Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuestion about making a longboard mold Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about making a longboard mold

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Question about making a longboard mold Empty
PostSubject: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 pm

So I was looking at making a longboard for myself and thought I should make a mold for me and my friends. Now I know this is probably not going to work but what if I got an old longboard deck and put it inside of a box of some sort and poured concrete or something around it that would form a strong mold? Like this but with a longboard and concrete and of course not wrap in with a cardboard box lol

Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:06 am

Concrete is just going to crack, and you wouldn't be able to make a mold that way at all anyway. Just take two tiles and sandwich the plies in there, you don't need kicks on a longboard.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 am

But on DIY skate they say you can use concrete for a regular skateboard mold. All I want to do is build a rectagle out of some pieces of wood and fill it with concrete to make two rectangles made of concrete. Something along the lines of this

http://www.diyskate.com/mold_01.html
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:44 am

It would be super dope if someone made drop through truck mounts for a fingerlongboard.

That would be soooooooo cool.
Back to top Go down
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:49 am

Well Bondo/concrete is gonna be really hard to mold it. It will probably just crack :/ If you know someone with a metal mold I bet you could get the plies pressed down and shape the kicks into the longboard shape. Sorry this is a tricky one :/
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Do you have thay big of a press? Concrete would probably crack. Male one out of wood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about making a longboard mold   Question about making a longboard mold Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about making a longboard mold

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1