Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalsome problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  Empty
PostSubject: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm kinda new to fingerboarding! but not really, I've practised in the past and started again not long ago.

I've got a few questions, hope you could answer them:

1.There are times when I feel this kind of adrenaline and my performance is way better .
and sometimes there are moments that I can't even pop the deck while I'm trying to kickflip.
So I'm wondering if this also happened to you in the beginning

2. About half a year ago I got my pro set and started practising on it.
During the first two weeks I noticed that not only am I not advancing, I'm getting worse than before.

After you've learned a certain fingerboarding trick, do you just try to repeat the success until you get it again and so on... or do you change technique every time and have to use your head and not just your fingers?

4.I'm unable to combine all sorts of positions when I try to kickflip...
For example standing up when the table is at different heights and I need to bend over or the table is high enough and I don't have to bend over or let's say I'm sitting on the floor and trying. In all these situations I feel that I don't have a strong enough pop or flick.
Only when I'm sitting at the table, then I can perform a pop/flick properly. This is the case for any
trick and even for ollies

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Erm keep practicing...?

try listening to music when you're fingerboarding... when i'm not really focusing is when i can fingerboard up to passable standard

Last edited by BUMPYknuckles on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cereal.Kill3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Setup #1
-G15
-Ytruck X4s
-Witchcraft bushings
-Winkler Signature Junks
-FBS

Setup #2
-BW Xwide low Gene Senges
-BRT
-Witchcraft bushings
-Oak RV2
-FBS

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:37 pm

keep practicing and practice more on the things you are struggling with. usually when i am trying the same thing repeatedly and start to decline in performance on that particular trick i will switch to something else and maybe stretch my wrist and fingers. i personally do every trick i know as a warmup before actually starting a "session"
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:39 am

You'll have those "off" days once in a while. Best thing to do is to just put on your favorite tunes and sesh away. I don't know how to explain this but people fingerboard differently. Some can just do it unconsciously while others have to consciously think about what they're doing. It took me a good year just to get rid of those moments when you can't force yourself to pop the board. Just keep fingerboarding and trying different things. You'll figure out what works and doesn't work for you.
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 am

don't overthink it... its just fingerboarding. trial and error. see what works and what doesn't, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
jamestown1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
jamestown1

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 2:22 pm

meekin wrote:
don't overthink it... its just fingerboarding. trial and error. see what works and what doesn't, and go from there.

this right here, oh and have fun with it!
Back to top Go down
L0k1
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
L0k1

Setup : 1 g15 with ytrucks, 1 yellowood with dump trucks, 1 lollipop with dump trucks all switching out 1 set of wrinkler wheels.

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 10:19 pm

This may sound stupid but I still sometimes get those wierd things where you can't pop a trick what I do is put like a pen or something and refer to it as my reference to pop. When I get so close to it I just pop over it. I did the same thing back in the day learning ollies on a real board. IDK it may be dumb but it helped me.
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

Companies : Galaxy of Flowers Fingerboards
Setup : Galaxy of Flowers TB#1
y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 6:02 am

@lok1: Did it the same way, it really helped me.

And what really helped me (and still does) is to look exactly where your fingers are on the board (and to try to remember where they were, when the trick worked wink ). Very basic maybe, but nevertheless important...
And having fun is shurely the best you can do. I never land any tricks, when I am trying too hard.
Back to top Go down
SPONER
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Thank you so much to all!
I'll keep practicing! and having fun happy

But I want to mention something!
I get a very clean kickflip when I feel my index finger is flicking the board! It's a real feeling of control! But most of the time it's not like that.

And I don't know how to recreate that feeling.
Back to top Go down
Cereal.Kill3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Setup #1
-G15
-Ytruck X4s
-Witchcraft bushings
-Winkler Signature Junks
-FBS

Setup #2
-BW Xwide low Gene Senges
-BRT
-Witchcraft bushings
-Oak RV2
-FBS

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:35 pm

repetition and creating muscle memory
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:02 pm

relax, clear your mind, and become the fingerboard. When the rider achieves finger-zen, the board and the rider become one.
Back to top Go down
FictitiousFingers
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
FictitiousFingers

Setup : My favorite is my Catfishbbq freshwater, BRTs, joycult 70ds, Witchcraft bushings, and clean sheets. MY second favorite is my Woob two tone cozy, ytrucks, oak RV2s, and teak tuning.

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:28 pm

The best way for me is to try a new trick with different finger positioning until i find what works best, then practice it until you get it down. Once you have it down muscle memory takes over. For me, after i land something the first time it gets easier and easier every time after that, even with super tech stuff. Ex.. it took me about an hour to get nollie heels out of nose grinds, but than i landed three in a row.

One important thing ive learned though is if you are close to landing something that youve been trying for a while and then all of a sudden you are not even coming close,STOP! do another trick because your muscle memory will start to take over and youll get stuck in a loop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions    some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions  Empty

Back to top Go down

some problems I'm experiencing in fingerboarding and some questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1