Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMy expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My expierience with Emanant fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:07 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:17 am

^^^ true. I love how admins/mods think that because of their "status" they can commandeer a serious topic with stupid humor and sarcasm and are automatically superior to anyone else. If you don't have something with actual substance to contribute to a topic, gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:39 am

I was gonna get some sleep but whatever.

The only post I made with input to this thread was addressing forum related posts. I don't give a fuck about the emanant situation.

You called me ignorant for signing a post off with a light hearted joke that wasn't even regarding the issues you called me out on, hence this-

Danny H wrote:
DadeKing wrote:
Danny H wrote:

Chill the fuck out dudes it's just tiny skateboards.

You're ignorant as hell if you don't realize this thread is about said individual's character and not "tiny skateboards."

Nah dude, just tiny skateboards.

You're dumb as hell if you don't realise that was a joke.

Apparently that's when you started missing the jokes.

Get a grip, you're a grown man who can't take a couple of jokes from a teenager across the pond. Nobody's asking you to stay on the forum, if you don't like how this place is run then please feel free to leave.

For real, I haven't said a serious thing all night but you're mad as fuck. Chill out. It's just tiny skateboards.
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:03 am

If you don't give a fuck about the emanant situation, why are you here? Theft and dishonesty isn't a joke. Do you laugh when someone robs you? I'm calling you out for being, in my eyes, disrespectful to members of YOUR community. Obviously the OP thought this was a serious situation and wanted actual feedback, not some stupid jokes. I'm not that serious of a person at all and am certainly not "mad as fuck" about tiny skateboards. Your remark made it seem like you thought you were above everyone else and all the replies to this topic were trivial and unjustified. But I guess I was wrong. All I know is that for me as a young tech decker, a reply like that would make me hesistant to post another topic in fear of being disliked or disapproved by this community. That is precisely what will make this community die out as a whole and probably the reason this forum is dead.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:37 am

DadeKing wrote:
If you don't give a fuck about the emanant situation, why are you here? Theft and dishonesty isn't a joke. Do you laugh when someone robs you? I'm calling you out for being, in my eyes, disrespectful to members of YOUR community. Obviously the OP thought this was a serious situation and wanted actual feedback, not some stupid jokes. I'm not that serious of a person at all and am certainly not "mad as fuck" about tiny skateboards. Your remark made it seem like you thought you were above everyone else and all the replies to this topic were trivial and unjustified. But I guess I was wrong. All I know is that for me as a young tech decker, a reply like that would make me hesistant to post another topic in fear of being disliked or disapproved by this community. That is precisely what will make this community die out as a whole and probably the reason this forum is dead.

yo dude
shut up
no one cares
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 am

JakeC wrote:

yo dude
shut up
no one cares

Cool, I don't remember asking if anyone did.

As far as this little argument goes, it all seems like a misinterpretation of written word from both sides. So whatever, it's just tiny skateboards right?
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:25 pm

JakeC wrote:
DadeKing wrote:

yo dude
shut up
no one cares

Nice.

I'm gonna have Melvin lock this thread now. Bye.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 7:06 pm

DadeKing I feel what you're saying, but honestly, young fingerboarders will most likely land on Instagram or YouTube before they find a forum like this. Forums are a first search for older people, I think. At least 17+...

JakeC and Gunner, you both suck, lol.
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:19 am

It's all good dudes, Danny and I talked and it was just all a huge misunderstanding. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
DarkSideDanger
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DarkSideDanger

Companies : Brutal Fingerboards, Overbird
Setup : Berlinwood wide low Star Wars
Brt wide black trucks
New Foamy greatness tape
Witchcraft tuning w/ risers
Flow wheels
All quality

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:22 am

Lol these good ol' discussions. Here's my sense. Drake get your shit together! We'll still love you when you do. Dadeking your right theft is not funny but I missed where you had anything to do with the story or atleast what made you want to crusade against him. And with Danny's point it is just tiny skateboards that have brought us all together.
Back to top Go down
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

Setup : BW Wide, BRT's, Oak RV2's, Rip
Piratenholz OR Ambt, BRT's, Oak Bowls, FBS

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 12:20 pm

This thread was a wild ride.
10/10 would recommend to friends as thrilling drama novel.
Back to top Go down
meeb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
meeb

Setup : some ff g12
some bearing wheels
some td trucks
some tape

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 1:54 pm

this was a fun read
Back to top Go down
DrakeElliott
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
DrakeElliott

Companies : Emanant Fingerboards
Setup : www.flatfacefingerboards.com

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 7:56 am

Hate to bump this false advertising, if the thread poster would be ever so nice as to share his experience on receiving the Decks "owed" that would be rad.

Also I sent him decks to begin with, but I was not satisfied with how they came out and said I would send him more... which took a while longer than expected due to circumstances out of my hands. HE DID RECEIVE THE DECKS....

SHIT HAPPENS. Sometimes life gets the best of you and theres not much you can do other than get threw it. Sorry it took longer than expected. Would of been nice to see the posts about receiving them when you did after making such a big deal about this.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 6:31 am

Okay so I am posting here because I ordered a deck from Drake Elliott (Emanant) and the deal got shady and I need to talk about it.

So I subscribed to Drake's Instagram and was watching him for a few years and he had a sale for a 7 ply deck for $30 Cyber Monday deal.

