Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSeeking insight on fingerboard molds Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seeking insight on fingerboard molds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Littlegames
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Seeking insight on fingerboard molds Empty
PostSubject: Seeking insight on fingerboard molds   Seeking insight on fingerboard molds EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Hey there. New to the forum. I am currently waiting to try and get an NFB mold. I've never made boards before, so in the meantime I was considering practicing with a 3D printed mold that is much cheaper. So I want to ask, has anyone heard of "Wooz Moldz" created by Woozy Fingerboards? Any ideas on how these molds perform? Also, generally what are the issues associated with molds like this? If you look up "Woozmoldz Custom Fingerboard Mold" on eBay, you'll see the molds I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Seeking insight on fingerboard molds   Seeking insight on fingerboard molds EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 7:49 pm

I've heard steel is better as you can apply more even pressure. But I don't build decks (yet). I saw a dude on Instagram @mellomolds that makes them even cheaper. For that price, it seems like a great way to get into the hobby of making decks yourself.
Back to top Go down
Littlegames
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Seeking insight on fingerboard molds   Seeking insight on fingerboard molds EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 pm

That’s what I’m thinking. A good starting point in the meantime. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Seeking insight on fingerboard molds   Seeking insight on fingerboard molds EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 7:54 pm

You may be able to get more info by making an Instagram post or go to www.reddit.com/r/fingerboards and place a submission there. Sadly these forums are starting to dwindle.
Back to top Go down
Mubange
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mubange

Companies : Galaxy of Flowers Fingerboards
Setup : Galaxy of Flowers TB#1
y trucks
y wheels
fbs smooth tape

PostSubject: Re: Seeking insight on fingerboard molds   Seeking insight on fingerboard molds EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 9:03 pm

if you find a good 3D Mold, thats a good start to make decks. Ive had al lot of good decks in my hands coming from printed molds.
Anyway nfb is the fuckin best ;-) But its hella pricey, too & you might for shure want to know , which deck sahpe you prefer before youll buy one. And of course, if you really like making decks.

These are quite goog, but i dont know the ones you have mentioned..
https://http://www.fingerboard-molds.com/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking insight on fingerboard molds   Seeking insight on fingerboard molds Empty

Back to top Go down

Seeking insight on fingerboard molds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1