Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalreshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HSK
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HSK

Setup : 34mmx99mm NeztekFB Zebrano Deck Red Ply
Tdlbs
Rool wheels duel bearing

reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  Empty
PostSubject: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Hay guys just found a random tdlb around the house still in its box lol cheers

So I have been reshaping the trucks slowly kinds not best but okish first job made abit of mess around the place with files lol. but good fun and learning curve for next go!!! afro my question is though I wanted to try and Screw some black AK axels into the hangers replaceing the threaded ones? Wanted to know if its been tryed and done beforehand and with any info maby?

Also I saw a thread saying instead of grinding down the tdlb base plate king pins swap to some china base plates so I tryed that but I cant seem to run a top bushing only bottom fits without been really tight and of course I need lose as all hell lol

Any positive feedback and information would be great thanks!  very happy
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Heard it's possible but just don't do it. Someone on here tried it and it's not worth the effort. Something about having to carefully drill out the axle hole and then trying to glue the new axles in with JB weld or something like that. Also if you were to attempt it, it would leave the hangers weaker and the axles would break off easier.
Back to top Go down
lucca2
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:30 pm

where can you buy the axles ?
Back to top Go down
HSK
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HSK

Tdlbs
Rool wheels duel bearing

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 1:37 pm

I got myen from another pair of AK trucks I have laying around
Back to top Go down
HSK
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HSK

Tdlbs
Rool wheels duel bearing

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Well I finally got around to finishing of shaping the tdlbs.

Im quite impressed with the outcome for a first attempt, im using some werid UFO shaped washers as wheel spacers witch I think also looks cool lol very happy

They feel alot better then normal chinas in my opinion helps me with pop because there raised abit more afro

reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  20150718

reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  2015-010
Back to top Go down
Sprite
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sprite

Setup : Too many setups to even count!

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:30 pm

I kinda like the color of that bottom!
Back to top Go down
eddie Victory
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 3:19 am

ah ther pretty cool! better than all my failed attempts anyway! ther mega thin i like it
Back to top Go down
HSK
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
HSK

Tdlbs
Rool wheels duel bearing

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Glad everyone enjoyed the shape, going to get ahold of some more sets and try again soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?    reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?  Empty

Back to top Go down

reshaping tdlb trucks and want to insert AK axels?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1