Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNo Logo Bushings  - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Logo Bushings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:08 pm

there a little small for brts might have to make the mold about 1/2mm bigger but thats why im sending out some review sets to see if you agree..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Anton Dean
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Anton Dean

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Gilly, can i have a set to review please ? happy
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:22 am

just got mine today, thanks man!

what am I doing wrong though? the hole is like 1/5th the size of a brr kingpin or a standard truck kingpin. Cant get them on at all. sad
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:40 am

use the Brt tool (bolt side) to push them down... i had problems with the bushing splitting with a bigger hole you see... they will go on and sit nice and snug!

in fact this is good news and exactly why i want to get some sets out there... dip shit hear never tested them with brt trucks did i sad

Didn't realise the size difference between the kingpins till this

they will go on them but u have to force them on........ they go on TD and China truck perfectly (what ive tested on) but i just tried with the brts and its difficult to get them on but they will go on..... time for a rethink for BRT trucks me think's

Sorry about that kerry... but thanks for bringing this to my attention... Try them on Ytrucks or china trucks for now and when i figure out how to make the hole bigger ill send you another set..

Last edited by GIllybear on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:50 am

Those look really awesome shocked I'll have to try some soon! happy
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am

Ive gotta figure out how to make the hole bigger now without weakening the plastics.... they pop onto td, ytrucks and china trucks sweet... but as im trying now Brts are flippin hard....

On china td and ytrucks just pop one on top use the nut side of a td tool to push them down and they sit nice and snugg...

Update!!!!!!!!!!

It appears that the siicon rubber im using shrink's

the holes are 0.5mm uppon removing from mold but after a few days its going to 0.1~.2

looks like the natural drying process in this rubber is shrinking it "GOD DAM IT"! they still fit on TD ytrucks but you need a little extra force to apply with either your thumb or Td tool

so due to this production is halted till i find a new rubber supply

Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:55 pm

got my no logo bushings today there pretty sick!

No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 Img_0227
They work alright on brr trucks however they don't work the best they could if they were wider they would be sooo much friendlier with brr trucks they work perfect on china wides and don't work at all on ytrucks as the hole is to small to fit on the hex key (this is not a review just first impressions)

the bushings are about medium-hard softness...

Back to top Go down
Henry
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Henry

Setup : Redemption Agape
TD Wides
Wheels ( G6Ds )

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:07 pm

These bushings seem quite nice! Nice job Gilly!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 1:37 pm

I figured they'd shrunk.the hole on mine is literally 0.1mm, I've tried tools, strength, every possible method, and they wont go onto BRTs or china wides. I don't own any ys but I'm assuming they'll not work either.

Maybe make them loads bigger, let them shrink, and then send them out? happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:55 pm

=| damn..I'll try on my yt's the best I can gilly, and yeah maybe you should make them 0.9 and let them shrink to 0.5/0.4 when u can just make some experiences with wider holes (0.9 and up preferably, I'll tell u somethign when I get mine wink )
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:26 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
I figured they'd shrunk.the hole on mine is literally 0.1mm, I've tried tools, strength, every possible method, and they wont go onto BRTs or china wides. I don't own any ys but I'm assuming they'll not work either.

Maybe make them loads bigger, let them shrink, and then send them out? happy

You force them on the same happened to me shocked but there pretty cool bushings alot better job than the last well done gilly happy
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Xi just sent me the funniest pm ever.... and yer im in process of making them 1mm bigger and the holes will be 0.7mm molds changed and thanks to danny ive figured a way to keep the hole the same size with the materials ive got... watch this space

and this is exactly why i sent some out.. i need to feedback to learn how to improve them XD cheers guys
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

it's nice to see a product tested and worked on rather than soo many kids throwing out the first thing they make, so props to you. there's a lot of potential in my 'beta' set of bushings! happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm

why dont you just drill the original hole out Gilly? wink

i think they would be cool if they were half moon shaped...like cast a Ball of silicone, cut it exactly in half, then put a hole in it....or the mold to start with.

good though! keep progressing!
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Blosom its funny you should say that because the first version i did is exactly that balls cut into two halves..... i still have the mold for that.. the problem i had with those is getting the cuts perfect... so hard with such small balls.... NO PUN INTENDED!!!!

also i tried drilling the holes today... and failed as the rubber melts onto the drill bit!...

ill get some pics of the 2 versions and lets see what people prefer very happy
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Original ball shape

No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 Wp_00012

Comparison of old and new

No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 Wp_00013

the originals fit Brts fine.... but like I said I couldn't get the cuts consistent so made a new cylinder shape

Might have to spend some time and look into developing the half ball shape.. they do have much better movement to them but are a tad over sized. only benefit to the cylinder shape is i can pretty much get consistent cuts that are all the same....

time to get into thinking mode very happy

Last edited by GIllybear on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm

sure i understand.

i can think of numerous ways for it to work for you....the best would be to start from the beginning perhaps? rethink your molds wink

and the rubber melted with a drill bit? hmmm....yeah might be problems that way then...adjustable speed dremel?

and i noticed you said something about you maybe not getting the deck from me, ive not forgot, ive just had so much on ive not had a chance to get the decks finished off....should be sometime this week ill finish them off though cool
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 pm

You sir are a beautiful man (keep me posted on the deck XD).. and this is exactly what im going to do.. go back to the drawing boards after ive received the reviews/testing for the products ive sent out very happy

and i drilled with a dremel on lowest setting and it still melted... might invest in some better quality plastics that have a higher melting point.. will probably solve all these issues
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 7:32 pm

yeah the ball ones look awesome!

if it was me id go with that shape....not trying to pi55 on your parade, but the round ones are cool cool
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 pm

I agree, there's soo much awesome performance potential in those balls. I don't think them being bigger than the ones you sent me is an issue as they were tiny as fook, literally at least half the size of a standard o ring. I know tkys/fbs revos are smaller than o rings but somewhere in between those sizes would be rad happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
I agree, there's soo much awesome performance potential in those balls.
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Feedback is my drug and this is what i needed... looks like im going to mess around with new casting methods and go with the ball design very happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 pm

^It seems as though balls would be looser, so perhaps have both types available? happy

I personally prefer a medium truck, so I'd rather have the standard design! shocked

But I'd love to put looser ones on a cruiser setup ^_^
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:09 pm

the ball ones could probably just be tightened a bit more to make them less ball shaped and thus less loose.

I think once you've got a shape down if you can get a hard and a soft material that'd be REALLY sick.

any idea of a possible RRP on these? If they turn out nice I'd be interested to get a stock off you for fingersized if that's ever something you're interested in. Lowish price point bushings that are made by fingerboarders sounds win win in my books happy
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 am

at the moment cost price on the ones ive sent you are less than 1p a set tongue id much prefer you'd give them away as freebies or for competitions or something or even put them in your £2 truck grip wheel sets.... im not looking to make money just get an alternative out there that any one can have and have a brand that's known by all XD

blosom has sent me a cracking information about creating molds.. and i plan on getting these things as high a quality as Timo Kranz's bushings. going to take a while with many prototypes but ill get there in the end and share them with all

i have access to a 3d printer now also so im working on a cad model to have a go using that
once the final product is design and printed i can make mold and mass produce very happy

for those that dont no what a 3d printer is check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aghzpO_UZE

the one i have access to is no where near as hightech as that video but you get the idea tongue

Also watch this space... as i have access to a lazer cutter and etcher and may be joining up with a friend to produce some nice lazer cut ramps (but this is early days)

watch this space
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Logo Bushings    No Logo Bushings  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Logo Bushings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next