Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalOak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review Empty
PostSubject: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey guys, So I got my Oaks a while back, and today I felt like reviewing them, first let's talk about packaging and stickers:
The wheels came inside a little plastic bag, stuck in a white thing so that no accidents could happen, inside that same mini plastic bag came the 4 wheel washers, one for each wheel, really nice packaged. That little plastic bag came inside a paper bag (which I love) sealed with a mucho feeling sticker. Inside that bag you find the mini plastic bag containing the wheels, stickers and the 'Read This' note, that gives you all the advice you need when using Oak Wheels. All this inside a bubble mailer of course very happy super safe packaging very happy
Here are some pictures I took wen I received the wheels.
Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review DSCF3579
Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review DSCF3576
Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review DSCF3583
Their stickers are quite good, they're not that type of sticker that comes off 3 months after you put it somewhere, Oak has some rad sticker graphics that will last wink You get some stickers with each order (not always the same number of stickers, but you will get some) wink
I'm not gonna talk about shipping, because it was just shit,they took two weeks to get here, and I live in Portugal (some country where Oaks are produced and sent from) but it wasn't Ricardo's fault, he sent the wheels 3 days after my order, they took two weeks to get here because of the post office's horrible services, I repeat IT WASN'T RICARDO'S FAULT IT WAS THE POST OFFICE'S FAULT.
1st Impressions ? Well I was amazed by the wheels, I heard they were fantastic, and they really are. At first I had kind of a hard time getting used to them, because these were my first bearing wheels, so the board was kinda 'slippery', but that feeling didn't last long, I got used, and I fell in love for the Mucho Feeling.
Performance: you can really feel the surface, with Oaks you're dealing with polyurethane, so the board pretty much follows your fingers' movements. One of Oak Wheels' best thing is they're realistic feel and look very happy just like a skateboard wheel, when doing power slides with Oaks you will create that magic realistic sound that a skateboard would make too, personally I love that sound. Mucho Feeling isn't just a random phrase Ricardo thought about, it's actually quite correct, you see this is something a bit hard to explain with words, but I'll try my best, when you ride Oaks you get an awesome feeling, because you feel the surface, your board doesn't 'fly' you're quite in contact with the surface you are fingerboarding on. These wheels are super soft and quiet too! they are single bearing wheels so they'll fit your Blackriver-Trucks. Oak wheels have this 'down-fall' their color tends to fade away, and to turn into a trashed colour, so far 1,5 months after I start using the wheels they still look brand new and use them a lot, but that depends how careful you are, where you use them, among other things, but they will still perform perfectly very happy
Me ? I set up my Oak Wheels with Ytrucks and a Lowpro Deck:
Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review DSCF3564
So by this review you basically know Oak Wheels are perfect happy I seriously recommend you buying a set, I did and i'm very happy very happy
You can pick up a set at http://www.oakwheels.com or http://flatfacefingerboards.com and now you can also pick up a set at http://www.fingerboardstore.de
So.. tell me what you thought about this review in the comments below very happy
I hope you 'enjoyed'

Last edited by Luis Correia on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Nice review man! You should add flatface to the end as you can get them from there too wink
Back to top Go down
keiranclen
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
keiranclen

Setup : Skate grip
OG Deck
TD LB trucks
FF G6 wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:35 pm

nice review happy awesome setup to. i think ill get oak wheels then wink
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Tomi wrote:
Nice review man! You should add flatface to the end as you can get them from there too wink
I knew I was forgetting a website, thanks dude!
keiranclen wrote:
nice review happy awesome setup to. i think ill get oak wheels then wink
yey cool dude, you'll like them very happy
tks for the opinions guys very happy
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Look@thepicturesthengooffthepage i can't stand reading mate sorry nice pictures happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:31 pm

lol no worries dude very happy
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Nice review Luis!! happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:35 am

thanks Jayden very happy
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

Really nice review man! happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:53 am

thank you sir wink
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Luis loved the detailed review!
That set up matches soo good.
Back to top Go down
Havok Fingerboards
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Havok Fingerboards

Companies : Havok Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Awesome review man.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

tks I always try to write a good review!
I know <3 my setups is beautiful <3 <3
thanks MJ very happy
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:26 pm

I love Oaks! My favorite wheels cool

Idk why I thought this was an old review. But Nice review Luis!
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:47 pm

thanks dude ! Oaks rock <3
Back to top Go down
backwardsfingerboard
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
backwardsfingerboard

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:05 pm

nice reveiw man oaks are my fav wheels and have been since i got my first pair of them at christmas
im getting another pair soon
btw your set up is sexy happy
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:32 pm

haha tks dude very happy oaks are indeed the best very happy
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 pm

This review is shit.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:37 pm

tks man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review   Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Oak Wheels RV (Royal Blue Model) Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1