Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWelcome me. - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Welcome me. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:06 pm

i dont want to stop any one joining here who wants too. im just sick of a few people taking the pi55 and being sad time wasters with no life. pretending to be other people and trying their hardest to scam people and get members personal details......

this place is getting big, like us guys new it would one day, their has to be a point where you say enough is enough, and take a leaf out of the top fb forums books. because this place is right behind them and about to take over....
Back to top Go down
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Can't someone buy the forum off Harvey?
Since he doesn't care anymore and is never here i'm sure he would let it go for the right price..
I'd be willing to pay for it.. or whatever needs to happen.
a forum without its owner can never really improve especially since Kerry is restricted from ever letting this place grow.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:21 pm

you have too much money for your own good grant tongue i wish i was in your boat......+ this forum needs to stay in the UKs hands (no offense) imo...its the home of UK fingerboarders after all....

+ i dont think a forum should just be 'sold' for the right price.....kids would be making them willy nilly and trying to sell them...its the people that make the forum....and the people could just as easily leave for another forum.....
Back to top Go down
GrantHarris
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GrantHarris

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 pm

I said whatever needs to happen.. and in that case why don't you danny and kerry go in together and try to get it off Harvey?

but i think, if a forum doesn't have an owner and isn't improving then something has to happen. I mean if the owner isn't even here I don't see why you all wouldn't love to try and take it over. So it's in the right hands.
but whatever the greater good thinks.

After all, this place isn't big enough to have to email someone to get on.. No one will be willing to do that when there is plenty of other small forums that are overlooked that they could walk right into.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:49 pm

how much do you sell a forum for? im not willing to pay for this one, when if things got bad and their was no control, im sure a new forum could be made and all the members from here could join.......but this place is established...and thats whats good about it...

most of the other forums are no good (no offense to anyone) they have their certain members, but not much really ever happens......fbc has died, and all the advertising of late has made this one of the forums to be on...imo. the members here are great. ffi is good, but so so...it doesn't have the love of this place.

i think anyone who is legit and wants to take part will do the email thing....but i think the idea of having a post restriction on new members is the best idea...that way if 'timo kranz' joined and wanted to post something, a mod would have to 'approve' the post first...that way cut out the holden.

the last thing i want to do is discourage new members, but i also want the members to be safe of impostors too....

any chance you can lend me a couple hundred for some new veneers grant? tongue
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:19 pm

I actually think buying the place off harvey is a good idea.. but, fuck knows what he'd want for it. A lot, I'm guessing .___.

We need control and/or for him to care.

And I still don't know how we'd go about working any of these measures out.. the 10 posts thing sounds the best bet, but, don't think its possible with this forum sad
I guess maybe, have all new posters start off as like 'unvalidated members', and after a few posts have me + blosom (who I'd promote) check them out, and if they're legit, promote them to 'validated members' or something? happy

I'm not feeling comfortable with the email thing the more I think about it.. I don't ever want to close this place, tbh.
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:06 pm

How can you buy something which he set up for free? I'd be surprised if he's arrogant about the price.
Back to top Go down
bobbysmokes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
bobbysmokes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:38 pm

People buy forums according to the number of members and the number of unique visitors per day. Forums are also notorious for having really low ad revenue, because its usually the same people viewing the forum over and over again and they get banner blindness.

IMO you couldn't get more than 400-500 hundred for a forum like this, It's true what blosom said people can just leave and go to another forum, which makes forum buying pretty risky.

Sites where people buy and sell websites.
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52
http://www.warriorforum.com/complete-web-sites-sale/
https://flippa.com/

O and Thom people sell youtube accounts also and they are Free happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.4cfingerboards.com
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:29 pm

yea, people sell youtube accounts and stuff.. crazy..
I think harvey probably has no idea that this is worth anything.. but at the same time, I'm sure hes FAR too stubborn to sell it. He never replies to PMs or anything, so, fuck knows how to even get hold of him : o
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm

dont even let him know its worth something.......he'll milk it even more.....no offense Harvey tongue
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:56 pm

facebook.
apart from now he has a girlfriend, so that ,might convince him to let go of this place
he's done alot for fingerboard hq, but, its time for him to move on :/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:25 pm

He'll make you pay for it the only reason he still wants this place is cos of the couple of ads
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:05 am

you dont make money from ads do you? :L ads are the way that the site is kept free to make and use, isnt it?
i thought you had to pay darkbb to get them removed :L
Back to top Go down
bobbysmokes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
bobbysmokes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 am

IDK how this forum works exactly, but yes websites and forums make money from ads.

basically if you have a website you place Google ads on it, if someone clicks the ad you are payed a small percentage of the fee Google charges the person who ran the ad. All the fingerboard keywords (almost all ) are less than .50 usd to buy.

So every time someone clicks an ad the website owner is payed on average around .05 per click.(for FB keywords, some keywords pay much much higher)
so its really a numbers game.
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:32 am

I say we delete the posts above so he doesn't see us talking about the actual price haha.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 8:34 am

bobbysmokes wrote:
IDK how this forum works exactly, but yes websites and forums make money from ads.

basically if you have a website you place Google ads on it, if someone clicks the ad you are payed a small percentage of the fee Google charges the person who ran the ad. All the fingerboard keywords (almost all ) are less than .50 usd to buy.

So every time someone clicks an ad the website owner is payed on average around .05 per click.(for FB keywords, some keywords pay much much higher)
so its really a numbers game.

yes but the only adds here are places here by forumotion, the big company that gives out the free forums. And if you want to get rid of them you have to pay, but, only harvey can do that, has to be the 'founder' doing it >_<
So, yea, no money is made here. The adds at the top to harveys companies he doesn't run any more as well are obviously not making money, as he doesn't sell things any more, so, yea..
Back to top Go down
bobbysmokes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
bobbysmokes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 1:56 pm

Okay makes sense, wow so this is really a labor of love for you guys? Bravo for that.

Money is for sure made here, It's just made by the large company that owns the forum. I make money from websites way smaller than this one,with way less traffic.

Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:15 pm

wait... whos paying for this domain anyways?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

And if he doesn't sell it to us, we'll destroy his life with Holden Bots.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 pm

TaylorT wrote:
wait... whos paying for this domain anyways?

Noone, co.nr domains are free : o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome me.   Welcome me. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome me.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fingerboard HQ :: Non Fingerboard Discussion :: Off Topics-