Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMake any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

Companies : Bluefly Board Co.
Setup : BWNM/BRR trucks/Winkler D-rex blues/FBSes
FFG12/BRR trucks/Substance Quartz BRR's/ FBSes
FFG12/Y trucks United/FF G6E/FBSes

Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's Empty
PostSubject: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:47 pm

Here's how I do it and it works quite well...

Last edited by TMG on Wed May 19, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueflyboardco.com/
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 pm

perfect tmg. great tutorial. works a treat too.....i find if you dont glue the bearing in though they slip over the truck if they are real lose in the wheel.....thats all the brr editon wheels have different folks....a slightly bigger hole at the back...
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Yeah that happens with my winklers, but I just pop em back...but one good thing about them slipping back it it will teach you to be steezy wink
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm

good idea, ish..
A) Its not 'any' bearing wheel, its any single bearing wheel.
B) the wheel will slip from the bearing

Heres by biggest point:
Superglue is cheaper than said 3 dollar tool. Superglueing the nuts, as described in mike schneiders tutorial, is WAY easier than this, and works with ANY wheel, single or dual bearing. AND it doesn't change the wheel for good, so if you want to use them on other trucks, i.e. td trucks, they would. I know you'll say 'superglue is permanent!' but, its really not. It wont come off when you're riding, but, you can with a bit of force unscrew superglued nuts, just don't get a 'HOLDS 1000000lbs of weight together with one drop!' superglue, haha..

Damaging/changing the shape of the wheel, what ever you want to call it, AND spending more money AND more time and thus effort, seems just silly imo, I don't see why people wouldn't just glue the nut. All you need is a paperclip and some superglue.

Nice tutorial, well made and explained, and its a good idea, just think its kinda obsolete from the start, as there was already a better way of doing this.
Not trying to be a dick, just stating my opinion happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 pm

i dont think you understand kerry? with other single bearing wheels, to get them 2 work with brr's the hole at the back of the wheel needs to be slightly larger for them to spin....it has nothing to do with superglue ...also with dual bearing wheels they sit on the bearing which is good for brr trucks happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

I swear I've seen other people who've had just g6 wheels or other single bearing wheels on brrs and not modded them and they've worked fine..
But, if not I guess I didn't realise there were two things that could stop a wheel not working with brrs, and, well, now I know happy

A thought, then, wouldn't it be possible to make the whole bigger so it'd work on brrs, but not soo big that the 'back' of the wheel, the bit that stops the bearing falling out, is completely gone? Then the wheel wouldn't be any different on other trucks, the bearing + wheel would stay together, and they'd work on brrs as theres gotta be a mid point between loosing all the back, and them not spinning on brr trucks, as brrs go down in like a cone shape on the ends of the hangars..

EDIT:
I just realised why that doesn't work. lol
Ignore me happy

Kerry should go to sleep XD
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:41 pm

the wheels slip off the other way to what your thinking....and the hole hardly needs to be filed at all, just the breath of a hairs width.....and night night very happy
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:43 pm

you crack me up kerry lol...
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm

all brr need to do is make the axle a bit longer and boom problem solved lol ! to say how much they are theve got a few bad features
Back to top Go down
TMG
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
TMG

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:30 pm

^ agreed
Back to top Go down
russianfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Hey, Im a new user here.. So from what I have read in this post. That in fact you can use G6 wheels on Blackriver trucks? And do you have to glue the nut on the 2.0 Blackriver trucks or no?
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:34 pm

you do not need to glue the nut on brts 2 as they have lock nuts.

and 'any' wheel 'will' work with brts, although you will have problems if they are not specially made for brt.

the g6s will work...the back needs filing out, and the bearings will slip and lock on brts.....OK for some, but does my head in to the point i cant use g6s on brts.

aaaaaand.....mega bump.....your new so thats cool happy but most of the info you need is in these threads if you look......

if there's anything you need to know regarding the forum, message a mod, like myself or any of the other mods

thank you have a nice day
Back to top Go down
russianfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:45 pm

so I just have to try my g6's on the Brt's and see if they fit? and if they don't I got file the back hole?
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 pm

I never really looked into the issue with BRTs and wheels.

I have some normal Flatface G6s and they fit on my BRTs fine without any modding and they don't slip or anything.

Can someone explain to me what this is about?
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:18 pm

the backs on g6s are too small to fit on brts, so they dont spin freely.....newer versions of g6s, the hole at the back might be bigger, im not totally sure, but some people say they have not noticed the problems.....

also with filing the back of the g6s out to fit the brts, you need to take the bearings out, so once the bearings have come out they will always 'slip' once back inside the wheel on the truck.

its this 'slipping' that makes the back of the wheel push over the axle and lock onto the hanger, thus your wheels stalling, and not spinning.

if you want trouble free wheels for brts id suggest brr ed wheels, or oaks or maybe even duals, but duals come with a few issues on brts too.
Back to top Go down
willhopewell
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Setup : Berlinwood
BRT's
Winker's

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:21 pm

could just get why trucks, no hassle happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's   Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's Empty

Back to top Go down

Make any single bearing wheel fit on BRR's

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1