Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMy BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keniffg
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Keniffg

Setup : Deck: WOOB COZY is the main one I am using now! !
Grip:Tuck Tape
Truck:White Blackriver Trucks w/ witchcraft bushings
Wheels: Oak wheels always!!!

My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? Empty
PostSubject: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 12:35 am

On one side of my new tie dye G14 I got one of my blackriver trucks on. My nose section of the board it is like the hardware isn't long enough to engage the truck base plate. Either its to thick or the holes are not countersunk well enough!! I only live in a studio apartment so I do not have a lot of tools to work with. Does anyone know what I can or should do????  Please help!!!  awkward
Back to top Go down
MikeSchneider161
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MikeSchneider161

Companies : FlatFace

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:38 am

So sorry about that! There were a few decks that got out by mistake which had countersinks that were barely deep enough and may be a little difficult to get the screws through to the truck. They're all fixed now but sorry that you got one. If you'd like to send it back I can fix it for you, or if you'd like to do it yourself it is really easy as well, you can try:

Use a (1/8?) drill bit by hand and just twist it inside the top of the hole, it will countersink it more and is pretty easy. Before I had a drillpress I did it by hand back in the day like this.

Or

Use a brr tool or td tool and push+rotate it in the countersink, at different angles to increase the size of the countersink. This is a little more difficult since the tool is a bit smaller than the size hole you need, but if you do it at angles you can get it to work.

I'll gladly fix the board for you if you would like to send me it back, and I can either give you some bushings or a small value item or reimburse you for the shipping. Let me know!
Back to top Go down
Keniffg
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Keniffg

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:56 am

Mike thank you so much for responding to this post it lets me know that you definitely have customer satisfaction in mind. It just confirms for me that your a cool guy like I assumed and hopefully we can fingerboard together some day!! Its a little late tonight, but tomorrow I will go to the hardware store and buy a !/8 inch drill bit and give it a try myself to fix it! I really appreciate the info on how to fix it I just hope I don't mess it up so I will just twist a little at a time and try to put the truck on till it works. I should be able to work it out. If for some reason I cant or get cold feet I will respond on here and send it to you to fix and I am glad to even have that option!!  Ok well #FINGERBOARD4LIFE #STAY EMANANT AND #FLATFACE AND EMANANT ROCK
p.s-I sent Drake an Emanant Tryout video and who knows maybe he will like it and put me on the team that would be legendary. Also I definitely intend on going to next years Rendezvous!! stay cool bro!
Back to top Go down
JesseWormald
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JesseWormald

Setup : Woob rlx~
BRR
FFFBS

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:27 pm

this thread is legit as fuck
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/goombamuffins
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:33 pm

JesseWormald wrote:
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:22 pm

parrish wrote:
JesseWormald wrote:

Someone got a boner in this thread
Back to top Go down
Keniffg
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Keniffg

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey mike the drill bit thing is starting to work so thank you very much for the tips on how to fix it and I appreciate the option to send it back. I am pretty sure I have a handle on it now!! STAY EMANANT AND FINGERBOARD AND SKATE 4LIFE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:06 am

callumfb95 wrote:
parrish wrote:
JesseWormald wrote:

Someone got a boner in this thread
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
blake spicer
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : woodnote 31.5mm
brt32
Winklers
wc
rip s&c

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:50 am

i had the same problem with my g14. i just said fuck it and used tech deck screws on the outside four to make sure the trucks were screwed down sturdy enough since the tops of the td screws are smaller. then used four brt screws to finish it up. it was annoying at first, but not to big of a deal. regardless, its working out fine now. lol.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:56 am

there are some tech decks where they have a special indented rectangle on them for the trucks to sit in and then there are some tech decks which don't have this.

the tech decks which dont have this use longer screws. so you might just want to try out a tech deck with longer screws and see if that works.
Back to top Go down
blake spicer
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : woodnote 31.5mm
brt32
Winklers
wc
rip s&c

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 4:57 am

thats what i used. the screws that are super long for the red spark risers haha
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:13 am

blake spicer wrote:
thats what i used. the screws that are super long for the red spark risers haha

you mean the fire foot series from tech deck...... yep i remember that!
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:41 am

Using Tech Deck screws can fuck up the threads in your BRTs. I wouldn't recommend it. Countersinking is definitely the way to go.
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:31 am

i would send it back to him because i wouldnt wanna fuck up the countersinks.
Back to top Go down
Keniffg
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Keniffg

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:30 pm

I fixed it just fine yall!! I wasn't that hard to get a drill bit and twist it in there by hand!! Yeah I have already messed up one hole on my BRTs with tech deck screws so forget that cause I had to order a new base plate because of it!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???   My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do??? Empty

Back to top Go down

My BRT hardware isnt long enough to fit on my G14 what do I do???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1