Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBig Construction Rapid Quarter Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review Empty
PostSubject: Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review   Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 am

This obstacle was sent to me by Pete (The Norwood Project) in a sponsor pack and I thought I'd say thankyou in return by reviewing this. Firstly, this is a great ramp and I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a quarter pipe. Pictures first then..
Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review WhIHoqf
Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review YtwpDIu
Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review N9fGJ5X
The dimensions of the Big Construction Rapid Quarter are:
Height- 66mm
Width- 120mm
Length- 215mm

First Impressions: As you can see, it is well-crafted, the transition looks great and "rapid", the overall quality was amazing. I also realized that the top deck is wider than a BRR Pocket Quarter which allows you to do manuals on the top of this whereas on the BRR Pocket Quarter, you can't as the top deck is too short. So, it's safe to say a 10/10

Craftsmanship- The craftsmanship on this ramp is flawless. I couldn't find any problems with it to be fair apart from one minor one. On the top deck, the side where the coping is attached to isn't cut straight, but it really doesn't affect the performance of this as the coping pretty much covers it and you won't feel any difference. This really doesn't matter as it doesn't affect anything and it's really hard to notice. Other than that, everything is great; the corners are rounded off nicely, it sits flat on the ground (it doesn't look like it on the picture because I have non-slides on the back. It's also made out of light wood so it's easy to take with you if you're going somewhere and you want to take it. The only thing with taking it in a bag or if you drop it is that where the transition meets the ground it's really thin and feels like I could snap it with my bare hands so I would take extra care when putting it in a bag. I think that a 9/10 is a good score for craftsmanship.

Performance- The performance of this quarter pipe is amazing. Those that have tried one will know this. The transition is pretty much perfect as it flows really nicely. However, a problem with the transition being tight is that it's pretty hard to do some flip tricks such as tre flips and nollie flips. This is expected though as it is a 'rapid' quarter and the transition is made to be tight. There are many ways you can use the quarter, for example you can use it as a quarter, wooden ledge and coping ledge. The wood also grinds really smoothly as well as the coping. The coping doesn't need any wax at all as it is stainless steel and grinds really smooth. I can't really say much more in performance as it performs amazing and the only downside is not being able to do tricks such as tre flips and nollie tricks, however, that's expected on a small quarter pipe. 10/10

Overall- Overall this ramp is a perfect quarter pipe for anyone looking to buy a quarter pipe. The craftsmanship is amazing, it performs amazing so I can gurantee you that you will not be disappointed with this. Another great thing about these is that they're pretty cheap at £19.50 from The Norwood Project, so if you have a spare £20, you know where to go ;)Thanks for reading this review and if you have any questions feel free to ask below or message me on facebook or PM me. 9.75/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review J9VuKBZ

Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review   Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 12:46 pm

I have it aswell.. The craftmanship is mindblowing, but it is a bit too low to be a regular quarter IMO.

It's a fun street kinda quarter though, and i would recommend it for anyone!
Back to top Go down

Big Construction Rapid Quarter Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1