Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSetup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:51 pm

Not illegal at all Atamik, just very disappointing that you think this approach is in the spirit of the competition.

Undoubtedly posting a link to social media followers will influence the votes, and sure, we can all leverage leverage popularity in that space. It's just that some of us chose not to.

Again, hugely disappointing that the final round of voting is being determined under those auspices, and I suppose if winning is more important than the values of the community that this type of activity is supposed to represent, then enjoy winning.

Can't tell you how shallow I find this attitude nonetheless or how embarrassed I feel for you.
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Alternatively Atamik, would you like me to post a link to this from my IG account?

Genuinely find your behaviour and statements around this appalling.

You have my pity, but suggest you've blown any opportunity for respect. Pointless and aggrandising,  what is most concerning is your attitude towards what is supposed to be a community coming together. Disappointing doesn't even cover it.

[edit: in round one, I voted for your setup... That's the spirit under which I'm guessing Kerry puts his effort into running this competiton... As I say, I feel throughly ashamed on your behalf and I'm guessing with a little more maturity you will too. I voted for Axel in the final round as I couldn't bring myself to support your world view. Ashamed to be part of the same community as you]
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 am

#fingerboardforfun
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 am

Ok what the hell happened this year??? This is the first time I've seen this kind of controversy regarding a fucking fingerboard setup wining recognition for being the best of the year. What happened to the fair, don't game the votes, kind of contest? (I'm sure there are other people who are guilty of this but their friends are asses or too lazy to bother voting)
Back to top Go down
Baby Face Bubsy
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Baby Face Bubsy

Setup : Beast Pants
brr trucks/ wc bushing
FF brr ed wheels
no comply foamy g

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:23 am

Why not just give the win to runner up if cowply guy wins. I mean it's supposed to be best setup of the year, not who has the most friends to vote for their setup.
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:02 am

voted for the #4

that hand painted piratenholz is unbelievable
Back to top Go down
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:43 am

Why not just put the people in the last round in to a lucky dip and pull the winner from that? Equal advantage and all that... This is supposed to be fun right
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:04 am

nothing wrong with people who know nothing about fingerboards voting for fingerboards cuz there freind told em too

Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 Shenan10
Back to top Go down
atamatik
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
atamatik

Setup : BW 33.3mm
BRT wide / TKY
WW
Generik tape

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Frostie wrote:
Not illegal at all Atamik, just very disappointing that you think this approach is in the spirit of the competition.

Undoubtedly posting a link to social media followers will influence the votes, and sure, we can all leverage leverage popularity in that space. It's just that some of us chose not to.

Again, hugely disappointing that the final round of voting is being determined under those auspices, and I suppose if winning is more important than the values of the community that this type of activity is supposed to represent, then enjoy winning.

Can't tell you how shallow I find this attitude nonetheless or how embarrassed I feel for you.

To begin, I did not know there was a second round and I just saw, for the first vote I posted a message on the group to announce that I am selected for the contest, nothing forbade and it is common in this kind of contest online. So ok for the second round.

Community ? but what community ? Instagram, Facebook & co ? I organize events in France and sponsoring events in Europe and Canada, it's the real scene and that's why there's a community behind me.

I don't have time to be embarrassed (unfortunately neither rider), fingerboard is not my entire life, I have a job that takes time and a company to manage, I have nothing to prove here so who has the best fingerboard of the year is the last of my worries...

I will not be posting messages of support as requested Kerry for this round

Good luck all (and I prefer the brutal)

Back to top Go down
http://fingerboard.jeun.fr/
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:42 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
nothing wrong with people who know nothing about fingerboards voting for fingerboards cuz there freind told em too

Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 Shenan10

just went and told my neighbors dogs to vote
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:55 pm

i'm gonna post my setup on 4chan see who wins then
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:17 pm

Fighting fire with fire will burn down the planet.... confused
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:20 pm

F is for fire that burns down the whole town
U is for uranium BOMBS
N is for no survivors
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm sorry.... but its hard to believe that set up won SOTY#5...  No  No doubt Kerry counted correctly.... just so many nicer setups IMO... This wouldn't have even come close to a top 10 for me...afro
But maybe that's just me. Have a nice day everyone! flower
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:59 pm

^^^^^^^^ Cowply ytrucks and clear wheels, cant think of anything worse. He told people to vote for him too which seems unfair, no one else did.
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Well the contest is over already. No need to keep fighting over the winner. If anything I guess he deserved it not for the best setup but for using his resources like any good politician. Not that there is anything bad with that I mean we would of told our friends to vote for our setup right?
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Protip: Every fingerboarder can declare their own SOTY in their heart.
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Everyone has there own opinion, but i seriously wouldn't have put the winner in my top 40.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:57 am

lmao i just came back to see who won this comp. and i laughed a little at when i first saw it.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:07 am

End of the day the voting on the second round was crazy close, like 9 votes between the winner and the 2nd place piratenholz deck. If the second round had been a complete blowout like the 1st I'd have been concerned that foul play was at hand but that wasn't the case.

I agree it wasn't my favourite (that was the brutal, personally), but it was still pretty rad. All I can say is I guess lots of people liked it, from around the world too - so it wasn't just his friends voting. happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!   Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Setup of the Year #5 - Final Round Page 3!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3