Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalVaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Empty
PostSubject: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Img_7113

This is the first of a few reviews that I'll be doing of products by a company called Vaudeville.
This is a very different and unique type of fingerboard company that makes a wide range of fingerboard products that are very realistic.
See for yourself at www.Vaudevilleskate.com.

The product I'll be reviewing today is one of the Vaudeville Newspaper stands.
Keep in mind that this one I am reviewing is not what they all specifically look like. Each one is hand painted and stickered, plus there are many different styles, varieties, and kinds.

Dimensions:
Height: 2 3/4 inches (7cm)
Base: 1 x 1 1/4 inches (2.5 x 3.3cm)

Pricing:
Since each newspaper stand is hand painted and stickered to great detail, these run for $15 each.
For those who want to customize their own, he also offers completely blank white ones.
Considering the work that goes into each individual newspaper stand, I'd say it is definitely worth the cost.

Shipping:
After I placed my order, my items were shipped the next day. I ordered quite a few other things along with this, so it came in a box with lots of extras, stickers, and very professional packaging. It was pretty evident right out of the box that a lot of time and care goes into these products. He also offers free shipping for all orders over $50.

First Impressions:
I was very impressed with the all of the products right away - I knew that each was hand painted but didn't realize the immense amount of tiny details that go into each newspaper stand. The owner does a great job at making each newspaper stand look realistic.

Craftsmanship:
Simply put, these small newspaper stand are miniature works of art.
The details are incredible - it has everything from the newspaper insert, sticker bombs, graffiti tags, and painted 'dirt' and 'scratches' to make it look like it's straight off the streets. It also has the logo of Vaudeville engraved into the back and a non-slider bottom.

Overall:
It is great to do tricks over, place in a park, or use for photos. I'm very impressed with the amount of details and time that go into his products. It's small, light, and easy to carry around/move to any spot. I also did a drop set with this, and it survived multiple drops without breaking or chipping. It is a solid, sturdy, small, and unique obstacle that I'd recommend to anyone.

Photos:

Side/Front Views:
Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Img_7110
Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Img_7111
Back view:
Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Img_7112

The website for Vaudeville is www.Vaudevilleskate.com

I'll be doing more reviews on products from there soon, as well as some edits with these products so keep an eye out for those! happy
Back to top Go down
rk fb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
rk fb

Setup : Orangewood 33mm
clear cnc lathe
white chinas
creamy goo

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:39 pm

not trying to be too negative but... is it necessary to review a newspaper stand? you can't do any tricks on it, its just a decoration.
Back to top Go down
funkbuda
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
funkbuda

Setup : KINGSFOIL
TDLB's/WC's
OAK's
TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 12:42 am

rk fb wrote:
not trying to be too negative but... is it necessary to review a newspaper stand? you can't do any tricks on it, its just a decoration.

I can think of a ton of tricks to do on it!!!

Love the review Geraldine!!!
Back to top Go down
rk fb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
rk fb

clear cnc lathe
white chinas
creamy goo

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 am

funkbuda wrote:
rk fb wrote:

I can think of a ton of tricks to do on it!!!

Love the review Geraldine!!!

name some tricks, aside from a natas spin and the grinds that would barely fit on the side
Back to top Go down
funkbuda
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
funkbuda

TDLB's/WC's
OAK's
TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:06 am

Satan spins, bonks, wallrides, etc.!!! Get creative, don't be "stagnant"
Back to top Go down
rk fb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
rk fb

clear cnc lathe
white chinas
creamy goo

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:39 am

satan spin is a natas spin...
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:38 am

I can also name a few more. Stalls, footplants, Parkour/Free Running inspired tricks, etc. You gotta get creative like Gou Miyagi or William Spencers.
Back to top Go down
funkbuda
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
funkbuda

TDLB's/WC's
OAK's
TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 am

^ha yes I was just gonna say footplants/handplants, nose/tail taps, truckstands, darkstalls....Man Gou's my favorite!!!
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 2:58 am

I know right Gou Miyagi is good! You gotta see this guy skate though, his style is insanely weird but creative!
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:11 am

i think it very much qualifies for a review, good review and it looks like a nice piece to have
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:14 am

Yess sick review, I'd honestly read this review rather than a review of like a Box 3 or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
razpotnik
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
razpotnik

Setup : fuzion
china trucks
china wheels

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 11:50 am

sick review.
Back to top Go down
urbanjump
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
urbanjump

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide:
X4's, China wheels, stock tuning
Brutal Custom:
TDLB's, Duros, witchcrafts
Zink, Ktown, 2 Bawsewoods, 2 woobs, Beastpants, Cowply:
All have wide BRT's, Oaks or FF wheels, & Witchrafts

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 am

Good review. I've had times I've thought about buying a decoration or something like this and looked for a review but because no one reviews this kind of thing.......welp just didnt buy it.
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review EmptySun May 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Excellent review Geraldine! I have a few Vaudeville pieces myself and they are extremely realistic. Johnny creates them from scratch and adds an amazing amount of detail to each "art-stackle". wink
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review   Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaudeville Newspaper Stand Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1