sense. That way you can have room in the middle to hangout or out more parks.
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 6:47 pm

I'd show up and break stuff, so yeah, I like this idea.

Can I bring rent boys?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:30 am

As far as heat goes. Your best bet would be a swamp cooler, but those can be pretty pricey.

You can get warehouse lights fairly cheap and probably 1 would even do the trick.

As for your dad's stuff. Hmm yeah, could move it everytime or find some way to conceal it.

Don't know what your budget/what your willing to invest is.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 1:01 pm

urbanjump wrote:
As far as heat goes. Your best bet would be a swamp cooler, but those can be pretty pricey.

You can get warehouse lights fairly cheap and probably 1 would even do the trick.

As for your dad's stuff. Hmm yeah, could move it everytime or find some way to conceal it.

Don't know what your budget/what your willing to invest is.
Just talked to my dad yesterday. He said that he and his staff were storing stuff upstairs, and he told them to make sure there was plenty of room, because no only does he want me to have events there, he's gonna have his own events held (lectures, etc)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard Store   Fingerboard Store - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboard Store

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2