Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow do I shape bushings? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I shape bushings?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

How do I shape bushings? Empty
PostSubject: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:51 pm

I purchased some rubber for making bushings. I have a hole punch so I can make them the right circular size with a hole in the middle for the kingpin, but how do get the shape like Chubz and other bushings? I'm assuming they cast them in molds?
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Depends on how you cut them and you can kind of lathe shape them if you have the skill. silent
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 4:00 pm

I thought about making a lathe with a drill bit and drill, and then using sand paper or a razor blade. I don't think the drill will spin fast enough. I was looking at polymers for molds but that is going to get expensive quick!
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

They're either molded or shaped. Personally I'd just take a hole puncher and some silicone, punch out a few rounds, pour myself a nice glass of soda, and call it a day while watching the sun set into the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Roger Rogerson
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Roger Rogerson

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Roger Rogerson wrote:
Try a leather punch

Like this one: ......

I have one very similar. The cylindrical shape works and all but I would rather have shaped bushings!
Back to top Go down
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:26 pm

In soviet Russia bushings shape you.
Back to top Go down
Filip Bronola
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Filip Bronola

Companies : Spot Decks
Setup : fingerboard

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:01 pm

Make a mold from silicone or something, and pour them that way
Back to top Go down
http://spotdecks.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I shape bushings?   How do I shape bushings? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I shape bushings?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1