Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat is your style? Technical or basic? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your style? Technical or basic?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

What is your style? Technical or basic? Empty
PostSubject: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:18 am

I've seen a lot of fingerboarding videos where people do tons of technical tricks combos and I'm wondering is that any better than just doing nice clean basic tricks.

I can be super technical if I want to be, but sometimes I like going back to the basics and focus on doing really nice and clean solid basic tricks.

So I guess my style is more of a basic one.

What is your style? Do you prefer to do tons of trick combos or do more simpler and basic stuff?
Back to top Go down
Jayden H.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Jayden H.

Setup : FF G15 Zeph Engraved
FBS(duh?)
Wide Brts w/green witchcraft bushings
FF BRR edition Turquoise

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:20 am

Cleeaann tricks
Back to top Go down
BandBricks
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BandBricks

Companies : Witchcraft, Berlinwood, Flatface, NZFB
Setup : Flatface G14, BRR Trucks 2.0, Winklr Wheels,
Rip Tape

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:36 am

Realistic  farao 
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:39 am

i cant even ollie
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:00 am

Im not extremely good yet, but good enough to just keep it real and lay down good-flowing, solid, clean, stylish lines with just basic tricks. Could fingerboard that way for hours. Especially since you can land things more frequently. Instead of throwing in lots of flip tricks and crazy stuff and trying the same combo a million times. But, eventually being able to lay down insane bangers would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
czehn94
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
czehn94

Setup : zonawood 32mm
fbs
chemistry trucks
g7.1 brandon roberts

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:07 am

sometimes ill go for technical and sometimes ill just keep it basic. i like to switch back and forth because i dont like to stick to one style
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 am

i like to make my tricks really sort of mellow and try to catch them pretty high to ensure that it all flows smoothly happy
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:32 am

Basic is kind of a harsh word, Perhaps realistic and simplistic would be more suiting. 

I like simple and clean, personally.
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 am

"Styles tend to not only separate men - because they have their own doctrines and then the doctrine became the gospel truth that you cannot change. But if you do not have a style, if you just say: Well, here I am as a human being, how can I express myself totally and completely? Now, that way you won't create a style, because style is a crystallization. That way, it's a process of continuing growth."
-Bruce Lee
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:06 am

I get all of my influence from skate videos, fingerboard videos are boring to me. So often I re-create tricks from my favorite videos and most of the time they are pretty basic, but ill do it like 30 times in a row to try and make it look just like the video haha
Back to top Go down
mb90
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Berlinwood Wide with FBS Smooth Tape
Ytrucks X3's with Orings Revolution Soft
Flatface G6's

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:10 am

appleyard14 wrote:
I get all of my influence from skate videos, fingerboard videos are boring to me. So often I re-create tricks from my favorite videos and most of the time they are pretty basic, but ill do it like 30 times in a row to try and make it look just like the video haha

Agree. I also prefer doing realistic skateboarding tricks... Doing super technical combo's like combining grinds on multiple rails and boxes with 360 heelflips and stuf is cool... But that's just not realistic...
Back to top Go down
Braedan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Braedan

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:06 am

I am getting into More Realistic type of style I am not sure if that makes me bad? Not wanting to do tech but thats why i havent been uploading i cant seem to get tech tricks up to todays standards
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : What is your style? Technical or basic? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:12 am

Don't worry about standards.. standard people are boring.
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:48 am

Realism is the way forward in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 12:49 pm

yeah i like realistic. finger boarding is scaled down skateboarding right? so there is no need to land a 720 flip on flat, or a 15 foot air on a 4 foot replica qp.
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:11 pm

Style is expressing yourself. The better you get at your art (in this case be it fingerboarding) the better you can express your inner person, The better you get at expressing what you have that no one else has. Once your fingerboarding is completely unique, that is the epitome of self expression. Everyone's style will at some point if they put enough time in be completely unique, it just takes the time and energy to get there. People who have put the most time in are most pleasurable to watch because they can use their fingerboards the easiest and they can fully express themselves without trouble.
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :
my setup seriously does resemble a pickle

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:33 pm

My style.

I'd say it is Testical.

A mixture of technical and basic.
Back to top Go down
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Braedan wrote:
I am getting into More Realistic type of style I am not sure if that makes me bad? Not wanting to do tech but thats why i havent been uploading i cant seem to get tech tricks up to todays standards
It doesn't make you bad at all. Don't worry about standards. I tend to fb very realistically and have only put a handful of technical tricks into my videos just to add a bit of variety. When I fb off camera, my tricks are almost 100% realistic, which probably stems from me skateboarding in the past. Do what you love, and don't worry about impressing people with your videos. Personally, I enjoy watching videos of realistic tricks much more than very technical stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
LegacyFS
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
LegacyFS

Setup : Qdeck
BRT 2.0 Super Silver Wides
Substance THCa
Ace 3
-------------------

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 2:22 pm

i can ollie
Back to top Go down
HotcheeseFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HotcheeseFB

Setup : Berlinwood
Bollie Trucks + Wheels
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 pm

I dont really like tech it makes it look kinda stupid honestly, clean smooth tricks like fakie tre nose grinds <3
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Realistic and simple <3

Post 2400 btw!
Back to top Go down
BUMPYknuckles
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BUMPYknuckles

Setup : .

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:49 pm

kinda all over the place
Back to top Go down
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Simple and clean, but occasionally tech
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:40 pm

LegacyFS wrote:
i can ollie

Pics or it never happened.
Back to top Go down
sweetbabies
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
sweetbabies

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

bro i do what i feel like doing first try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your style? Technical or basic?   What is your style? Technical or basic? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your style? Technical or basic?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next