Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNew to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy Empty
PostSubject: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 am

I have had a tech deck for while and would use it now and again. I have decided that I want to get a bit more into this hobby and get a better board. I have the plan B wood tech deck as well as a flip plastic tech deck. I also have this fat board (sorry i'm a noob) with a ton of concave. I read this blog (unite fingerboarding new to fingerboarding?) for information on what to buy but I don't know if I want to fork over 50$CDN for a finger board.... Thanks for any help!

-Blu bounce
Back to top Go down
jacobteston
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
jacobteston

Setup : Unique 34.5 Nesting Shape
Roswells 32mm Shaped Trucks
China Wheels

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:57 pm

https://www.brokenknucklefingerboards.com/
Cheap, and good for beginners. king
Back to top Go down
Cereal.Kill3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Setup #1
-G15
-Ytruck X4s
-Witchcraft bushings
-Winkler Signature Junks
-FBS

Setup #2
-BW Xwide low Gene Senges
-BRT
-Witchcraft bushings
-Oak RV2
-FBS

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:37 pm

i recommend the 32mm with spaced trucks and CNC lathed wheels. 20 bucks but cant go wrong. also get a 10 pack of grip. you actually get like 15 lol. bushings also wouldnt be bad. the stock ones on their trucks suck IMO
Back to top Go down
blu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:48 pm

Cereal.Kill3r wrote:
i recommend the 32mm with spaced trucks and CNC lathed wheels. 20 bucks but cant go wrong. also get a 10 pack of grip. you actually get like 15 lol. bushings also wouldnt be bad. the stock ones on their trucks suck IMO

k thx man, ill look into it very happy
Back to top Go down
blu
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 am

Cereal.Kill3r wrote:

What type of grip? Riptape is expensive as HELL
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 8:41 pm

blu wrote:
Cereal.Kill3r wrote:

What type of grip? Riptape is expensive as HELL

china tape
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 am

BKF trucks come pretuned with standard orings and washers which by themselves are a lot better than plastic TD ones. Just buy the hardware kit from BKF and look around for a deck that grabs your attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy   New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy Empty

Back to top Go down

New to fingerboarding, need help on what to buy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1