Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHOW TO REQUEST: Filming Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW TO REQUEST: Filming

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
L0k1
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
L0k1

Setup : 1 g15 with ytrucks, 1 yellowood with dump trucks, 1 lollipop with dump trucks all switching out 1 set of wrinkler wheels.

HOW TO REQUEST: Filming Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:17 pm

I grow up film and making skate videos with my friends. It was easy but I can not figure out how to film freaking fingerboarding when ever I try it just looks so crappy and stupid. If someone could make a how to(Might be one I only looked through a couple pages) it would help me out a lot. I notice it seems like a lot of people film with one hand and skate with the other. I am having a hard time doing that and keeping the board in frame.(I am using my cell phone so that probably does not help.
Back to top Go down
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 7:28 pm

filming is a pain in the arse.. that's all i can say
Back to top Go down
@DICKKLEGG420
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
@DICKKLEGG420

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 5:09 am

Just keep experimenting dude! Its all about what looks good to you personally! Also buying a fisheye for your phone might help with finding better angles and keeping your board in the shot.

Edit: As mike said though filming can get pretty annoying pretty fast! Just have fun with it man its just fingerboardz
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 7:37 am

It really is one of those things you learn in time...when I look back at my early vids I laugh at how bad the angles are...

The most importing thing when it comes to filming is (usually) lighting...I would recommend getting a 300w-500w worklight (like this: https://www.bunnings.com.au/arlec-500w-portable-halogen-worklight_p7070598). They are cheap and get the job done...though be warned...they get VERY hot!

2nd most important thing (in my opinion) is angles...I was filming for a long time without using a tripod and it is a LOT harder to get good angles this was...flexible tripods such like Joby Gorillapod
are FANTASTIC...and I would HIGHLY advise investing in one (or a cheap knock-off equivalent).

Frame-rate can also play a very important roll when it comes to filming fingerboarding...so a 'decent' video camera is also needed if you want to avoid ''blurring''...though good lighting will also reduce ''blurring''.

Other than that, all you can really do is practice...either that or take a photography class or something...

Hope that helps out a bit anyways.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
L0k1
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
L0k1

Setup : 1 g15 with ytrucks, 1 yellowood with dump trucks, 1 lollipop with dump trucks all switching out 1 set of wrinkler wheels.

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 11:41 pm

How does a Gopro work? Does it do a decent Job?
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:10 am

a gopro is the easiest to film with without a doubt, especially the one-hand thing in my opinion
Back to top Go down
L0k1
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
L0k1

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I am looking at them right now on ebay they are so expensive. My wife is going to make me sell stuff to buy one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO REQUEST: Filming   HOW TO REQUEST: Filming Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO REQUEST: Filming

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1