Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBRT-Color Choice Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRT-Color Choice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Companies : None
Setup : Scooter
Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

Hey guys, I am thinking I want to upgrade to the most realistic trucks on the market, BRT's, I am on the fence about getting mean green trucks, or super silvers. Super silvers go with any set up, but in the future( about 2-3 weeks) I'll be getting a BW Togui Yeti graphic. I think green would look best on that, and I can deal with off colors for a few weeks. What are your thoughts on this? tongue
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:08 am

Should have said this in the actual post, but I also can't decide between turqoise, or tan ff brr edition wheels
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 am

Honestly, I would just stick with silver, so you won't have to worry about it in the future, and silver brt's are just so beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:51 am

green. Since it's my favorite color

and turquoise. But I recommend Oaks also.
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:52 am

I agree about them looking great. The worst thing would be me not liking the silver, and painting them green, or getting dump trucks and tuning them
happy
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 am

Oaks would require modification, and I am terrified of messing up and destroying my trucks or wheels. I'm sure it's simple, but you never know
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 am

Oaks are brr edition wheels. I don't own brts though, but they're made for brts. I think that's the type of modification you're talking about? Turning them into brr editions?

Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 am

Well if they are BRR editon then I might try them. I meant I heard you sometimes have to glue the nut for them to work, and I don't have a steady hand, and might get it on the bearing.
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 am

Just checked and the wheels look great! And are an ok price, on a budget FF BRR or winkler brr editions are the way to go, and those are great wheels also
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:48 am

Oak wheels are around the same price as FF brt ed. wheels. They last longer and are much better for outdoors.

Get Silver BRts, they grind much smoother and last longer.

I personally would say get Ytrucks if you're on a budget. Why? They're less expensive, and have a higher quality in my opinion.

*I've tried both BRTs and Ytrucks, and both Oak wheels and FF brt ed. wheels. I also own all four.

Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:20 am

GunnerBoser wrote:
Oak wheels are around the same price as FF brt ed. wheels. They last longer and are much better for outdoors.

Get Silver BRts, they grind much smoother and last longer.

I personally would say get Ytrucks if you're on a budget. Why? They're less expensive, and have a higher quality in my opinion.

*I've tried both BRTs and Ytrucks, and both Oak wheels and FF brt ed. wheels. I also own all four.

I would go with ytrucks man.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 7:45 am

My friend has both bra trucks and ytrucks i got to say trucks are the best
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:29 am

I think you should get a set of silver Brt's or a set of Y-Trucks. They are almost the same good

Aww comon Gunner that signature haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 am

ytrucks are like 3 euros cheaper now they dont come with a tool and you need the Ykey.

for me it's all about brts, and I think FF brr eds are nicer than oaks but that's also my preference. depends what you like happy

As for colour, I personally love silver but if you want colour go for it, because it you ever get bored of the colour you can just gently sand the colour off with sandpaper or something.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:42 am

kerryDETH wrote:
ytrucks are like 3 euros cheaper now they dont come with a tool and you need the Ykey.
Whaaaaaaaat!? That sucks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I have Y trucks, and love them. I want to also try BRT's. I checked the price in a conversion currency website and oaks are 20 more expensive, with shipping. FF costs 2.50 or some where around there for me. It also takes about 2 days to finish the order.
Thanks for the help guys. This all will help me in my decision. Seeing as I already have y trucks, I do like to have completely different setups. The board I travel with is a BW, with china trucks and wheels, but my main setup has y trucks and y wheels.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:50 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:
Whaaaaaaaat!? That sucks
Kerry they now sell the old tools too..for like.. 3€
i'd recommend ytrucks, they are just as good as brt's AND basically all wheels fit them, also i'd recommend oaks, they are better imo, plus they are more durable and they have Mucho Feeling wink and they fit perfectly on brt's and ytrucks very happy
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah, I have Ytrucks, and love them, it's just that I like the locking nut system. I think Ytrucks should have them, but I got mine used at R13, so they might be missing. I also like that they snap back into place, and you can keep them as loose as you want.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:03 pm

laserfbs wrote:
Yeah, I have Ytrucks, and love them, it's just that I like the locking nut system. I think Ytrucks should have them, but I got mine used at R13, so they might be missing. I also like that they snap back into place, and you can keep them as loose as you want.
Ytrucks have lock nuts..they come with th trucks happy
Back to top Go down
laserfbs
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
laserfbs

Caprisun
Big ass nigga

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Cool. Might get another set, rather than drop 70 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Ytrucks
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Ytrucks

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 am

kerryDETH wrote:

From where you got the 3€??
35+10 =45€ if you go for the ykey or
35+3=38€ if you go for L-keys
Back to top Go down
http://www.ytrucks.com
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:54 am

Ytrucks wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:

or you can buy a computer key, which comes with all sizes of torx keys, allen keys, phillips keys and flathead keys for 5 euro, that is better than any tool and made from vanadium, an almost unbreakable form of steel happy
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:04 pm

sweetbabies wrote:
Ytrucks wrote:
kerryDETH wrote:

or you can buy a computer key, which comes with all sizes of torx keys, allen keys, phillips keys and flathead keys for 5 euro, that is better than any tool and made from vanadium, an almost unbreakable form of steel happy

Yes you could do that, or you can be a respectable fingerboarder and buy from a company that supports the fingerboarding scene instead of just filling their pockets with cash very happy
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

Companies : RIFUDG (RFDG)
Setup : SKOWOOD <3
BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 pm

laserfbs wrote:
Hey guys, I am thinking I want to upgrade to the most realistic trucks on the market, BRT's, I am on the fence about getting mean green trucks, or super silvers. Super silvers go with any set up, but in the future( about 2-3 weeks) I'll be getting a BW Togui Yeti graphic. I think green would look best on that, and I can deal with off colors for a few weeks. What are your thoughts on this? tongue

i would go with super silvers they are rad happy also love ytrucks but they don't make wide trucks sad
Back to top Go down
http://rifudg.bigcartel.com/
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm

sputnicwarriors wrote:
laserfbs wrote:

i would go with super silvers they are rad happy also love ytrucks but they don't make wide trucks sad
soon young sky walker..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BRT-Color Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRT-Color Choice   BRT-Color Choice Empty

Back to top Go down

BRT-Color Choice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next