Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAll these blogs Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All these blogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 pm

seriously there's so many fucking fingerboard blogs these days it's ridiculous. The only one I actually follow is Unite, and sometimes FBTV. But really I see these comments like

"Hey sick I put this video on my blog fbspotkittycat.orangesoda.friendshipforever.com/winnebagofarts !"

like, the fuck is that. do other people actually follow these blogs or is it just me who is like "i don't get it"
Back to top Go down
keiranclen
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
keiranclen

Setup : Skate grip
OG Deck
TD LB trucks
FF G6 wheels.

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:49 pm

You lied to us, that isn't a fingerboarding blog http://fbspotkittycat.orangesoda.friendshipforever.com/ lololol
But neh, i actually haven't seen any comments like that.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : All these blogs J9VuKBZ

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Yea, it seems pretentious and annoying, but when you think of it, they are just letting people know that they posted their stuff somewhere.

If i posted one of your vids on my blog, wouldn't you like to know?
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Lol, Ben. I have noticed the same thing.
But as Mikkel said, they enjoyed your video, and are trying to get your name out happy
I have nothing against people who start blogs, but I'm gonna laugh really hard if it becomes a trend haha.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
Yea, it seems pretentious and annoying, but when you think of it, they are just letting people know that they posted their stuff somewhere.

If i posted one of your vids on my blog, wouldn't you like to know?
yeah I know what you mean. I'm not ranting about the comments themselves, just the fact that it seems everyone and their mother's cat has a fingerboard blog now.
Back to top Go down
keiranclen
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
keiranclen

Setup : Skate grip
OG Deck
TD LB trucks
FF G6 wheels.

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Hey man! Really love what you are doing with this topic! Posted it on my blog!
http://fbspotkittycat.simplesite.com/
This is the world best blog, i get £10000 a day from it!
I'M TOO BORED!
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 2:05 pm

The only fingerboard blogs I follow are Unite, sometimes FBTV, Blosom, Cyclone, Ace (but Bart doesn't regularly post), Tech Deck's Facebook. I think Fingercan is cool too although I can't read it.
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:34 am

Meh. IMHO, most of these blogs kinda do it for fame and for a chance to get free stoof to review, wanting to be like unite so I don't follow them really.
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 3:35 am

I only follow Unite and Blosom.

All the blogs don't really bother me, as long as they're just doing it for fun. If it's for fame/free stuff like Oscar said, there isn't really a point to follow them.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:59 am

I totally respect everyone's right to start a blog. HOWEVER.. some of the names, and then their names mixed with subdomains, do make me laugh. like 'it's on asdjaskljdlkajsd.mooo.nipples.indianfingerboardershot4u.com.uk.nz.gbp.sek'

Like.. a .com is soo cheap, if these people wanted to take their blogs serious enough to do it every day, why not buy a domain? You're talking like £6 a year. That's probably the thing that I don't get most shocked
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:12 am

I have no problem with people who start blogs but it's when people don't commit to it and just do it for pure fame and free stuff. I think it's great that there are more blogs because it gets the word out about fingerboarding and different fingerboarders. I have found some of my favourite fingerboarders through blogs and I doubt I would have found them if I hadn't looked at blogs.

My favourite blogs are Unite, FBTV and the Blosom blog because Unite and FBTV are updated everyday and Blosom is updated quite regularly. Unite and Blosom also have taught me more about the UK scene and how big it is as I had no clue about a scene in the UK before I saw Unite and Blosom. Unite and FBTV and updated everyday and I can see the best photos and videos in the world, I can also see new products and reviews from different points of views. If all these small blogs started to follow Unite, FBTV and Blosom etc I would have no problem with it but obviously they shouldn't just copy them otherwise I won't check it.

I think I've summed up my thoughts there, but yeah. happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Sponsored content

All these blogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: All these blogs   All these blogs Empty

Back to top Go down

All these blogs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1