Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNorthwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nedim V
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nedim V

Setup : flatface g13 30,5mm
dumps
g6d's

Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 pm

JUSTFINGASK8 is in da' house!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 am

Peter it's how you're repping them. We get you're proud to be part of the team and that's cool but you don't need to post a link to their website everytime you post or mention how great their decks are. Don't take this personally I'm trying to help you man.
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:30 am

I have to agree with Ryan.

Just bump your previous thread if there is a new update and change the title of it to like update or something.

Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 am

Less fighting more discussion of fingerboards. sad
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping
Setup : Northwoods BIGSTIC complete FIRE series

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 pm

MaxL wrote:
Less fighting more discussion of fingerboards. sad
Haha, I like his idea x).

I can't convince anyone to support Z-Shred by purchasing their wheels with a Northwoods complete, but they really are fantastic decks that even those who dislike Z-Shred should give a try. The money from J's decks goes straight back into improving, perfecting, and inventing products that everyone will enjoy. If you don't approve of Z-Shred, you may purchase the boards with some alternative trucks and wheels (the trucks are surprisingly some of the best I've ever used, though they have had some improvements) for a much cheaper price. If you don't want to buy either, then I'd have to agree that you probably shouldn't purchase a complete unless you're willing to replace the stuff yourself.

However, for those of you who are willing to replace OR don't mind New Era wheels, it's definitely worth the purchase. You won't be disappointed.

Of course, you could always order an individual deck. I'd highly recommend giving the trucks a try though.

Happy fingerboarding! happy

Last edited by guitarmeetsjake on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left out a sentence.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/guitarmeetsjake
Northwoods
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Northwoods

Companies : Northwoods performance fingerboards
Setup : BIGSTIC!!

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:00 am

I create these update threads because I am trying to share something special with you. I do NOT create them so some can take cheap shots at my products, passion, authenticity or riders. If you want to hate things, start a new thread. Better yet, a new forum. If you continue to invade my threads with these shenanigans (and others allow it), I will simply stop posting updates. You don't have to buy one single board, pair of trucks or bearing wheels and Nw will still exist and grow. If you don't like my boards, that sucks for you. Because, you have never even touched it. I am happy and sleep great knowing I make an amazing board with innovations of my own design that work. Peter has put his fingers on these boards and he is stoked out of his mind. He is a good guy, huge support and great fingerboarder. He has believed in me and my company while others hate. And just to be clear, that is ALL ANY of that is, foolish hate. So worried about "respect and reputation" that your not aware of your own mess you're making. I came to this forum with a positive outlook and you, the hater, are the ones who are clearly shunning change and bringing negativity to fingerboarding. Just sit back and think of all the tricks you could have learned instead of posting rumors, assumptions and plain stupidity. Here is something to chew on. In 4 hours you can try a trick 5000 times or post negativity on a forum based on such a positive thing, fingerboarding. Now get busy quoting me and complaining or get busy riding. Either way, Ive said my Peace!
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwoodsfb.com
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:25 am

^True Shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:28 am

Hahaha, we have another one of these wave of owners that seem to be flocking into the fingerboard scene. Lost my respect instantly, and i've kept my head way out of the Northwood situation.
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 am

No ones talking shit about your company bro, there just annoyed of all the updates popping up like crazy. Just edit your first thread you started about the company, and change the title to like Northwoods update and post the page that it starts on in the title.

No need for 12345678910x threads happy.
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:06 am

Northwood I'm gonna level with you for a second.

I honestly think your decks are fine.

It's the fact that you are with Z-shred that makes me leary of you... This is nothing personal towards you but China is always a red flag for any company. You can argue with all of us until your face turns blue but that's what is keeping a lot of people from liking your company at the end of the day.

Also (no offence) but Peter did a real bang-up job and making you look real good before you showed up here. (Once again I know it wasn't on purpose.) I understand why you are frustrated and I respect you for coming out to try and fix it but you gotta see where a lot of people are coming from...

