Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalshallowwood fingerboards-uk company Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shallowwood fingerboards-uk company

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

Companies : Fusion Distribution

shallowwood fingerboards-uk company Empty
PostSubject: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 pm

as i posted earlier this site(i think), im starting a new company. still in progress but i've updated the site with newer, better products of pics and products. check them out and plz give me good, positive feedback.
please answer
1. would you consider buying?
2. do you think the prices are good?

get back to me guys. the site is:
http://shallowwoodfingerboards.weebly.com/
Back to top Go down
http://fusiondistribution.co.uk/
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 9:35 pm

1.possibly
2.yeah, but the wooden bench should be like $7 imo
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:07 am

fbrep2010 wrote:
check them out and plz give me good, positive feedback.

Feedback != always possitive. Thats not how the world works.

Honestly? They're wayy overpriced, if I'm to understand that you want £s, so, £10 for the bench, not 10 dollars?
Either way, its just three bits of wood stuck together. Three rectangles. Around £1 in materials.
The craftsmanship on the upbox is poor, shame because I've always wanted an up box.

But, heres me being constructive and not a bitch:
-lower the prices. You're charging practically brr price, which is THE most expensive and high quality products in the FB world, for something thats just substandard.
-work on the craftsmanship on the up box. Get things to be more flush. Also, if you can get the coping, if you must keep it round and not square, countersunk into the ramp, that'd make grinding a LOT nicer. AND make sure you don't leave the end bits hanging out, not only does it look bad but its a safety hazard.

Keep up the good work, its a good start, but the bench is overpriced, boring, not a needed product in the FB wold what so ever (if people want benches like that they'll buy everslick/marble/granite, as they're not that expensive these days..), and take your up box as prototype. Work on it, it could be really good, and if you improve on it I'd consider buying for deffs. But not now.

Some other tips on the site? Make the font consistent, it looks childish with there being such irregularities. Simply changing that would make it a lot better. Also, the team section bit sounds ridiculous. A team member shouldn't have some sort of schedule. Thats the kind of thing silly little youtube kids selling foam companies do. If you want to become a legit company, I'd change that. A true team member will rep you, but, they've got their own life to lead and will do things when they can. Not like fingerboarding needs to be as serious as some youtube kids make it out to be, I mean, I love it and its a huge part of my life, but, people need to relax : o (ffi = constant arguments, for example?)

I hope you take that as not just a bitch. I'm trying to be helpful. happy
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:47 am

13 is a good price imo
Back to top Go down
Nick Payne
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Nick Payne

Companies : fingerboarding,skating,guitar,filming
Setup : Hard Knox Deck,FBS.Y-Trucks(White),Substance Dual Gold(black)

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:22 am

all looks good man
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NicholasScottPayne?feature=mhum
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:10 am

TaylorT is awesome wrote:
13 is a good price imo

thanks dude.
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:19 am

[quote="kerryDETH"]
fbrep2010 wrote:
check them out and plz give me good, positive feedback.

thanks for the (constructive) feedback 'kerrydeth'. i took it into account and i'll continue working on my products and come out with new ones. just thought i'd give this company ago since i dont think there is any other uk obstacle company. but i sorted out the team page and will continue to work on the site

so thanks

and btw did u see the pics in the gallery page, jw?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:23 am

your new here so dont double post and anyway when i said pretty much what kerry said you gave me a load of shite saying it was bad unfriendly criticism lol
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I'm glad you didn't just take it as me trying to be insulting, I hope I was helpful in some way at least happy
And, no, I'm almost certain there isn't another UK obstacle company. Would be cool to see your products when they've improved a bit, the up box I'm very interested in, I've always wanted one but not sure I want to pay brr prices for one..

