Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalReaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

Setup : Setup #1
[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Grand cruiser wheels 8.5 (yellow)
Ytrucks (polished)
Witchcraft bushings (yellow)
Roswell deck rails (yellow)
Dislocation tape

Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Empty
PostSubject: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:55 am

Noticed these carbon fibre fingerboards on eBay about a month or so back and decided to give them a shot...

Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) $_57 Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) $_57

Price:
Price-wise these aren’t exactly ‘cheap’ boards (at $25US) but they are far from expensive, especially considering the use of carbon-fibre. I was say the price is 'fair' however given my reasons listed below I don't think it justifies the asking price.

First impression:
First impressions are not overly favourable. I am not trying to be ‘harsh’ or overly negative but the finish on the top of the deck is quite rough (with a number if ‘imperfections’)and lacked the ‘finishing touch’. There are no king-pin holes either, making the trucks (slightly) raised once mounted. The carbon fibre graphics do look pretty damn sweet though.

Dimensions:
100mm long x 34mm wide.

Shape:
A very unusual shape indeed. Quite flat overall, with little to no concave or convex. Kicks are very short and stubby also. Definably not a fan :/

Performance:
Taking the above into consideration, the performance wasn’t quite as bad as expected (though not great either).  Quite poppy deck (courtesy of the carbon fibre) but the unusual shape makes the board hard to catch properly…I found it particularly difficult to flip into grinds and slide (-the flip was there but the kicks are so small and stumpy it’s hard to catch correctly). One thing this board was great for was spins, particularly 360 shuvits…they popped nicely and constantly stayed ‘flat’. I actually found spin’s quite a bit easy on this deck than my Yellowood setup.

Overall:
Sadly, not a deck I could recommend. I really did give this board a ‘fair go’ and I really wanted to like it but it just doesn’t ‘catch’ or ‘feel’ right. If the shape was greatly improved with longer kicks and some kind of concave/convex I would suggest giving them a whirl, but as is I would say wait for a new shape/mould before even considering a purchase.

*Typing this from work so I don’t have any pics on hand but I am more than happy to upload some if anyone is interested.

- Jono
Back to top Go down
roaldafb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
roaldafb

Companies : Klique Decks
Setup : Bawsewood Polar Replica
BRT wides Yellow Baseplates
Flatface BRR Edition Wheels White
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyMon May 18, 2015 11:44 pm

I would like to see a side pic. happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7qTGKTuQKnt3jZ3BGxZVWQ
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 12:49 am

Well the shape is not for everyone. Pics of the top ply to see the imperfections you mentioned?
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:16 am

@roaldafb: can do! happy

@skatemaster231: I agree this is just my opinion...but to be perfectly honest I would be VERY surprised if anyone favoured this kind of shape. Its not just the overall 'flatness' of the board, but rather the short stumpy kicks. I hope the pictures I will upload will better explain happy

- Jono
Back to top Go down
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 11:44 am

Here are some pics of the deck in question. Did some pics with my Yellowood setup to give a shape comparison.
*Please note I gripped this board THAN took the grip off for the photos...hence the brownish stain-like discolouring you can see on the left kick (in the 3rd pic).

Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04010
Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04011
Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04012
Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04013
Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04014
Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04015
Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Dsc04016

- Jono
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:10 pm

yeah that deck looks very iffy
Back to top Go down
roaldafb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
roaldafb

Companies : Klique Decks
Setup : Bawsewood Polar Replica
BRT wides Yellow Baseplates
Flatface BRR Edition Wheels White
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:17 am

Looks like he cracked the plies. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7qTGKTuQKnt3jZ3BGxZVWQ
DoubleDigits
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
DoubleDigits

[Experimenting]

Setup #2
Brutal 'Nuke' shape
Ytrucks (polished)
Dislocation tape

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) EmptyThu May 21, 2015 2:19 am

Lol, don't say I didn't give 'fair' warning XD

- Jono
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)   Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reaction Carbon Fibre Fingerboard (Mini Review)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1