Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSubliminal Hardware Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Subliminal Hardware

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Companies : Subliminal Hardware
Setup : FBS Smoothtape

Berlinwood Engraved

Subliminal Trucks/Independent Colorway

Flatface G6's

Subliminal Hardware Empty
PostSubject: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Subliminal Hardware Sublim11

Hi guys, its been ages since i've posted on these forums, but it thought that this was a good place to start, you might remember me from my old company which was called "AL fingerboards", which frankly.. was shite. I've always wanted to give this another go, and now that i've left school, i have more time to organise and make sure that this company doesnt fuck up. So, Enough about the past, and more about Subliminal, We aim to sell Trucks, tuning and hopefully soon, Wheels and tape, Pics and links for the new site will be up soon, Thanks for taking your time to read this, And watch this space..
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

the company sounds cool, looking forward to checking out the site !
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:37 pm

hahaha holyshit I remember making a tryout video for you years ago. daaaamn that was a long time ago.

anyway.. not to be a dick straight away, but "We aim to sell Trucks, tuning and hopefully soon, Wheels and tape"

I take it you don't have tens of thousands of pounds lying around, so you're just buying in china trucks. Which is fine, but don't go bullshitting people saying you make them yourself or something. Same with the wheels.. Like, I know you've been out of the scene so I'm trying to give you a friendly heads up, if that's all you've got in line then perhaps you need to rethink things as per how the scene is these days. Your call, but spending a ton of money on china products is in a lot of cases just wasted money, and that sucks.

Sorry if that comes off as mean btw, I'm interested to see what you're going to be doing, but yea, make sure you know what's out there, how its priced, and what products people aren't stoked on before you go forward happy
Back to top Go down
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Berlinwood Engraved

Flatface G6's

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Haha, i think i should post that in a store bio, I should of said before that i never wanted to create a company where it was buying cheap stock, and then selling it on without thought, That's just kind of cuntish... in my past company i guess i gave my influence on the products i sold by "shaping" the trucks, I wanna apply the same type of thing to this company, but in a diffrent way i guess, i will admit when i first thought about this i was just thinking about doing what all starter companies pretty much do, which is basically how you described, Buy small items in bulk and then just re-distribute, i soon realised that wasn't what i wanted, and probably not what consumers would want, im not saying that this company is going to be revolutionary, But i definitely have some ideas that i think people would like and use, also there will definitely be no shit about me "making" the products myself, what i wanted out of this company is just to sell good quality hardware, that was reasonably priced and reliable, i definitely want to have a input into the products i plan to sell, rather than just re-selling cheapstock. I appreciate the heads-up Kerry, and hope that when i finally launch subliminal, that you'll see that i at least had some input into the products i sell, happy Alex
Back to top Go down
Havok Fingerboards
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Havok Fingerboards

Companies : Havok Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Can't wait to see more coming from this company, AL Fingerboards sounds fimiliar hmm, Good luck! happy
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Sounds cool. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Fuck! Alex!
I remember being on AL agesss ago shocked

This sounds awesome, as long as it isn't china shit happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Alex Lee wrote:
Haha, i think i should post that in a store bio, I should of said before that i never wanted to create a company where it was buying cheap stock, and then selling it on without thought, That's just kind of cuntish... in my past company i guess i gave my influence on the products i sold by "shaping" the trucks, I wanna apply the same type of thing to this company, but in a diffrent way i guess, i will admit when i first thought about this i was just thinking about doing what all starter companies pretty much do, which is basically how you described, Buy small items in bulk and then just re-distribute, i soon realised that wasn't what i wanted, and probably not what consumers would want, im not saying that this company is going to be revolutionary, But i definitely have some ideas that i think people would like and use, also there will definitely be no shit about me "making" the products myself, what i wanted out of this company is just to sell good quality hardware, that was reasonably priced and reliable, i definitely want to have a input into the products i plan to sell, rather than just re-selling cheapstock. I appreciate the heads-up Kerry, and hope that when i finally launch subliminal, that you'll see that i at least had some input into the products i sell, happy Alex

I'm glad you got the direction of what I was saying, sounds like there's good vibes coming from what you're doing, and positivity too. I think shaped trucks are a real gap in the market, buying some china trucks, shaping the hangers, and selling them.. I'd pick up a set!

As long as you steer away from china wheels and china decks, I think everyone will be interested to see where this goes happy
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah shaped trucks are definatly in demand!
Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Not enough people shape trucks!
Back to top Go down
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Berlinwood Engraved

Flatface G6's

PostSubject: A few colourways    Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:25 am

IMG_9802IMG_9800IMG_9799IMG_9798IMG_9786

I set up a few trucks and colourways that Subliminal intend to sell, Shaped trucks to come soon!

Last edited by Alex Lee on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some unwanted code)
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 am

those metallic red baseplate LOOK sooo nice ;D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Alex Ward
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Alex Ward

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:11 am

what is the deck with the blue hangars? great product as well.
Back to top Go down
http://yungkeef.tumblr.com/
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:41 pm

dat gold happy
Back to top Go down
backwardsfingerboard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
backwardsfingerboard

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:52 pm

the red looks just like the red ive seen on a pair of chrome and red indy's.sick subliminal looks pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm

i can't do it. dat mold line... i can't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Berlinwood Engraved

Flatface G6's

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Those photos were just kind of a representation of colourways, the mold line is a tad shitty but i'll hopefully upload some photos tonight showing the new shape happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:55 pm

sorry for off topic, but danny just told me this on chat box.. you live in bristol also?!!?

meetup or something? I live in hotwells. pm me very happy
Back to top Go down
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Berlinwood Engraved

Flatface G6's

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Haha, Yep! Bristol born 'n' bred, i live in hanham..?
Back to top Go down
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Berlinwood Engraved

Flatface G6's

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:13 am

Right, got some photos of the shaped V1 trucks, havent got a name for them, so im gonna call em Sone's? the paints kinda haggard, but once i get the technique down, i think this colour is awesome so im gonna stick with it, check em out!

IMG_9816

IMG_9809

IMG_9805

In the top photo the paint looks rough, but the finish is actually a metallic effect, and these are smooth as, its just that on the photo it looks like it has a wierd texture
Back to top Go down
ConcreteFBS
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ConcreteFBS

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:00 am

These are looking really good happy
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:02 am

Wow those look really nice, can't wait to get my hands on em !
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 pm

Those look really nice! How scratch resistant are they? happy
Back to top Go down
Billy Mackean
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Billy Mackean

Setup : Blosom graphic 32.5
BRT wides
G5 BRR EDs
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Look awesome happy I live in bath, so you Kerry and I should have a meet up! happy
Back to top Go down
Alex Lee
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Alex Lee

Berlinwood Engraved

Flatface G6's

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Fuck yeah, sounds like a plan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Hardware   Subliminal Hardware Empty

Back to top Go down

Subliminal Hardware

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Companies / Company Updates-