Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTest videos (input appreciated) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Test videos (input appreciated)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MaxKG
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MaxKG

Companies : Snowboarding, longboarding, fingerboarding, chilling

Test videos (input appreciated) Empty
PostSubject: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 pm

Can you see a difference between these two videos? trying to figure out how to upload in hd to youtube. Videos in hd, the edited sequence is in hd, yet when i upload it.... no hd... I messed around with the settings in quicktime (yeah i'm using a mac) before uploading on the second one, I can see a difference but I've been looking at this screen for way too long so I need another opinion happy watch in 480p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESGh2iCj9E4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMvfPB3BIzo
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:40 am

the slowmo looks blurrier on the first one? : o

What are your video settings? Maybe you're missing something that it needs to be hd?
Either way, who cares if its not 'hd', the quality is still amazing. Pixels aren't all its about, the quality of the sensor is clearly really good on your camera, so, in the end you've still got something thats giving you awesome quality ^_^

Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:17 am

I think you need to de-interlace your footage. It should be in the size bar if I'm correct. What are your settings? Export it as a Quicktime movie.
Back to top Go down
MaxKG
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MaxKG

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Well I edit using final cut express in which the setting are 1440x1080 and 29.97 fps. Then I export it to quicktime, that I did do steven, however I did not deinterlace, I will give that a shot. When exporting to quicktime I tried using both compression type h.264 (which youtube recommends) and m-peg 4 video, as for the size I used 1440x1080 16:9 HD and I obviously kept the same fram rate aswell.

kerry, yeah I agree but it would look sweet in hd happy

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 am

Try setting the size to 1920x1080. That's the size for true hd. If you have Final Cut, de-interlace it with that, under filters-video-de-interlace, if it has it(I'm not sure if Express and Pro both have it.). Set it to lower(even). What framerate do you film on your camera? Oh and I'm not sure if Express has the exact same stuff as Pro, so some of the stuff may vary.
Edit:I'll explain de-interlacing too if you don't know what it is. There's two type of framerates types. "i" and "p". For example, 60i, which is usually the standard type in the Us. i, for "interlaced" video has two "fields". One odd field , and one even one. These two "fields" make up a frame. p stands for progressive, progressive frame rates basically have one field. That was a kinda brief explanation cuz' I'm going to sleep.
Back to top Go down
MaxKG
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MaxKG

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 pm

thanks a lot man, I de-interlaced and it worked. I had a vague idea of what it was but your explanation made it a bit clearer. The camera films at 30 fps, and the edited sequence is in 29.97. Filmed some tricks to check out how it looked happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwLDMkeBfA8
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:20 pm

looks soo sick in 720p! (I don't dare play it in 1080, it'd just lag retardedly on my pc)
Nice tricks too. That ramp looks fun happy
Back to top Go down
MaxKG
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MaxKG

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 pm

thanks man!
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:16 pm

I watched it in 1080p perfectly fine Kerry. wink
Back to top Go down
MaxKG
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MaxKG

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:40 pm

what did you think? i didn't spend much time editing so the color correction on a lot of the clips is off (it was in the evening so I was losing light, and some came out blueish. Thanks again for the advice
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:02 am

Yeah some had a blue-ish tint to them. One of the clips looked a little too warm too I think. Overall colors were good if you were going for the natural look, which I'm guessing you were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Test videos (input appreciated)   Test videos (input appreciated) Empty

Back to top Go down

Test videos (input appreciated)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1