So I thought, why not check this guys decks out. So I sent him the money via paypal and he agreed to make me a deck.

Dec 1  - Me: Ordered the deck, my order number is #1115
Dec 3  - Drake: Yo, workin on your board
Dec 28 - Me: Just checking up on the board
Dec 28 - Drake: It's been raining a ton, been trying to clearcoat it
Jan 3   - Drake: What was your order # was confused which one was yours
Jan 3   - Drake: I have your custom to be coated just need to cross off the deck size
Jan 26 - Me: Yo, just checking in on my order. Nothing in the mail yet
Jan 26 - Drake: It's in my friends car should be shipped soon was skating and left my bag of decks
Feb 16 - Me: Hey sorry to keep asking but I haven't gotten my order yet. Do you have a tracking number
Feb16 - Boards haven't shipped yet end of the month shipping. Just got a place and off the streets

He had 76 days to make the deck and ship it out and still nothing. Then I go onto his instagram to read the messages to find out if anyone else had the same issue and I found another fingerboarder who bought a deck from Drake and he also didn't get his order. This is what lead me to this message board and this thread.

I'm going to call up paypal and ask for a refund. If the dude is on the streets homeless then how does he have a website and make decks and have an internet connection?

Now if he setup a go fund me and said "hey I need some money because I'm homeless" then I wouldn't mind so much as to give Drake a little money. But if he is advertising that he is in business for making decks and has a website to order a deck then you got to do the business and complete the order. You have to be legit about things and be transparent.

I almost feel bad for asking for paypal to refund the amount because he probably needs it, but again don't act like your making decks when your not.

I am one of the most understanding and forgiving people. Usually I just do nothing and see it as a learning experience, but there was this one time when I was a little broke so I ended up calling up all of the people who owed me money and I got like $300 back from my bank from buying things online and never getting them. Because I usually don't take any action against someone.

So it was one of those experiences where if you pay by your bank or paypal and you don't get the item then you can do something about it and so I have to be more assertive and be on top of things and make sure that I don't get screwed by anyone anymore.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 7:13 am

Drake Elliot is the fingerboard world version of Johnny Craig and the Mac Book Scam.
Back to top Go down
v3nice_beach
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Man you still never ended up getting that?   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:18 am

Pureskate wrote:
Okay so I am posting here because I ordered a deck from Drake Elliott (Emanant) and the deal got shady and I need to talk about it.

So I subscribed to Drake's Instagram and was watching him for a few years and he had a sale for a 7 ply deck for $30 Cyber Monday deal.

So I thought, why not check this guys decks out. So I sent him the money via paypal and he agreed to make me a deck.

Dec 1  - Me: Ordered the deck, my order number is #1115
Dec 3  - Drake: Yo, workin on your board
Dec 28 - Me: Just checking up on the board
Dec 28 - Drake: It's been raining a ton, been trying to clearcoat it
Jan 3   - Drake: What was your order # was confused which one was yours
Jan 3   - Drake: I have your custom to be coated just need to cross off the deck size
Jan 26 - Me: Yo, just checking in on my order. Nothing in the mail yet
Jan 26 - Drake: It's in my friends car should be shipped soon was skating and left my bag of decks
Feb 16 - Me: Hey sorry to keep asking but I haven't gotten my order yet. Do you have a tracking number
Feb16 - Boards haven't shipped yet end of the month shipping. Just got a place and off the streets

He had 76 days to make the deck and ship it out and still nothing. Then I go onto his instagram to read the messages to find out if anyone else had the same issue and I found another fingerboarder who bought a deck from Drake and he also didn't get his order. This is what lead me to this message board and this thread.

I'm going to call up paypal and ask for a refund. If the dude is on the streets homeless then how does he have a website and make decks and have an internet connection?

Now if he setup a go fund me and said "hey I need some money because I'm homeless" then I wouldn't mind so much as to give Drake a little money. But if he is advertising that he is in business for making decks and has a website to order a deck then you got to do the business and complete the order. You have to be legit about things and be transparent.

I almost feel bad for asking for paypal to refund the amount because he probably needs it, but again don't act like your making decks when your not.

I am one of the most understanding and forgiving people. Usually I just do nothing and see it as a learning experience, but there was this one time when I was a little broke so I ended up calling up all of the people who owed me money and I got like $300 back from my bank from buying things online and never getting them. Because I usually don't take any action against someone.

So it was one of those experiences where if you pay by your bank or paypal and you don't get the item then you can do something about it and so I have to be more assertive and be on top of things and make sure that I don't get screwed by anyone anymore.
Back to top Go down
v3nice_beach
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:22 am

Sucks reading all this. I met Drake in Boston a few years ago and thought he was a really great guy trying his best to be a skateboarder in this world and make his living with just that. Although, I can say I did "invest" $125 into Emanant, to get a few decks in return.. Well "shit happened" I was one of the maybe two people who invested , who knows, and I've still never seen those decks. Sucks but I know him personally and we talk here and there, I know his life is tough and so isn't everyone's but, I know he really does struggle with a place to live and that's not just BS. I hope to see the best for him and see him make great positive changes in his life like I know he can. All in all, he's a great dude who loves skateboarding and fingerboarding. I'm sorry he fucked y'all over, we can hope maybe one day he'll get everything together and repay us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My expierience with Emanant fingerboards   My expierience with Emanant fingerboards - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My expierience with Emanant fingerboards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4