Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

Quick Questions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:17 am

Picture doesn't do justice but I doubt they are 32 mm? The collector series tech deck trucks are usually 29 mm.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:31 pm

can't really tell but amazon has the correct ones
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:39 pm

JakeC wrote:
Need a quick question answered
are these 32mm trucks?
Quick Questions - Page 4 31wtk2P2HaL
These are 28mm

Poor quality compared to china trucks now
Back to top Go down
rvlt
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
rvlt

Setup : KinKalla
Brt
Oak

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 8:12 pm

I noticed that a lot of people use oak bowl on "normal" setup, what is the reason?
Back to top Go down
didi.kid
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
didi.kid

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 11:14 pm

@rvlt oak bowl shape are dope! Ive tried it in regular deck and it gives it an awesome vibe... just amazing ^-^
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:22 am

rvlt wrote:
I noticed that a lot of people use oak bowl on "normal" setup, what is the reason?

i've noticed tre-flips are much easier and look better
Back to top Go down
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:17 am

g15/15.12 length? wheelbase comparisons? Starting to shop around for shorter decks. Thinking of this or queen's deck, RW shorty, etc.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 2:18 pm

I recently got a Woob - cozy and I set it up with BRTs and Oaks. I also have a Homewood NM set up with BRTs and Oaks. After using the Woob for a bit, my Homewood feels insanely light. Does anyone know if Woobs are particularly heavy or are Homewoods just really light?
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
I recently got a Woob - cozy and I set it up with BRTs and Oaks.  I also have a Homewood NM set up with BRTs and Oaks. After using the Woob for a bit, my Homewood feels insanely light. Does anyone know if Woobs are particularly heavy or are Homewoods just really light?

I noticed the lightness too when I switched to my Homewood NM. They are light boards. Even lighter if you are using YTrucks. One of the reason I put my BRTs on it. I love mine though, but I do like heavier decks at times too. So I always have a couple set-ups wink
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:04 pm

^i love my Homewood too. It honestly depends on the day...one day I prefer the lightness of the Homewood and the next day I'll prefer the heavier Woob. Either way, YTrucks on the Homewood would be insane. The deck would pop through the ceiling
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:19 pm

I've done that ^^^ Homewood with X4's and flatface G7's... Too much pop to the point were the board was nearly uncontrollable
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 11:29 pm

do the new brr bushings wear in with use or do they stay shit
Back to top Go down
Dax Maxwell
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 1:48 am

Does anyone know a place to purchase either a NFB mold or something just as good? Any time I have been on their website it says they are out of stock
Back to top Go down
zzzzzzzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
zzzzzzzz

Setup : Main:
Neztek 29
blackriver trucks 29mm
yellowood slimtape
joycults
Wcs

Special wink
29 mm Simple
29 mm brts
Joycults
fbs
wcs

Berlinwood 29
Brts 29
oak bowl wheels
Fbs
Wcs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 3:25 am

rvlt wrote:

I do, because they are the best wheels ever and because they feel soo good. happy
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 4:53 am

Dax Maxwell wrote:
Does anyone know a place to purchase either a NFB mold or something just as good? Any time I have been on their website it says they are out of stock

you need to purchase one at the beginning of the month when they go back in stock. check back february 1st and they should be back in stock.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 pm

can you make dual bearing wheels fit on td lb trucks?
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:48 pm

JakeC wrote:
can you make dual bearing wheels fit on td lb trucks?

I thought TDLB trucks already fit dual bearing wheels? You can try using pivot cups or washers.
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 am

Yeah, I use Ywheels and tdlbs on my main setup. They do fit, but tdlbs have much greater variance in axel length, length of the threaded section etc. So often 3 wheels will need washers and 1 won't or similar.

The best washers to use in my experience are the conical washers that come on tdlbs on the kingpin, they fit inside most wheels and are perfect for getting both Oaks and Ys to fit on tdlbs without being overly visible.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 07, 2016 10:54 pm

How long is a Berlinwood? 100mm? I'm deciding between a 33mm or 32mm wide low. I'm used to 33mm, but I know Berlinwood it's a little longer and I don't want it to feel massive. Anyone have a preference?
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 3:41 am

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
How long is a Berlinwood?  100mm?  I'm deciding between a 33mm or 32mm wide low.  I'm used to 33mm, but I know Berlinwood it's a little longer and I don't want it to feel massive.  Anyone have a preference?  
they are 98mm
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks. Also, does anyone still use 29mm trucks? I'm thinking of trying out smaller trucks on a 32mm deck
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 1:59 pm

i follow a couple of people on insta that use 29mm trucks but they use them on 29mm decks also. I wouldn't suggest 29mm trucks on a 32mm board, that comes from experience. the feel is just weird and it just isn't the best thing to do at all
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 2:03 pm

no one really uses 29's anymore. i suggest just using 32s on 32s
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks guys. Kind of what I was thinking too. Either way, I think I'm going with a 32mm Berlinwood. Time to mix it up a bit
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 7:19 pm

can't go wrong with that man, berlinwoods are always my "go to" board. always amazing performing decks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next