Also please try to keep your company updates to one thread like the other companies have been doing, it keeps the forums neat and tidy.

Peace out broseph.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:26 am

Can it have a rule saying that honest, negative feedback is allowed, but hating is not? If not, then it's going to happen. Jared is doing everything he can to make this a better community for all of us, and people have been posting some pretty rotten stuff. Combine into one thread? I do understand that, and he does too. He's probably just too disgusted to log back on and look through the other posts at the moment. A lot of it has been completely uncalled for. Fingerboarding is what he LOVES. I've never seen a man so passionate about anything before. He spent years coming up with something new to improve the fingerboard community, and it's rejected. Not by everyone, but the majority of Fingerboard HQ. I don't even know why he's still posting updates, because I would have given up a long time ago. Have a heart, people. Honest opinions matter. If you don't like something, you should definitely mention. No company ever gets any better without negative feedback. But a lot of you have taken it a little too far, and for some odd reason, I'm not all that surprised to see that everyone else in this community is letting it happen. To me, that's a sign that something is terribly wrong. You've all said it yourselves. The fingerboard community nationwide is a small one. It doesn't have room for bullshit trash companies. But it has room for people who are going to sit by and watch a good thing be driven away from it? No motivative support? No love? When I see so many posts on here full of hate, rejection, and rude judgement, I begin to wonder if there's any love at all. We're part of a community. Can we not all treat each other as such?

Anyway, you guys do whatever you like. Understand that this post isn't talking about everyone on here, because I must agree that a lot of you guys are super kool. But as for the others, maybe you guys should just vote to have us kicked out or something. It won't stop our drive to getting our decks out to those who need to be introduced to them. It won't even slow us down. So I honestly don't care at this point lol. I'm going back to practicing a few tricks. Holla

Last edited by guitarmeetsjake on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to correct a few spelling errors and add a sentence.)
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Northwoods <3 but why hate when you can just keep it to yourselve's ? Alot of people that troll but most have stopped wich I appreciate happy
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:53 pm

The fact jarred strives to make his products better, AND HE ACTUALLY MAKES HIS DECKS is what you guys should be focusing on. Lately there have been many china companies popping up but this isn't one of them. He really loves what he is doing, and i love the fact he also brought something new to the table with his board shape. I have to say the shape is really all of you should try because its unique.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Northwoods wrote:

If you don't like my boards, that sucks for you.

Mmm naa. Blosom/Pop <3

But they look quite fun. Not a main for me. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:12 pm

BrianC wrote:
The fact jarred strives to make his products better, AND HE ACTUALLY MAKES HIS DECKS is what you guys should be focusing on. Lately there have been many china companies popping up but this isn't one of them. He really loves what he is doing, and i love the fact he also brought something new to the table with his board shape. I have to say the shape is really all of you should try because its unique.

We all thank you for your support, Brian. Coincidently, everyone who has ever actually tried one the boards have been very quick to announce their satisfaction and change whatever negative opinions they once had about them. Have fun with your board! Again, negative feedback is appreciated as much as positive feedback, so feel free to discuss any issues you may have. Happy fingerboarding! happy
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 pm

guitarmeetsjake wrote:
You've all said it yourselves. The fingerboard community nationwide is a small one. It doesn't have room for bullshit trash companies.

Wait is northwood a British coMpany?? Because technically these are British forums or European at a push as much as there are American users on here!
Or did you mean internationally??

I know nothing about northwood, I don't hate it, but haters are gonna hate, you guys are coming across like hey we don't care what you think we will succeed and thts a great attitude but if that's the case why come at us with a wall of text..

What has northwood done for the scene??

Why would respect be expected instanty, respect is earned

I'm not really around long enough to have opinions on most of these things so don't get insulted by it, these are just questions..

And befre anyone says this is a world wide forum I will jump in with take the fucking union jack off of the banner then!!