And yes, I did see the pictures in the gallery happy
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 3:46 pm

it says on your site the prices are in pounds so ignore the $ sign......does this mean benches are £8 instead of $8, or are they cheaper because 8 dollars is cheaper for pounds?...also i think you should include your postage price....i think it might be putting people off.....you say youll keep it as cheap as you can, but nobody knows what it is? happy .....only trying to help happy
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 7:58 pm

blosom wrote:
it says on your site the prices are in pounds so ignore the $ sign......does this mean benches are £8 instead of $8, or are they cheaper because 8 dollars is cheaper for pounds?...also i think you should include your postage price....i think it might be putting people off.....you say youll keep it as cheap as you can, but nobody knows what it is? happy .....only trying to help happy

yeh, its £8 not dolllars. cos i cant figure out to change it cos its an american site. and i probz will include ostage price. yeh ur right. btw, do u think the products are good and would u consider buying??
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:35 pm

oh. well in that case, they are waayyy overpriced
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 8:59 pm

oh. well in that case, they are waayyy overpriced

wtf, what made u suddely change ur mind??
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:04 pm

because i thought it was dollars. lol
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:14 pm

because i thought it was dollars. lol

and what makes u think its any different in pounds??
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:40 pm

because it is. ever heard of inflation. rotfl
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySat May 01, 2010 9:57 pm

8 dollars is way less than 8 pounds.......i think they are maybe a bit too much too now....and i wouldve considered buying one at the dollar price, but not at this price + postage.....might as well get brr happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah that's what I thought I'd only end up spending a few more quid for brr your gonna have to make stuff cheap to get customers and yeah I'm not suprised taylor changed his mind the exchange rate from pounds/euros to dollars is great for us but bad for america
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:52 am

JackLilley wrote:
Yeah that's what I thought I'd only end up spending a few more quid for brr your gonna have to make stuff cheap to get customers and yeah I'm not suprised taylor changed his mind the exchange rate from pounds/euros to dollars is great for us but bad for america

fair enough, but im not selling worldwide atm so it wont really affect taylor but i will sort the prices out.
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:00 am

blosom wrote:

i see ur not so impressed with the prices. i thought £8 wasn't so bad but plz p.m how much u wouldn't mind spending on this cos tbh i didn't really think it was so overpriced as everyones making it seem. but yeh, message me with some price ideas
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 2:58 pm

hey dont double post theres a little edit button at the top corner of your post oh and a fiver would be a good price thats how much danny was selling some benches for and get some coping itd be so much better if you did
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 5:12 pm

the simple fact is you're charging 8 pounds for a bench thats just three bits of wood glued together. The MAX the materials could cost would be £2. 6 quid profit? You don't get to have profits like that from such a low priced and simple product.

I could understand 4 quid for the bench, and thats a max. 3-3.50 would be more reasonable.
And if you're paying more for materials, then, stopped getting ripped off. Glue costs like 3 quid and would last sooo many benches, so in proportion you're only using like 5-10p of glue. Wood for that little amount is NOT expensive. I dunno if you varnish or anything, but still, you'd use around 10p max worth of varnish on something that small.

A thing like an up box, takes more time + effort to make, requires more materials, more cutting, metal as well as wood, etc, etc, so a higher price on that is expected. But the bench price is just crazy, really.

Especially as a starting out price. A lot of people have introductory prices, where they barely make any profit at all, to get people to try their products, and then when they've made a reputation for themselves, they raise prices. Not just in fingerboarding, my girlfriend runs a small business selling custom hair extensions (some of the designs she does are amazing : o anyway..) and she makes sooo little profit because shes building a portfolio, and getting people interested in her company. And its been like that for like a year. I think fingerboarding kids think you can start a company and charge top prices in a week >_<
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:20 pm

yeah thats what i said to him and he got sooo pissed off but anyways i dont want to start arguments but not many people are bothered about wooden benches everyone loves marble/granite now
Back to top Go down
fbrep2010
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
fbrep2010

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:31 pm

JackLilley wrote:
yeah thats what i said to him and he got sooo pissed off but anyways i dont want to start arguments but not many people are bothered about wooden benches everyone loves marble/granite now

dude, u need to stop saying that cos wot u sed to me was different. u didn't gimmie constructive critisicm that would help me improve like danny did. yeh, he was a bit harsh but he also gave me some ideas to help me out. u jus basically hated on it pointing out all the bad things which really isn't gonna help me at all. and whether ppl r gonna buy my wooden benches or not, i dont need you telling me. happy
im not trying to start an argument either. jus stating what u said and its true
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:42 pm

hahahahahahahaha i gave you constructive critisism lol oh and btw i wasnt telling you i was just pointing it out but anyways i hope this company goes well but you will need to lower prices and improve quality happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shallowwood fingerboards-uk company   shallowwood fingerboards-uk company Empty

Back to top Go down

shallowwood fingerboards-uk company

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next