Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAnyone want to give me a setup? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone want to give me a setup?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
glasssofOJ
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Anyone want to give me a setup? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 am

So first of all I don't know where to post this and I'm totally not trying to be a dick and just get free stuff.

Let me explain: I've been fingerboarding for over a decade. I fell in love with it from the moment I first tried it. I was always doing it when I was growing up, annoying the hell out of my Dad with it (but he still let me do it lol), doing it at the grocery store, walmart, etc... (and still do haha). However, all I have ever used and/or was able to afford were and still are (Due to bills + fines for stupid shit I regret) Techdecks. However even now those are becoming hard to find unless I go to target (which hardly has any anymore) because Walmart in my town stopped selling them.

You can check me out @ youtube.com/glasssofOJ to see that I am actually a pretty decent fingerboarder (Far from the best though haha) that is passionate about it and not just some little kid that can't even ollie without 3 fingers who is just looking for free shit.

Now I know I have nothing special about me that should deserve anything free, I understand, and if no one gives me a damn thing oh well. However if you happen to have an extra set up that you totally wouldn't mind parting with or an old one that you never use (Or even just a deck/trucks/wheels/grip/anything) and want to give a passionate fingerboarder his first non techdeck then I'd be more than stoked.

If you want too then just PM me, if not and you think I'm a mooch or a douche/dick, or whatever, that's fine lol. I probably am. Just trying to see if there are any generous people out there or ones that are fortunate enough to have multiple set ups.

Thanks in advance.

PS Sorry for the over use of parentheses. Just a nasty habit.
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:48 am

anyone that uses the word parentheses can surely afford 2 buy a set up lol

http://levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com/product/level-up-fingerboard-product-development

dont be a scrounger just buy a cheap deck!
Back to top Go down
glasssofOJ
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:59 am

eddie Victory wrote:
anyone that uses the word parentheses can surely afford 2 buy a set up lol

http://levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com/product/level-up-fingerboard-product-development

dont be a scrounger just buy a cheap deck!

Oh shit man thanks fr the link. Those level Ups actually look super good and I love tiny tails + huge shovel looking noses.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:00 pm

This makes me realise how lucky I am to have the great setup I own now. You are very good and it makes me sad to see that people with your skill are held down by there equipment.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Why can't you buy your own, exactly?
Back to top Go down
glasssofOJ
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Robert wrote:
Why can't you buy your own, exactly?
I've never had the chance to have extra money (Poor family) but now that I'm living on my own every cent I make goes to bills and other expenses.

I realize I come off as an asshole just asking for free stuff but I was just seeing if anyone had anything to spare that they'd be willing to toss my way that's all.
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:38 pm

I want to slap myself for posting this, but check out some of the china companies like broken knuckle fingerboards or 4corner fingerboards. The stuff is all mass produced crap (made in china) but it is definitely a step above techdecks and I even started out with a china deck. My first fingerboard was a broken knuckle complete. It has bearing wheels, comes with grip, a tool, trucks, hardware, and a wooden deck. And it was only like $13.... You can save up $13 over some time Im guessing.
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:32 am

If you are in the uk i could maybe hook you up with a setup ? tongue
Back to top Go down
glasssofOJ
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Jack B. wrote:
in the states but thanks anyway. I appreciate the intentions.
Back to top Go down
SiCar
SiCar

Companies : Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Jack B. wrote:

Nice guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cartwheels.bigcartel.com
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:50 pm

glasssofOJ wrote:
Jack B. wrote:
in the states but thanks anyway. I appreciate the intentions.
ahh sorry man, postage would be too much tongue
Back to top Go down
brodyees
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
brodyees

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:59 pm

You have a better camera than mine... im sure that if you just took another shift or 2 at your work you could have a professional fb setup no questions asked, dont be so lazy and buy one. Its worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:25 am

$20 for a decent set up and you're good to go man. A good chunk of the forum members are under 16 so I'm not sure how comfortable you'd feel taking free stuff from them. Just slowly upgrade parts if you don't want to buy china.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Taylor
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Matthew Taylor

Setup : Berlinwood, BRTs, WC, Winks, FBS.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 am

brodyees wrote:
You have a better camera than mine... im sure that if you just took another shift or 2 at your work you could have a professional fb setup no questions asked, dont be so lazy and buy one. Its worth it.
That is kinda harsh. Your 16 so I doubt you need to pay the bills at home. Telling him he is lazy is and should work harder is dumb. The economy is bad at the moment and lots of people are struggling to make ends meat to keep a house, food and clothes. Be greatful you have what you have got because other people just cant afford it.
Back to top Go down
WillyDemon
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
WillyDemon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:33 am

I got you bro hit me up willdominguez7@gmail
Back to top Go down
brodyees
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
brodyees

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:41 am

MattFingers wrote:
brodyees wrote:
That is kinda harsh. Your 16 so I doubt you need to pay the bills at home. Telling him he is lazy is and should work harder is dumb. The economy is bad at the moment and lots of people are struggling to make ends meat to keep a house, food and clothes. Be greatful you have what you have got because other people just cant afford it.

OH PLEASE. CRY ME A RIVER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to give me a setup?   Anyone want to give me a setup? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to give me a setup?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1