Northwoods wrote:
I create these update threads because I am trying to share something special with you!

What makes them special??
What separates you from everyone else??
You share this with us but the end goal is for us to buy it!!

Northwoods wrote:
Peter has put his fingers on these boards and he is stoked out of his mind. He is a good guy, huge support and great fingerboarder.
Peter is a nice guy and a great fingerboarder but... He is not exactly a "respected member" around here with his bad sentence structure and constant double posting (although this has improved) so when he came on here first repping northwood and had been repping various vacchina companies merely days before it and his constant request for sponsorship probably painted you with a bad brush at first..

<3 Peter no offence man, ya know I like ya

An I have nothing against northwood I just wanted to say and ask these things

Last edited by Ironfingers on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:47 pm

ironfingers, its a worldwide forum, but BASED in the UK. Just like fingerboardtv.DE is worldwide, but BASED in germany. Same as unite is a worldwide thing but BASED in the UK. Supporting where we're from doesn't mean we don't also support the whole worldwide scene. happy
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 pm

James.P wrote:
Northwoods wrote:

If you don't like my boards, that sucks for you.

Mmm naa. Blosom/Pop <3

But they look quite fun. Not a main for me. Sorry.
Atleast you think positive about the board happy
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:55 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
ironfingers, its a worldwide forum, but BASED in the UK. Just like fingerboardtv.DE is worldwide, but BASED in germany. Same as unite is a worldwide thing but BASED in the UK. Supporting where we're from doesn't mean we don't also support the whole worldwide scene. happy

I hear ya Kerry,I know this place is world wide but the majority of it's users are British, it has a British flag in the title etc.. Surely you can see my point, I joined because it was the closest forum to me and a great place..
But in fairness the union jack almost scared me away from it!!
Although I'm glad it didn't.

It has definitely became twice as world wide in my eyes in the short time that has passed since I joined..

Another thing in regards to fbtv.de is they may have a .de domain but I seldom if ever see a logo by them with a german flag built in
Back to top Go down
iDGY
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
iDGY

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Northwoods wrote:
I create these update threads because I am trying to share something special with you. I do NOT create them so some can take cheap shots at my products, passion, authenticity or riders. If you want to hate things, start a new thread. Better yet, a new forum. If you continue to invade my threads with these shenanigans (and others allow it), I will simply stop posting updates. You don't have to buy one single board, pair of trucks or bearing wheels and Nw will still exist and grow. If you don't like my boards, that sucks for you. Because, you have never even touched it. I am happy and sleep great knowing I make an amazing board with innovations of my own design that work. Peter has put his fingers on these boards and he is stoked out of his mind. He is a good guy, huge support and great fingerboarder. He has believed in me and my company while others hate. And just to be clear, that is ALL ANY of that is, foolish hate. So worried about "respect and reputation" that your not aware of your own mess you're making. I came to this forum with a positive outlook and you, the hater, are the ones who are clearly shunning change and bringing negativity to fingerboarding. Just sit back and think of all the tricks you could have learned instead of posting rumors, assumptions and plain stupidity. Here is something to chew on. In 4 hours you can try a trick 5000 times or post negativity on a forum based on such a positive thing, fingerboarding. Now get busy quoting me and complaining or get busy riding. Either way, Ive said my Peace!
I'm so proud of you, and what you have been doing for your team and business! You have improved to the MAX and am impressed with your success in such period of time. I look forward to riding the Emerald! Looks BAMtastic btw! Great work! Keep it up, man.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Ironfingers, I'm not insulted by any of your questions or statement at all, and we appreciate your questions and concerns! You stand out to me for the simple reason that you asked sincere questions about what you weren't sure about based on the information instead of making your own assumptions and posting them publicly for everyone. When people see rude assumptions without knowledge of the company or products, it hurts our chances of contributing to the community.

