Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarding is Dying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JRskatr
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
JRskatr

Companies : Homewood Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood New Mold
New Foamy Greatness
YTrucks & NC wheels

Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 4:47 pm

If you go on Instagram, you'll see that the scene is alive and well. The forum scene however is dying. It's just a shift of attention that's all. Everyone used to give a ton of attention to FFI for example and that place is like a ghost town now. This forum is a little bit more active but still, doesn't come close to Instagram.

Go on Instagram and search #fingerboard and you'll see a TON of pictures. There are hundreds of photos added almost every day.  In fact Daewon Song even commented on one of my posts just yesterday! (still freaking out about that lol)

There are also now about 70-100 deck companies, do some searching on Instagram and you'll immediately find 20 companies you've never heard of... So fingerboarding is indeed alive, but since everyone is on mobile devices these days, Instagram is the cool place to be at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.homewoodfb.com
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Is it true only thirty people went to vous???
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:42 pm

JACKSON. wrote:

The early ones were super small, it wasn't up until Vous 5 I believe when Mike found a bigger location.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
jackson
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
jackson

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 8:10 pm

JessM wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

The early ones were super small, it wasn't up until Vous 5 I believe when Mike found a bigger location.

My bad, I knew that haha. I read your post saying 30 people, and thought you meant only 30 people went to the recent ones. Like vous 13 and 14 or whatever number mikes at now haha.
Back to top Go down
danielrocks5
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
danielrocks5

Setup : Board: Berlinwood Xwide Mothership graphic
Trucks: Ytrucks X4 black and yellow
Wheels: Northwoods Snugs orange and black
Tape: Riptape slim and catchy

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:22 pm

mikes has rendezvous 19 coming up on saturday
Back to top Go down
Roxas
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Roxas

Setup : Prete 6009 31mm
Brr trucks regs with brt black bushings
Flatface Brr edition Green and black wheels
Foamy greatness

Awwwww yeah~

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:38 pm

JessM wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

Sorry to suddenly make a comment, but u wanted to confirm this quickly because I first hand know this. The first four rendezvous' were in mikes driveway because he only invited a (arguably big) handful of people to such events, and hosted them in his driveway. As the popularity grew and 'Vous five came upon us in November of 2008, Mike was able to gain usage of a local church dining hall to host it in! With such, it was the first even he held that was open to the public.
I myself along with my younger brother, convinced out father to drive us 12 hours to this event. The journey was long and stressful, but in time.. We made it. I still remember that day, how out of place I felt even with it ALL being about fingerboarding! I remember I use to use three fingers at that time, and I had to pray to land a decent kick flip. Man.... It's crazy how time flies
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Roxas wrote:
JessM wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

Sorry to suddenly make a comment, but u wanted to confirm this quickly because I first hand know this. The first four rendezvous' were in mikes driveway because he only invited a (arguably big) handful of people to such events, and hosted them in his driveway. As the popularity grew and 'Vous five came upon us in November of 2008, Mike was able to gain usage of a local church dining hall to host it in! With such, it was the first even he held that was open to the public.
I myself along with my younger brother, convinced out father to drive us 12 hours to this event. The journey was long and stressful, but in time.. We made it. I still remember that day, how out of place I felt even with it ALL being about fingerboarding! I remember I use to use three fingers at that time, and I had to pray to land a decent kick flip. Man.... It's crazy how time flies

I know for a fact 2 was open to the public, and I'm pretty sure 1 was as well. Mike just had people sign up for it on FFI and capped the amount of people he let come. I'll never forgive him for it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
Roxas
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Roxas

Setup : Prete 6009 31mm
Brr trucks regs with brt black bushings
Flatface Brr edition Green and black wheels
Foamy greatness

Awwwww yeah~

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 pm

JessM wrote:
Roxas wrote:
JessM wrote:
JACKSON. wrote:

I know for a fact 4 was open to the public, and I'm pretty sure 3 was as well. Mike just had people sign up for it on FFI and capped the amount of people he let come.
Well wait, I meant people outside of FFI for 'Vous 5! My bad aha xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding is Dying?   Fingerboarding is Dying? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarding is Dying?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2