Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalThoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on the Shooting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:41 pm

DimitarZlatarev wrote:
keelan W wrote:
DimitarZlatarev wrote:
Ikr.. ... Usa still haven't learned from their mistakes .. i remember something like this happened in Columbine if I'm right ? And now kinda the same thing..
the columbine happened because the kids were made fun of, not the same thing, and i am insulated by the fact that you say OUR mistakes , what mistakes have we made ?

Chill out bro.. I ain't talkin about you obviously.. I'm talking about government,police..

And yeah what about the cinema thing.. the dark knight rises premiere ? So yeah... How can a heavily armed person get in cinema or primary school .. I swear the columbine could be prevented if the fucking police wasn't chilling outside the school while the massacre was happening .. they were too scared to go in .. ffs
Too scared to go in? Are you kidding me?
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
DimitarZlatarev wrote:
keelan W wrote:
DimitarZlatarev wrote:
Ikr.. ... Usa still haven't learned from their mistakes .. i remember something like this happened in Columbine if I'm right ? And now kinda the same thing..
the columbine happened because the kids were made fun of, not the same thing, and i am insulated by the fact that you say OUR mistakes , what mistakes have we made ?

Chill out bro.. I ain't talkin about you obviously.. I'm talking about government,police..

And yeah what about the cinema thing.. the dark knight rises premiere ? So yeah... How can a heavily armed person get in cinema or primary school .. I swear the columbine could be prevented if the fucking police wasn't chilling outside the school while the massacre was happening .. they were too scared to go in .. ffs
Too scared to go in? Are you kidding me?

At least the documentary i watched on discovery showed it that way... The police was waiting infront of the school doing nothing.. I guess they didn't knew how many bad guys were there in the school is that why the police didn't go in ?? I might be wrong though..
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:02 am

You can't blame over 300,000 people for the foolish acts some people make...
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 am

The police aren't just going to go running in with their guns drawn when there's tons of kids trying to escape and they also don't always know how many shooters are in the school at the moment or even if they're still a threat. People are always going ridicule how the police handle situations. Even if they were somehow scared would you blame them? I know I would be.

Last edited by RyanMarshment on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 am

Your right and oh.. I can't really talk about this because I don't really know how things are and stuff ... I'm just giving my opinion/thoughts .. #peace

Last edited by DimitarZlatarev on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

Companies : Gentle and Cruel
Setup : Custom Red Wolf 32 mm

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:07 am

I personally believe all this post did was cause a problem. People begin to argue because they have their own personal opinions about the situation and some disagree with them. And I don't think it was smart to have posted this here.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 am

I agree^^. I didn't mean to come off as rude to Dimitar or ROss if I did. I think it's safe t osay that this is a very touchy subject. I think we can all agree that these reaccuring problems are something that needs to be handled though. There is most definitly something wrong with our society. This is just a touchy subject for me since like Javwad said ,There's a few different opinions and ways to look at this so I'm sorry if I said anything offensive.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 am

ross i just think that the way you generalized came off pretty rude. you can't judge our people because of the morons that decide to do this type of thing

edit: well, i suppose you can, but shouldn't
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 pm

and I hope I don't start another shitstorm, but do you think the people at the ticket booth in the theater or in the office at the school just let those guys in? They broke in by shooting down windows or doors or people. You can't judge a book by it's cover, right? Well America isn't ALL idiots and jerks and psychos.
Back to top Go down
Jake R
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jake R

Companies : ha
Setup : lovedrug
brt wides
sow S1

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:32 pm

bahahaha i knew there was going to be an arguement thats why i didnt comment when i saw the post. haha. everyone is going to have their ow opinions so i would even bother commenting if you havent.
Back to top Go down
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:55 pm

RyanMarshment wrote:
I agree^^. I didn't mean to come off as rude to Dimitar or ROss if I did. I think it's safe t osay that this is a very touchy subject. I think we can all agree that these reaccuring problems are something that needs to be handled though. There is most definitly something wrong with our society. This is just a touchy subject for me since like Javwad said ,There's a few different opinions and ways to look at this so I'm sorry if I said anything offensive.

Right! See we can all be mature and agree to disagree and just move on to a more positive post.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 pm

at the end of the day, what the shooter did was disgusting and wrong. you can blame who you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he took many lives. and i know we can all agree on that
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 pm

TaylorT wrote:
at the end of the day, what the shooter did was disgusting and wrong. you can blame who you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he took many lives. and i know we can all agree on that
amen brotha
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:47 pm

I completely disagree with you Jav, things like this NEED to be discussed.

And to everybody who has commented; I'm not sure if it's just me, but I honestly can't take people seriously when they comment on something serious like this and use improper grammar, spelling, and the like. It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Proofreading can go a long way!
Back to top Go down
Milkman
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Milkman

Setup : Homewood New Mold(orange bottom ply)
Flatface G5's(originals)
Custom tuning
Riptape Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Well....personally I don't care. Things like this happen everyday around the world, and people only seem to care when a particular one is broadcast on the news or other media source.

Caring about it is pointless. Me sitting around in a room going "oh geez, I feel bad that (insert event here) happened", isn't going to change the fact that it can/will happen again tomorrow somewhere else.

I live my life in acknowledgement. I see the event, I acknowledge the occurrence, and I move on. Discussions on things like this will NEVER make them stop happening, nor will it reduce the occurrence of the enough for the talks to have made an impact.

You can call me careless or a sociopath, what have you. But plenty of these things occur every single day and you don't hear about them and it doesn't affect your life in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 pm

Ben GP wrote:

And to everybody who has commented; I'm not sure if it's just me, but I honestly can't take people seriously when they comment on something serious like this and use improper grammar, spelling, and the like. It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Proofreading can go a long way!

Right but does it need to be discussed here? On a fingerboard forum? People are arguing as if something is going to change here. There are much better places to have these thoughts expressed. Talking about it here is just starting arguments between people because things come off the wrong way. To add on to that based on your age (15) you can't even vote yet so regardless where does this end up? You argue with some body and in the end all you get is offended. Why make a post just to argue with somebody who disagrees with you?
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 pm

JavWad wrote:
Ben GP wrote:

Right but does it need to be discussed here? On a fingerboard forum? People are arguing as if something is going to change here. There are much better places to have these thoughts expressed. Talking about it here is just starting arguments between people because things come off the wrong way. To add on to that based on your age (15) you can't even vote yet so regardless where does this end up? You argue with some body and in the end all you get is offended. Why make a post just to argue with somebody who disagrees with you?

Everybody can make a difference, no matter what.
Honestly, if you don't like threads like this then don't read them! Simple as that man. There is also a difference between arguing and debating. I'm not sure about anybody else, but I'm certainly not offended. It's a place to share ideas and opinions, not to argue just for the sake of it and offend people.
Back to top Go down
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 pm

lol. I think you need to read my post again. I'm not arguing this with you.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:48 pm

I have to agree with JavWad Ben. There's a right place and a wrong place to debate these types of topics. I think if people want to make them then they should be allowed to but I for one think that facebook or maybe FFI would be the place to take this sort of topic to?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Shooting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2