To those who do make similar assumptions, try asking us a few questions sometime. We don't bite unless we're bitten at, and we can provide any answers if need be. happy

Okay, back on topic. To answer a few of your questions, Ironfingers:
-I did mean it as a worldwide community and I apologize for not specifying correctly. Everyone on the Northwoods team treats fellow fingerboarders the way that we'd like to be treated, regardless who comes from where. The way I see it, we're all in this together, for the most part.
-It isn't that we don't care what YOU think. Quite the contrary. Northwoods wouldn't be anything without you guys. However, we don't care what "haters" think. When I say haters, I mean those posts (before this one) that were blown far beyond the point of negative feedback. I stated once already, and I'll state it again. We appreciate negative feedback as well as positive feedback. Those that took it beyond that point do not matter to me (to me, not Northwoods. You'd have to ask Jared about that one) because if those people are willing to judge and shoot down ANY company so quickly without a single sincere question, suggestion, etc. then I don't see them as being of any help to the community anyway. Northwoods originated from a love and passion for fingerboarding for others who have a love and passion for fingerboarding. As for people who are weary about the products, that is completely understandable and natural for all of us. Who wouldn't be weary of something so new? You're weary of the products, so you chose to question rather than assume, and we appreciate that. happy
-The decks are Northwoods' contribution to the scene. I understand that it's pretty easy for a company (especially a new one) to simply say, "hey, buy our boards. It will contribute to you guys," but it's different to me in the sense that it's something new. Jared's design is something that has never been seen before. The sweet ridge concave concept is hard (if not impossible) to explain. It's something that people need to feel to understand, and all that have clearly state that they do understand. This design by itself could lead to soo many new design ideas among companies. But that won't happen as long as people are pulling us down. With a steady income and more promise for success in the future, there's NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that Jared will repay everyone for their support. Some of you have no idea how friendly and respectful that guy is. If he did fail to give those supporters something back, I'd straight up quit the team myself, because that's not how I roll. That's not how any of us roll.
-You're right, respect is earned. But we have been dealing with DISrespect from day one when it was completely unnecessary. No company expects to be respected from the very start. If they do, then they need to find a new line of work. I don't expect immediate respect, but I do expect not to be hated within a community of people whom all share the same interest.

As for the rest, you'll have to ask the boss man about all that since those are his quotes. I have no say-so xP

Again, thank you for your questions and concerns! Hope it helped clear up a few things. happy

iDGY wrote:
I'm so proud of you, and what you have been doing for your team and business! You have improved to the MAX and am impressed with your success in such period of time. I look forward to riding the Emerald! Looks BAMtastic btw! Great work! Keep it up, man.
On a side note, Jared's board and his passion for fingerboarding introduced this girl to a whole new world - our community. Her two weeks of progression have been the fastest I have ever seen. I fingerboarded around her a lot, and explained everything about it, but after reading some information on the NW website, her opinion turned from her viewing me as being unproductive by pursuing something so childish, to pursuing it herself; not an unproductive childish activity, but a productive sport. She has never even spoken to Jared.

Reread that a few times. I don't know about everywhere else, but most of the U.S. will not give fingerboarding a chance because they see it as being "childish". Northwoods changed her mind when I could not. This is a HUGE opportunity. Will other people agree to give it a chance? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's worth a shot. When Northwoods becomes a success, I hope to see many more fingerboarders here in the United States.

Last edited by guitarmeetsjake on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added quote)
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks for the answers man, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next from northwood and wish the company the best of luk
Back to top Go down
Northwoods
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Northwoods

Companies : Northwoods performance fingerboards
Setup : BIGSTIC!!

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 am

Thanks Ironfingers and the rest for the support!
I updated the first thread with some news.
Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 Northwoods%20fingerboard%20photo%20ad1
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwoodsfb.com
TylerE
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
TylerE

Setup : BW
2.0 BRT <3
FF G6D
FBS extra smoof
TKY

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Looks pretty sick!
Back to top Go down
Alex.
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Alex.

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm sorry but that slogan is incredibly stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next