Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFBHQ idea  - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FBHQ idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

FBHQ idea  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Ryan wrote:
Ollie wrote:
It would be cool if owners of FB companies could pay for ads. I certainly wouldn't mind having a banner on the side for a week or two
What would that accomplish? Honest question.
We already have the scrolling banner so yeah oliver, why? haha

Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Bobbernaut wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Ollie wrote:
It would be cool if owners of FB companies could pay for ads. I certainly wouldn't mind having a banner on the side for a week or two
What would that accomplish? Honest question.
We already have the scrolling banner so yeah oliver, why? haha

So china companies can advertise their overpriced shit.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : FBHQ idea  - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:39 pm

I agree that it could be cool to be able to give away some bigger prices every once in a while.
I can see how advertisement could make that happen, but to me ads and banners ruin the layout.

Make them fingerboard ads you say?

What i like about this place is that everyone that wants to start a company have equal conditions. You can't buy the market by getting more advertisement place than a company that can't afford to pay for ads.

This way we ensure that the companies succeed mainly based on the talent of the person behind the company.

I think that one thing we could do would be having the companies in the scrolling banner make (or donate for) giveaways every once in a while.

Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm

okay how about the companies in the banner take turns at having a 1 deck giveaway every two weeks ?
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Nah, I don't think that is a good idea, then they are forced to give things..

But I do not think ads would ruin the lay out and stuff, like a small banner on the left of the page, Kerry makes money, he does bigger giveaways, more chance to win stuff
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:00 pm

Jack B. wrote:
okay how about the companies in the banner take turns at having a 1 deck giveaway every two weeks ?
That's quite a lot to ask for imo. At least for someone who has only one mold and so much time to make a stock. Obviously I'm not against giving away a deck for a good cause such as a give away but it kind of changes everything when you have to start changing how you work on decks because you have to worry about setting aside a deck when it's your turn to give away one.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:03 pm

okay i was thinking that ryan happy maybe every month ? but opposite of kerrys so like one every 2 weeks ?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Jack B. wrote:
okay i was thinking that ryan happy maybe every month ? but opposite of kerrys so like one every 2 weeks ?
I think maybe just have Kerry or whoever decides to run the give away pm everyone who he thinks can spare things to give? I mean I'm not really for more stuff to give away since Kerry already does a great job at running contests and give aways. I just feel that if everyone in the banner was required to give something away at a certain time during the month that it'd cause problems or make people feel pressured to keep up with the amount of things people were donating. Another thing that I remembered is that shipping has gone up so it now costs people in the US $7 to ship to the UK so imagine having to set aside an extra $7 each month. That adds up especially if you're selling your decks for only $18-$20.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Ryan wrote:
Jack B. wrote:
I think maybe just have Kerry or whoever decides to run the give away pm everyone who he thinks can spare things to give? I mean I'm not really for more stuff to give away since Kerry already does a great job at running contests and give aways. I just feel that if everyone in the banner was required to give something away at a certain time during the month that it'd cause problems or make people feel pressured to keep up with the amount of things people were donating. Another thing that I remembered is that shipping has gone up so it now costs people in the US $7 to ship to the UK so imagine having to set aside an extra $7 each month. That adds up especially if you're selling your decks for only $18-$20.
very good point ryan, so what your saying is that if people can spare stuff for the giveaway then so be it and maybe some months there are 5 winners of 5 different prizes or 1 winner of one prize ? or 1 perso wins all 5 things ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FBHQ idea    FBHQ idea  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FBHQ idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2