HomePortalRules + New Members FAQRegisterLog in

Share | .
 

 Developing style in fingerboarding?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2016-03-09
Location : My dorm
Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

PostSubject: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Just the title. Any personal opinions on how to go about it?

For me it's just really knowing what you like and don't like and really doing what you want to do doesn't matter if that said trick has a name or not.

_________________
What? A link? Woah : https://www.youtube.com/c/NavitureFBr
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 34
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 pm

I like style that compares mostly to skateboarding. Make it look real. If you are going to do a switch flip to backside tail, do it and make it look good. Pop, catch, stick, slide, and roll away clean. More people should follow professional skateboarders, survey their style and mimic it. Also, more fingerboarders should skate in real life. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
avatar

Posts : 1522
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 22
Location : SC

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:43 pm

I don't like when people try to force style, just do you.

_________________
@HSK wrote:
Whats ffi lol ?

@JRizzle wrote:
Jheeze I think I would have creamed my pants if that stuff was out when I was like 12/13!

@Jaymes wrote:
I don't want none of that homemade hack job with welds that look like a monkey did it
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 34
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:46 pm

remember this vid? scroll to the 16 minute mark if you have time. Watching this back in the day blew my mind.

Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2016-03-09
Location : My dorm
Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 pm

@jamestown1 wrote:
I like style that compares mostly to skateboarding. Make it look real. If you are going to do a switch flip to backside tail, do it and make it look good. Pop, catch, stick, slide, and roll away clean. More people should follow professional skateboarders, survey their style and mimic it. Also, more fingerboarders should skate in real life. My two cents.

Agreed but I think fingerboarders don't really have to skate if they don't want to, but it does teach you to see things in a perspective skateboarders can only see so that's a plus.

@meekin wrote:
I don't like when people try to force style, just do you.

Nuff' said.
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 34
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 pm

@Naviture wrote:
@jamestown1 wrote:
I like style that compares mostly to skateboarding. Make it look real. If you are going to do a switch flip to backside tail, do it and make it look good. Pop, catch, stick, slide, and roll away clean. More people should follow professional skateboarders, survey their style and mimic it. Also, more fingerboarders should skate in real life. My two cents.

Agreed but I think fingerboarders don't really have to skate if they don't want to, but it does teach you to see things in a perspective skateboarders can only see so that's a plus.

@meekin wrote:
I don't like when people try to force style, just do you.

Nuff' said.

Perspective is really all I ask for.
Back to top Go down
stezy fingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-03-23
Companies : Sponsor Me Tape
Setup : CaliFingers, Clean Sheets, Ytrucks, Calicushions Bushings, Oak RV2

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 am

Just do you. Don't care what others think. Just have fun.

_________________
califingers.bigcartel.com
sponsormentape.bigcartel.com

@skatemaster231 wrote:
IG is where you should go if you want to catch up with the scene quickly. Honestly it's great for quick clips here and there but other than that there's really no substance. It's like sprinkles on ice cream. They're nice little additions but you're really here for the ice cream and IG gives you way too many sprinkles and barely a scoop of vanilla.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 894
Join date : 2015-05-08
Age : 29
Location : Australia, NSW
Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Yeah, just do you...your own style will develop naturally with practice and time...nothing needs to be 'forced' and 'done' to develop style as such...

@jamestown1: OH GOD...that vid takes me back very happy Thanks for sharing that dude!

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Arapoib
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
avatar

Posts : 326
Join date : 2013-07-26
Age : 20
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:18 pm

i think my style is constantly changing. also depends if I'm using tight or loose trucks.

_________________
Youtube
oh                 afro
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
avatar

Posts : 1522
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 22
Location : SC

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:17 pm

@Arapoib wrote:
i think my style is constantly changing. also depends if I'm using tight or loose trucks.
best answer yet

_________________
@HSK wrote:
Whats ffi lol ?

@JRizzle wrote:
Jheeze I think I would have creamed my pants if that stuff was out when I was like 12/13!

@Jaymes wrote:
I don't want none of that homemade hack job with welds that look like a monkey did it
Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
avatar

Posts : 49
Join date : 2016-03-09
Location : My dorm
Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:52 pm

@Arapoib wrote:
i think my style is constantly changing. also depends if I'm using tight or loose trucks.

that's so true. Then you have tape to consider lol

_________________
What? A link? Woah : https://www.youtube.com/c/NavitureFBr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   

Back to top Go down
 

Developing style in fingerboarding?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Fingerboarding Discussion & News-