Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 8 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
fokkusu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
fokkusu

Setup : BW Wide, BRT's, Oak RV2's, Rip
Piratenholz OR Ambt, BRT's, Oak Bowls, FBS

Quick Questions - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptySun May 08, 2016 11:59 am

movin-like-burnie wrote:

Yeah i thought about going threw TNP, shoulda checked their price to, but oh well haha, but yeah exactly, like my setup right now is already good so ill just shred till then wink

Checked my emails and I did receive an email when they were dispatched... but of a gap between confirmation and dispatch though. Muh bad
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptySun May 08, 2016 5:22 pm

fokkusu wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:

Yeah i thought about going threw TNP, shoulda checked their price to, but oh well haha, but yeah exactly, like my setup right now is already good so ill just shred till then wink

Checked my emails and I did receive an email when they were dispatched... but of a gap between confirmation and dispatch though. Muh bad

Wow so there not even sent out yet, ever fuckin gayyyy..
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:17 pm

movin-like-burnie wrote:
fokkusu wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:

Was that reply just to spam this thread?

I would recommend contacting Ricardo because he's pretty good at replying. My best tip for you would order the Oaks through other distributors that don't take ages for shipping.
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:18 pm

riptape. wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:
fokkusu wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:

Was that reply just to spam this thread?

I would recommend contacting Ricardo because he's pretty good at replying. My best tip for you would order the Oaks through other distributors that don't take ages for shipping.

Ah no?!
Simple asking a question in the questions thread lol

You the thread police or something? Lol XD

But yeah i just kinda figured buying something straight from where its made they would be alittle more "on the ball" with orders, kinda looks bad on them, considering i just paid like $55 for those wheels they should be sent out asap haha
Back to top Go down
Reaper
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Is there any resource for getting ahold of a used setup/trucks wheels etc from someone? I haven't touched a fingerboard in about a decade, but I may get back into it to make oldschool decks like I used to when I was little back in the days of FFI
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

32mm brtz with level ups
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 9:55 pm

fokkusu wrote:
movin-like-burnie wrote:

After a week of waiting, i got an email stating my wheels have been sent out! And they gave me a tracking number, so they should be here by the end of the month!!
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:55 am

Wondering if anyone knew of any companies that make decks around 33 x 99 with DEEP concave and STEEP kicks? Have seen Homewood's and Besour's but I am looking for a more extreme shape than these.

Ideally, I am looking for something like this only with slightly deeper concave and slightly steeper kicks:

Quick Questions - Page 8 11375110

- Jono
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 10:33 am

Jeez man, kicks deeper than that are pretty much at a 90 degree angle lol. I can't think of any companies that do deeper concave than that, and steeper kicks. What board is that any way? It looks similar to a china deck shape wise, but it looks like better craftsmanship
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 11:41 am

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
Jeez man, kicks deeper than that are pretty much at a 90 degree angle lol.

ROFL! I agree the shape is certainly extreme and not to everyone's liking...I guess cause I used china decks for 4+ years I got used to a REALLY deep (over-the-top) shape and was curious if any companies replicate this kind of shape in better quality.

I think my best option at this stage is going to be a (custom) Brutal Brutalcore:

Quick Questions - Page 8 12231011

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
What board is that any way? It looks similar to a china deck shape wise, but it looks like better craftsmanship

I have no idea what kind of deck it is...I was googling fingerboard shapes and it came up in the search results.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Reaper
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:38 pm

DoubleDigits wrote:
Wondering if anyone knew of any companies that make decks around 33 x 99 with DEEP concave and STEEP kicks? Have seen Homewood's and Besour's but I am looking for a more extreme shape than these.

Ideally, I am looking for something like this only with slightly deeper concave and slightly steeper kicks:

Quick Questions - Page 8 11375110

- Jono

Honestly that looks like a deck style from like 2004, can't remember the name to save my life
Back to top Go down
GodBlessEmerica
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
GodBlessEmerica

Companies : work in progress
Setup : cowply c2
brt wides
flatface G5-6 clears
some random tuning
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:10 pm

So I recently got a Fingerboard Supply Co. mold, and I was starting to make decks, but before I do anything else, what size drill bit do you more experienced deck makers use? I don't want to make the deck and then screw up the holes, thus flubbing the whole project.

Thanks happy
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:29 pm

@DoubleDigits you may be hard pressed to find one, but Aphlikshun Kdecks would probably be right up your alley. Super steep kicks, but the concave is a little mellower than medium iirc.
Never had the opportunity to try one, really wish I did.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptySun May 15, 2016 10:55 am

@WantSomeSlaw: thanks for the heads up dude - sounds awesome. Might keep my eyes peeled in the trade section and try my luck.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:06 am

Anyone know why Joaquim Mendez deleted all of his fingerboard videos? He has the best style. Sucks
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:19 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Anyone know why Joaquim Mendez deleted all of his fingerboard videos?  He has the best style.  Sucks

He quit fingerboarding and left berlinwood.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:20 am

riptape. wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Anyone know why Joaquim Mendez deleted all of his fingerboard videos?  He has the best style.  Sucks

Are you just assuming? Because he posted a fingerboard video less than two weeks ago. Would be a pretty extreme change of heart.
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 12:22 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
riptape. wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

Are you just assuming?  Because he posted a fingerboard video less than two weeks ago.  Would be a pretty extreme change of heart.

Well I mean it's common sense.

The dude has thousands of followers and built a wall around his art and has done work for Timo.

He's been in numerous fingerboard videos, competitions, etc..

The dude deletes his fingerboard videos overnight.

??? Paint the picture for me, my man.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Two Questions:

What type of glue do you guys use for your wood decks?

And how long do you leave them in the mold for?
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 10:45 pm

i use wood glue, ive used a few different brands, some really cheap PVA type glues and some more expensive brand named glues an theyv all worked well,
just make sure u dont use 2 much glue cuz when the decks in the mold, the air cant get too it too well an it can take ages too dry and end up warping your decks

i leave it in the mold for atleast 24 hours

hope thats some use! i dont have a company or anythin like that but ive made loadsa decks over the years its a fun hobby!
Back to top Go down
Reaper
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed May 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Ok awesome, thanks. Yeah I was planning on doing a light coat of glue on the plies. I'll make sure to leave them in the mold a good while
Back to top Go down
riptape.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
riptape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:47 am

in your opinion,

what are the best fingerboard wheels that aren't too hard, but not too soft like y wheels?
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu May 26, 2016 2:43 am

FF dual durometers, I know people either love em or dislike em but i feel like they are a perfect balance between soft and hard.
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:11 pm

is yellowoods shipping still awful? i want to buy a set of ytrucks from their site but i dont want to wait a month to get them.
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
jamestown1

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:18 pm

I'm at about 2 weeks at the moment. Thinking it will take another 2 weeks considering it has to go through customs.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:56 pm

That brings up a good question, ytrucks or brr trucks? I'm looking for wides
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next