Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDeveloping style in fingerboarding? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Developing style in fingerboarding?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Naviture

Companies : NALA+ Ramps
Setup : BW X-wide LOW + BRT 32s + Winkler Wheels Classics

Developing style in fingerboarding? Empty
PostSubject: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Just the title. Any personal opinions on how to go about it?

For me it's just really knowing what you like and don't like and really doing what you want to do doesn't matter if that said trick has a name or not.
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
jamestown1

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 pm

I like style that compares mostly to skateboarding. Make it look real. If you are going to do a switch flip to backside tail, do it and make it look good. Pop, catch, stick, slide, and roll away clean. More people should follow professional skateboarders, survey their style and mimic it. Also, more fingerboarders should skate in real life. My two cents.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:43 pm

I don't like when people try to force style, just do you.
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
jamestown1

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:46 pm

remember this vid? scroll to the 16 minute mark if you have time. Watching this back in the day blew my mind.

Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Naviture

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 pm

jamestown1 wrote:
I like style that compares mostly to skateboarding. Make it look real. If you are going to do a switch flip to backside tail, do it and make it look good. Pop, catch, stick, slide, and roll away clean. More people should follow professional skateboarders, survey their style and mimic it. Also, more fingerboarders should skate in real life. My two cents.

Agreed but I think fingerboarders don't really have to skate if they don't want to, but it does teach you to see things in a perspective skateboarders can only see so that's a plus.

meekin wrote:

Nuff' said.
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
jamestown1

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Naviture wrote:
jamestown1 wrote:

Agreed but I think fingerboarders don't really have to skate if they don't want to, but it does teach you to see things in a perspective skateboarders can only see so that's a plus.

meekin wrote:

Nuff' said.

Perspective is really all I ask for.
Back to top Go down
stezy fingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
stezy fingers

Companies : Sponsor Me Tape
Setup : CaliFingers, Clean Sheets, Ytrucks, Calicushions Bushings, Oak RV2

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:49 am

Just do you. Don't care what others think. Just have fun.
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Yeah, just do you...your own style will develop naturally with practice and time...nothing needs to be 'forced' and 'done' to develop style as such...

@jamestown1: OH GOD...that vid takes me back very happy Thanks for sharing that dude!

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Arapoib
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Arapoib

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 3:18 pm

i think my style is constantly changing. also depends if I'm using tight or loose trucks.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Arapoib wrote:
i think my style is constantly changing. also depends if I'm using tight or loose trucks.
best answer yet
Back to top Go down
Naviture
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Naviture

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Arapoib wrote:

that's so true. Then you have tape to consider lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Developing style in fingerboarding?   Developing style in fingerboarding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Developing style in fingerboarding?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1