Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhere did the fun go? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where did the fun go?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

Where did the fun go? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Matthew Taylor wrote:
if you want to truly enjoy fingerboarding I would stay away from insta lol
Those fingerboarders on instagram are terrible and cringy as fuck
Back to top Go down
Joe Connelly
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe Connelly

Setup : cozy with cool guy wheels and trucks

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 4:58 pm

im still having fun, and this forum and insta have probably gotten me more into fingerboarding than ive ever been. it's easy to see the negatives of insta, but a lot of exposure comes from insta and good, reputable companies/fbers are setting great examples of how to use it to the fullest
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:41 pm

I don't go on Insta for a good reason that Matt pointed out to me the other day, a lot of kids buy expensive stuff and can't even fingerboard, they just do it to take pics and say they have it.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Uhh, I don't know about you guys, but I hardly see anyone "trying to get their name out there"... Only person who comes to mind when I think of that phrase is that Toebex dude...

I haven't seen a " X company welcomes X rider to the team!" type post in a while. If anything, people are more focused on actual fingerboarding than they are sponsors, lol.
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:04 am

Matthew Taylor wrote:
I don't know how you can stand fingerboarding alone, it would just get boring unless you have loads of obstacles. I find talking with a small group of friends on skype makes fingerboarding fun for me, the social aspect of fingerboarding is what draws me in.

This post annoys me a bit. I think if you need to be around other people to feel some sort of enjoyment, you're not enjoying the hobby, just the company. On that note, fnigerboarding alone, for me at least and I assume many other people out there, is the only option because of the lack of resources available to get to a meetup. Sure, fun is relative to all people, but if you can't enjoy fnigerboarding when it's only you, then what's the point?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:14 am

Wes W. wrote:
I don't go on Insta for a good reason that Matt pointed out to me the other day, a lot of kids buy expensive stuff and can't even fingerboard, they just do it to take pics and say they have it.
who cares if kids buy shit but arent good, thats like getting mad at a kid for having nicer shoes than you. just ignore those people and you're fine. besides, insta has a lot more new content than youtube.
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:16 am

Wes W. wrote:
let's rob them pirat
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 3:06 am

instagram really isn't all that bad.. you guys are just getting caught in the bad parts of it. yup, lots of haters on instagram. lots of people with egos that go through the roof who think that they are insta famous so it's okay for them to bash on the lesser. but i've met some really nice people on instagram.
when i got back into fingerboarding i noticed that youtube wasn't that big of a thing. i had been on ffi and that place was dead. so i looked up the fingerboard hashtag and boom, i found an entire community. if instagram wasn't around, i don't think there would be as much interaction amongst people. forums aren't used as much anymore, so people just gathered on insta. and you know what? the annoying kids that you guys complain about would probably be on here if instagram didn't exist tongue
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:24 am

JessM wrote:
Matthew Taylor wrote:
I don't know how you can stand fingerboarding alone, it would just get boring unless you have loads of obstacles. I find talking with a small group of friends on skype makes fingerboarding fun for me, the social aspect of fingerboarding is what draws me in.

This post annoys me a bit. I think if you need to be around other people to feel some sort of enjoyment, you're not enjoying the hobby, just the company. On that note, fnigerboarding alone, for me at least and I assume many other people out there, is the only option because of the lack of resources available to get to a meetup. Sure, fun is relative to all people, but if you can't enjoy fnigerboarding when it's only you, then what's the point?
Seriously i fingerboard alone 99.9% of the time, and i would LOVE the comrodery that comes along with friends but that's not available and it doesn't change how much i love fingerboarding
Back to top Go down
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 8:53 am

Robert wrote:
that Toebex dude

Where did the fun go? - Page 2 200_s
Back to top Go down
Casin0
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Casin0

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Rens wrote:
Robert wrote:
that Toebex dude

Where did the fun go? - Page 2 200_s
toebex AND mark schneider are in the illuminati
Back to top Go down
Wes W.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Wes W.

Setup : Redwolf regular shape 32.5
china wides
flatface user shangs
Cartwheels prototypes
unknown foam tape

Cowply c1 one of a kind split
brts
winks big daddy'z
Sean's bushings
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Please, Mike IS the Illuminati
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 12:01 am

Where did the fun go guys? No seriously I've been away for four days, I don't know where the fun really went.
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:32 am

skatemaster231 wrote:
Where did the fun go guys? No seriously I've been away for four days, I don't know where the fun really went.

You are the fun! Always amusing @skatemaster231 jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did the fun go?   Where did the fun go? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where did the fun go?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Fingerboarding Discussion :: Fingerboarding Discussion & News-