Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGrain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grain PART CLOSURE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:14 am

They look pretty sick!
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:16 am

That shape is sweeeet!
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 am

okay guys im gonna come out and say it , what am i doing wrong ? why is no-one wanting to buy my decks ? feedback please and constructive criticism is great tongue
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 am

These decks look great and if i was in your position i would also be wondering why people are not buying these decks as they are cheap and look great. 

I would try and hand some out to people, this would encourage people to get them because they dont wont to feel left out and missing out on something great.

People might be slightly hesitant to get one as your decks have not been around for long at all.

Im not saying you should do this but im just suggesting what i would do in your situation, hope i have helped
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:33 am

Yeah, maybe give a few decks out for review purposes. 
Good review will result in sales man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 am

Jack B. wrote:
okay guys im gonna come out and say it , what am i doing wrong ? why is no-one wanting to buy my decks ? feedback please and constructive criticism is great tongue

A lot of people that start making decks to sell thinks that all it takes is to make them and put them up on a website.

The thing is, decks don't sell that fast. It might take months for a stock to sell out.

Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 1:57 pm

okay thanks everyone for the advice tongue i have a plan muahaha lol
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:15 pm

What he said..

And the ridiculous cheap pricing and the fact that you offer free blem decks and dont snap them and throw them in the bin where they belong isnt exactly something someone building a sought after quality brand (or reputation in the commnity for that matter) would do..

The fact that you are already asking questions about not getting any sales in the very place you would want to advertise your products and maybe get your first customers isnt exactly helping you out in that context either.....sorry.. awkward
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Bakko wrote:
What he said..

And the ridiculous cheap pricing and the fact that you offer free blem decks and dont snap them and throw them in the bin where they belong isnt exactly something someone building a sought after quality brand (or reputation in the commnity for that matter) would do..

The fact that you are already asking questions about not getting any sales in the very place you would want to advertise your products and maybe get your first customers isnt exactly helping you out in that context either.....sorry.. awkward

Kidding right..? Flatface sold blemish decks to people for a higher price then he is selling his perfect decks, and him giving them away is a problem..Logic. Many companies sell products that aren't up to their standards for a lower price, Electronic companies, clothing companies, and like what i said up there, fingerboard companies, and him GIVING them away for free is bad..?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:26 pm

What Bakko said is that if you want your company to get known for great quality, then it's not smart to throw a bunch of below standard decks out.

Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
What Bakko said is that if you want your company to get known for great quality, then it's not smart to throw a bunch of below standard decks out.

Companies like Bose Jl audio sell blemish products for a smaller price. I understand what bakko is saying, I just completely disagree. Next time you intervene, say something that is an actual reply to my post. #Winning.
Back to top Go down
MapleLeaf
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
MapleLeaf

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide low
BRT wide
Flatface x Winkler
FBS
Sprinkle of fairy dust

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Great looking decks!! Amazing shape too.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

You are still missing the point huggie. This is "Grain", a totally unknown fingerboard company. It's not flatface, bose or any other known company.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
You are still missing the point huggie. This is "Grain", a totally unknown fingerboard company.  It's not flatface, bose or any other known company.

It is F.R.E.E , And is ADMITTEDLY A BLEMISHED PRODUCT. It DOESN'T prove in any way that his actual product is low quality. Apply the concept to hungry children, just because say this food company has slightly out of date food, should they not GIVE that product away because it is slightly inferior?shocked
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Maybe you'd understand if you didn't eat your decks, lacquer is not healthy.
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:53 pm

It just looks and sounds better if you keep your blems/mess ups to your self, make people feel like only perfect decks see the light of day, at least for a new "company"
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
Maybe you'd understand if you didn't eat your decks, lacquer is not healthy.

How about not trying to change the way I said something. Waste is waste. If you can use something, or use something that would otherwise be thrown away..do it.Maybe you'd understand if you were using you brain, being ignorant on the internet is not healthy.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:03 am

Dude.. who put sand in your vagina?

Calm down, and look at the posts. Notice how the people that actually have experience in the deck making business pretty much agree that giving out blems from the start is a bad idea?

It's not about waste, its about making sure that no one can say they saw a bad looking Grain deck.
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:09 am

Mikkel S wrote:
Dude.. who put sand in your vagina?

Calm down, and look at the posts. Notice how the people that actually have experience in the deck making business pretty much agree that giving out blems from the start is a bad idea?

It's not about waste, its about making sure that no one can say they saw a bad looking Grain deck.

If no company would of did anything differently, america wouldn't have the products that is has today. Just because Every other deck maker is proving themself to be a wasteful prick, doesn't mean it isn't wrong. And again, the fucking blems are free, if someone complains about a free deck,then they are the people that are wrong, not the person kind enough to give out a FREE deck.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 am

You are still not getting the point, and I really can't be assed to explain it since you are being rude.

Have a break
Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 Kit-Kat-kitkat-26578182-320-320
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:17 am

Its not about waste.... makes your company look bad..
 I have watched how high end things whatnot are made and if something is off during an part of the process they do not finish it, also I don't see them giving them out for free anywhere

Idk if this example makes sense to you but yea
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:06 am

okay thanks everyone for the advice, i may have a short deal/sale coming up soon tongue thanks for the comments guys happy
Back to top Go down
keiranclen
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
keiranclen

Setup : Skate grip
OG Deck
TD LB trucks
FF G6 wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:06 am

if any of your blems are shaped badly, you should turn them into cruisers ^-^
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 pm

keiranclen wrote:
if any of your blems are shaped badly, you should turn them into cruisers ^-^
most blems are just very miniscule errors tongue
Back to top Go down
Flop-E
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Flop-E

Setup : Temple
BRT
FF G5 BRR ED
Rip S'n'M

Temple
YTruckX4
Oaks
FBS (recycled)

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Jack you know what I'm gonna buy a deck when I get back from france
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grain PART CLOSURE    Grain PART CLOSURE  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grain PART CLOSURE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next