Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalOver-Tightening Truck Bolts Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Over-Tightening Truck Bolts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

Over-Tightening Truck Bolts Empty
PostSubject: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:33 am

Over the last month or so I have put 5 set ups together and have never come across truck bolts that have allowed me to over tighten them.This afternoon though I think that I may have done just this.The set up is a brand that I have no experience with and the bolts seemed to just keep turning as I tightened,and are now protruding about 2 mm. past the trucks(bottom side) are there some brands that just do this?Don't want to mention brand as it is quite well known and seriously I may have just gone too far.
Nez.
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:43 am

Just say the brand.. BRR or Ytrucks?
Or woody woodfvckers?
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:46 am

Its a Bollie complete set up.Wasn't sure if naming brands was frowned upon.
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:47 am

I am talking about the bolts that hold the trucks to the deck.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 7:53 am

Bollie trucks are just china trucks so you're not offending anyone happy

China trucks are often inconsistent, so it may have been a problem with the thread or the nut, but it's nothing to worry about shocked

The nuts don't have to be tightened fully, just tighten them gradually until your preference of tightness is reached happy Some people hardly screw the nut down, which makes their trucks loose, but some people screw it as far as they can because they prefer tight trucks!
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:05 am

Cheers but I am talking about the deck bolts,I should have written that in the first place.I am a little worried that I may have damaged the decks pop.Its a shame to hear that Bollie trucks are China made,I am trying to avoid Chinese stuff.What about the decks and the wheels,I am sure the box says made in Germany?
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:10 am

Ahhh, china trucks are fine happy It's just the decks and wheels to avoid tongue
Trucks are hard to produce, and China factories were making them long before they moved onto decks and wheels anyway shocked
Bollie wheels are made in Germany as far as I know, they just get them machined by a different company shocked
The decks are china, but apparently they have some control over them to make them batter? Can't remember the whole deal with them shocked They put the graphics on though ;D

And it shouldn't have affected the deck though, did it crack the deck of anything when you screwed them in? shocked
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:21 am

As far as I know I haven't cracked the deck,phewww. I've got to say having access to this forum is so good for me as where I live although skateboarding is well and truly alive here I am the only person I know who has developed a fingerboard obsession,so I thankyou UNITE and all who are on here,you are all teaching me.
Nez.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 pm

hey neztek, I think you are on about the screws that screw into the trucks an deck? when you say bolts I thought you meant the nuts? I have a few sets of screws that are a lot longer than others maybe you just got sum longer screws an thats why they seem to be sticking out of the bottom more???
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:20 pm

eddie Victory wrote:
hey neztek, I think you are on about the screws that screw into the trucks an deck? when you say bolts I thought you meant the nuts? I have a few sets of screws that are a lot longer than others maybe you just got sum longer screws an thats why they seem to be sticking out of the bottom more???

Your right I am talking about the screws,bare with me I have been skateboarding for almost 30 years and when I think of these things I think in skateboard terminology,still have a lot to learn and will eventually adjust to the little differences.Thanks for your response too.
Nez.
Back to top Go down
tizzy100
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
tizzy100

Companies : FINGERBOARDING C:
Setup : berlin wood wide low tky desk rocker red brt's 2.0s and substance thc'bs

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:46 am

i think i have over tightens bolts alot or they just wont thread at all i think i did it to my brrs and like 3 pairs of chinas it really just depends on the trucks and bolts you get i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over-Tightening Truck Bolts   Over-Tightening Truck Bolts Empty

Back to top Go down

Over-Tightening Truck Bolts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1